Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old February 13th, 2012, 09:23 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
If I can't stay away and get my life in some order, I suppose that shows how weak a person I am.
~Son of Arathorn
Well,This part made me realize that I spend WAY too much time on this site,And thinking about 'Scape. I would literally check this site at LEAST 20 times a day,and I spend all day thinking,Hmmm Charos + 2x Greenscales = 330,Now what would be good for the last 170 points

I have now resolved to only be on this site for a little bit in the Early morning,And after Dinner.

Also,SoA,I want you to know that I'm praying for you and your Family,And I hope other Christians on this site will do the same.

~B96

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 14th, 2012, 10:17 AM

Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby!

It sounds like you are in a very rough spot in your life- school, family finances, a family split.

People take drugs and drink because, for a little while, they are able to forget the unpleasantness and the emptiness in their lives, they escape the pressure and briefly forget about the things they cannot change. It's a negative action because it doesn't help their situation. It costs money and in the morning all the problems are still there and probably they feel sick.

People become obsessed with Scape (I'm guilty) for the same reasons- it gives me something to think about when my life spirals out of control. When I was losing my job, I made up a new master set. It's something I like, it's a refuge and it made me happy, and gave me hope for the future. Helped keep me sane. Life must have hope and joy. Scapedreaming is not negative because you have friends here, you touched and helped people even if you didn't know it, you exercised your brain and your creative abilities- thus increasing those abilities, you contributed to something bigger than you - think the force in Star Wars- you contributed and this force is with you.
Plus Scape, unlike alcohol or drugs, is a one time purchase and lasts for years.

I know I sound corny but I don't care. I'm still in a roughish spot, but I understand better that the things I can't change aren't worth suffering for, and then I go home and make customs and have an awful lot of playing with family and friends. One of my good friends just lost his house- it's awesome to see him laugh and get excited when playing.

Now I'm rambling, sorry.
If you let yourself be filled with negative things it will poison you. It's okay to put positive things in- joys. It actually makes you stronger and better able to deal with negative.

You'll get through the rough spots- you just have to get up everyday and make it to bedtime. But spend time cultivating the things you enjoy and love- happiness is something you have to grow yourself. Sure sometimes you stumble on it and that's great but real prolonged wonderful happiness is hard work. It's doing the things you love, and being nice to yourself. And you'll be surprised how that "leaks" into everything else- relationships, situations, and it makes your whole live better.

Scape on, SoA, Scape on.
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:05 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvano the Wasabus View Post
It sounds like you are in a very rough spot in your life- school, family finances, a family split.

People take drugs and drink because, for a little while, they are able to forget the unpleasantness and the emptiness in their lives, they escape the pressure and briefly forget about the things they cannot change. It's a negative action because it doesn't help their situation. It costs money and in the morning all the problems are still there and probably they feel sick.

People become obsessed with Scape (I'm guilty) for the same reasons- it gives me something to think about when my life spirals out of control. When I was losing my job, I made up a new master set. It's something I like, it's a refuge and it made me happy, and gave me hope for the future. Helped keep me sane. Life must have hope and joy. Scapedreaming is not negative because you have friends here, you touched and helped people even if you didn't know it, you exercised your brain and your creative abilities- thus increasing those abilities, you contributed to something bigger than you - think the force in Star Wars- you contributed and this force is with you.
Plus Scape, unlike alcohol or drugs, is a one time purchase and lasts for years.

I know I sound corny but I don't care. I'm still in a roughish spot, but I understand better that the things I can't change aren't worth suffering for, and then I go home and make customs and have an awful lot of playing with family and friends. One of my good friends just lost his house- it's awesome to see him laugh and get excited when playing.

Now I'm rambling, sorry.
If you let yourself be filled with negative things it will poison you. It's okay to put positive things in- joys. It actually makes you stronger and better able to deal with negative.

You'll get through the rough spots- you just have to get up everyday and make it to bedtime. But spend time cultivating the things you enjoy and love- happiness is something you have to grow yourself. Sure sometimes you stumble on it and that's great but real prolonged wonderful happiness is hard work. It's doing the things you love, and being nice to yourself. And you'll be surprised how that "leaks" into everything else- relationships, situations, and it makes your whole live better.

Scape on, SoA, Scape on.
Well met!

I put this post in "favorites" on my computer.
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

to StW.
Old February 14th, 2012, 06:58 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvano the Wasabus View Post
Tell that to DR. Weirdscaper

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 16th, 2012, 05:08 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Of course even I took six months off of Scapers to do my Master's Thesis.
Wasn't in the psychology of addiction was it?

Old February 16th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Of course even I took six months off of Scapers to do my Master's Thesis.
Wasn't in the psychology of addiction was it?

No, it was a novel about time travel.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I hope you change your mind SoA. I feel like if I was going through a hard time, the last thing I would do would be to leave this community. I am more amazed every day by the quality of people who frequent this site. You have been one of my favorites. Fan-Fic was the first 'group' I got involved with and I am extremely happy I did because it gave me the opportunity to interact with you and enjoy your well written tales. You have a gift and I hope you continue to write even if you do not return to HS. I wish you all the best and will refrain from suggestions because more qualified people have already given theirs.
Time has a way of healing all wounds. In time I hope to see you again. Peace....

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 16th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I was informed by my younger brother Ninja Status (said somebody PM'd him) that I should look at this thread. I'm stunned, to say the least, at two things:
Spoiler Alert!

Right, so as I said in the OP, I still have some problems going on. The good news is, they've gotten (slightly) better over the past couple of weeks. My guardians, for lack of a better term, have gotten a bit less, shall we say, petty with each other. My grades are on the rise. The financial situation is still bleak, as ever, but I can deal. And to cap it all off, (I didn't even know this was going to happen), some of my favorite relatives have moved down here from Chicago in the past week (go figure, metropolis to desert wasteland). So in a nutshell, things are leveling off, whereas they were in a sharp descent a few days ago. I hate plotlines that can't be consistent. Of course, times are still tough, but as I said, I'll deal.

The completely amazing replies here have made me decide that I'm going to stay on the boards. And to be perfectly honest, the past days have had my hand itching to go for the mouse, to get on and post something. I refrained. I should have listened to the twitching fingers. Thank you all so much for supporting me.

To be honest, I think this was a good idea for me, to try staying away. It was good in theory, but it drove me near-insane in practice.

So, yeah, in a single sentence I could have used instead of a long post: I'm back.
Old February 16th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Whew, that was a rough couple of days.

Spoiler Alert!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 17th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool. I was I bit sad yesterday. Glad to have you back. What a great day. The return of SoA and the C3G release of Ghost Rider. Beautiful day, great to be alive.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; February 17th, 2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Sorry for the shameless plug, I *heart* GR
Old February 17th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Welcome back. Just remember: Moderation. Don't spend way too much time doing anything. Well, except being happy. You should always be happy.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General