Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old April 28th, 2021, 11:15 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
C3G TTS Super League! - Phase 2

SEASON 2 SIGN UPS
1. IAmBatman
2. Arkham
3. Ericth74
4. quozl
5. AlexH12
6. Ronin
7. Lord Pyre
8. tcglkn
9. Toyhandle
10. fret_gurglo
11. redstang
12. Karat

SEASON TWO UPDATES

Conference and Division breakdowns.

Spoiler Alert!

Next up is the schedule.

Spoiler Alert!

This would lead us to the playoffs.

Spoiler Alert!

------
Spoiler Alert!

LEAGUE RULES AND OUTLINE
Spoiler Alert!

LEAGUE ROSTER SEASON 1
Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by japes; April 20th, 2022 at 10:41 AM.
Old April 29th, 2021, 12:13 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G TTS Super League! - Discussions and Sign Up

This feels like a lot to take in. Probably going to sit out at least the first one as my life is fairly up in the air anyways.
Old April 29th, 2021, 08:58 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can sign me up
Old April 29th, 2021, 09:10 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I could start mid-August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 9th, 2021, 12:12 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I could start mid-August.
If all goes well, we might be able to do a second season in August.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 29th, 2021, 09:39 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

It seems a bit complex for me personally. The idea of a multi-season event structured like a football season is fun, but I don't really want that level of commitment. Happy to spectate if other people are into it, though.

Some in depth thoughts:
  • Not sure trading would ever really happen, because you're building your draft picks to synergize with each other. I guess it'd come into play if someone hate drafted me, then I'd hate draft them back and hope for a trade. Fun idea though.
  • I like map variety for tournaments just to avoid games feeling the same (since you're playing the same army each time, or at least a similar army in this format), so I don't really like the homefield map idea.
  • I don't understand the Team Loan concept.
  • The home/away series seems like a lot of games against one person. I prefer just having a single game determine things. Seems like choosing point totals can really lead to easily screwing another person over too. At the very least there would need to be cutoffs (like 600-1400 points is acceptable).
Old April 29th, 2021, 10:31 AM

1. I think free agency pick ups (which are triggered by new public releases) have the potential to shake up rosters, and thus incentivize trading more. That said, the trading aspect exists just to allow the opportunity, not because I think it'll be a big part of things. Seemed fun to allow it, though, and no real reason not to.

2. You'd be playing as many Away games as Home games, so you'd still play half of your games on other maps. I figured this was a good way to streamline the map choosing aspect of setting up games that added a bit of strategy to it.

3. The Team Loan concept is a subtle encouragement to have Teams build complementary rosters. Basically if your roster isn't working for you for an army you're trying to build, you can borrow up to one Army Card from a Teammate to help you put together an Army you like better. If that concept seems like more trouble than it's worth, though, it's an easy cut.

4. Yeah, there should definitely be a points range, and I suppose it could be fairly narrow. Some of that is left over from trying to include this as part of playtesting, which would require some flexibility to build an army for the testing unit. I'd probably even do 1,000-1,200 or something so Godzilla couldn't be locked out.

To me, doing just a single game is more of a tournament than a league season. That said, it's not like it's 4 games of you versus another person.

The idea is for each home or away series to be team versus team, so if you and I are on a team against Eric and Toyhandle (to use a random example) a Home series could be 1. Archie v. Eric 2. Bats v. Toy 3. Archie v. Toy 4. Bats v. Eric with no repetition at all.

Any of those could also be a game of Archie and Bats v. Eric and Toy in a 2v2. Or some match ups could be repeated. It's designed to be open and flexible for the sake of scheduling and availability.

Old April 29th, 2021, 10:33 AM

I think the target is probably 8 sign ups for the initial go. If we can get that, we'll go forward with the more complex league/season concept with 4 teams of 2. If we can't get that, I'll scrap it and we can just try another tournament some time.

I am going to add some restrictions on points ranges for army building.

Old April 29th, 2021, 10:39 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Ah, I misunderstood several of those rules (missed the teammate thing entirely). Thanks for the clarifications.
Old April 29th, 2021, 10:42 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

After seeing it, I'm really questioning how playtesting would fit into this setup.

Personally not super keen on the fantasy football setup but then I'm not a fan of fantasy football in general, but I get the draw to it. Great idea, undecided on my participation stance though.

Oh, and for the team loan thing, is it 1 period or 1 per teammate. I read it as 1 period.
Old April 29th, 2021, 11:13 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maybe what we should look at what the most people would be into. I like the the league idea, but if more people will participate in a tournament or a blend of both maybe we should explore that?

If we get eight teams, we could do two groups of 4, round Robin style, top 2 in each go to the playoffs. Lots of options.

I'll play pretty much anything.
Old April 29th, 2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Ah, I misunderstood several of those rules (missed the teammate thing entirely). Thanks for the clarifications.
No prob. I know it's a lot, but I promise I tried thinking things through. Chances for clarification are good and appreciated, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
After seeing it, I'm really questioning how playtesting would fit into this setup.
Well, I stripped those parts out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Oh, and for the team loan thing, is it 1 period or 1 per teammate. I read it as 1 period.
1 period. But ideally we'd have teams of 2, anyway. The ability to have a team of 3 is just for people who want to sub in every once in a while but don't feel they can really commit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy