Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 2nd, 2021, 09:37 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Knox's Customs - NEW: 54th GRENDADIERS

54th GRENADIERS

This squad is 2 modified Sgt Drakes, working on uploading photos. The rope and grapple are cut off the grapple gun so it looks just like a grenade launcher and the sword is cut off as well.

ALMAGEST THE AVENGER

[IMG][/IMG]

The design is for another Aquilla Kyrie hero to complete the faction started by @SchismaticSounds .

Figure: https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ddmm...0aAnoPEALw_wcB

Background: Almagest is the book by Ptolemy in which the discovery of the Aquilla constellation was first chronicled

As you can see, my photo editing skills need work. But it's progress!

EINAR DESERT ORCS
This faction is designed after an old @Retlaw custom Grinak repaint, also named Ragnarak. I've updated the abilities from that original design so as to synergize with the Warriors & Raider. The figures are a repainted Grimnak, 3 repainted Tarns, and a Heroclix Orc Archer

I've updated them significantly since first posting

RAGNARAK
[IMG][/IMG]
Figure: Grimnak

WARRIORS OF GRA-UR

[IMG][/IMG]

Figure: Tarn Viking Warriors

GRA-UR RAIDER
[IMG][/IMG]

Figure: https://www.trollandtoad.com/herocli...roclix/1028968

Last edited by Knox; February 25th, 2022 at 02:28 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2021, 09:55 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Knox's Customs - My First Serious Custom

In an army with 400 points of the warriors you'll be able to move over twenty figures every turn. That's a LOT of movement.

I like the desert orc concept, but maybe look at Sir Gilbert for mass movement limits.

Have you playtested them at all? They look fun.
Old November 3rd, 2021, 10:10 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
In an army with 400 points of the warriors you'll be able to move over twenty figures every turn. That's a LOT of movement.

I like the desert orc concept, but maybe look at Sir Gilbert for mass movement limits.

Have you playtested them at all? They look fun.
Only got 1 game in with them, and didn't have many. I updated the movement rule to "must move" and only 1 space. It keeps the flavor of a swarm of orcs, but significantly nerfs the ability. It also prevents them from being super powerful as glyph grabbers since they'll have to move off the glyph.

I also lowered their base move to 5. I could see this being too much movement even still but I like the ability's uniqueness
Old November 3rd, 2021, 04:56 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Definitely try them with lots of figures and see how they work. It's going to be very imposing to see an entire army slowly creeping forward!
Old December 2nd, 2021, 11:59 AM

Re: Knox's Customs - NEW: Almagest the Avenger

New - Almagest the Avenger! Took down the Desert Orcs 'till I can photoshop their cards
Old December 2nd, 2021, 12:10 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the miniature chosen and the photoshopped effect of it flying out of the card looks great. Design is a bit of a glass canon, if he lives an engagement then he should be able to take down a hero or whack a couple of squad members quite easily. I think the more fragile stats are fun here, especially with the Kozuke samurai esque ability for extra movement.

I'm not sure if 110 is too expensive, I definitely wouldnt go above it. Looks fun!
Old December 2nd, 2021, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I like the miniature chosen and the photoshopped effect of it flying out of the card looks great. Design is a bit of a glass canon, if he lives an engagement then he should be able to take down a hero or whack a couple of squad members quite easily. I think the more fragile stats are fun here, especially with the Kozuke samurai esque ability for extra movement.

I'm not sure if 110 is too expensive, I definitely wouldnt go above it. Looks fun!
Thanks! Do you think he needs double attack in order to stay effective? I really think of him as an anti Q9 or anti Cyprein - he can get in there with a potential 8 move and flying, put the hurt on your opponents' best figure, then die
Old December 2nd, 2021, 03:48 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice to see some cards!
The sand orc tribe is a brutal enemy on sand maps. I like the Grimnak repaint. Great way of reusing extra RotV sets. I'm thinking about doing a tutorial showing how to photoshop images quickly for cards. The figure popping out of the window is a cool effect I like to see.

Almagest looks awesome. I think he is a little squishy for a large hero. I don't think it would hurt to go 5 life or 4 defense here, maybe even more. Since I imagine he would be attempted to counter play using squads, I'd like to see him with a way to destroy 2 figures. Maybe double attack, yea. Definitely a rush in assassin attempter as is, and I'm not sure his 110 value would be worth that currently.

Vengeance is mine could be removed to give space for another ability, giving him a base 6 or 7 move instead, or adding the move bonus to Wrath of the River. I look forward to seeing his development!
Old December 2nd, 2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Nice to see some cards!
The sand orc tribe is a brutal enemy on sand maps. I like the Grimnak repaint. Great way of reusing extra RotV sets.
Thanks! I'm working on several RotV customs. Up next is a Grenade-Launcher squad using 2 Sgt. Drakes. Hopefully I'll have more soon! Sand maps are pretty rare so it doesn't feel too imbalanced but I like the variety of terrain-specific abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Almagest looks awesome. I think he is a little squishy for a large hero. I don't think it would hurt to go 5 life or 4 defense here, maybe even more. Since I imagine he would be attempted to counter play using squads, I'd like to see him with a way to destroy 2 figures. Maybe double attack, yea. Definitely a rush in assassin attempter as is, and I'm not sure his 110 value would be worth that currently.

Vengeance is mine could be removed to give space for another ability, giving him a base 6 or 7 move instead, or adding the move bonus to Wrath of the River. I look forward to seeing his development!
Thanks! Yeah, I think double attack and a bit more defense will come in the next iteration. I always want to err on the side of an underpowered custom than an overpowered one for the first iteration though. Thanks for the inspiration!! My Harbingers just showed up yesterday btw
Old December 2nd, 2021, 07:09 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the reference - and "flashback" to an earlier time of Heroscape.

It's been a long time since we (son and i) did any customs/repaints. As more and more waves came out, we stopped doing repaints. Below is my version of Ragnarak from circa 2006.

Old December 4th, 2021, 01:30 PM

Glad I was able to use one of your old customs - after 15 years! Thanks @Retlaw ! I was 9 when you originally posted this, I probably didn't discover heroscapers.com or any customs until sometime between 2017 or 2019. But this was one of the first ones I found and one of my favorites. Glad to see Ragnarak hitting the table again after all this time
Old December 5th, 2021, 08:23 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Glad I was able to use one of your old customs - after 15 years! Thanks [MENTION=109]Retlaw[/MENTION]! I was 9 when you originally posted this, I probably didn't discover heroscapers.com or any customs until sometime between 2017 or 2019. But this was one of the first ones I found and one of my favorites. Glad to see Ragnarak hitting the table again after all this time
Coincidence - my son was also 9 years old in 2006. He's the reason I got into heroscape. He played it at a friends birthday party in 2005 and then asked for it for Christmas 2005 and from there it grew and grew....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards