Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 6th, 2015, 12:18 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Shiftrex's Kitchen Table

Hi everyone ^^ I'm new to creating maps and custom figures in Heroscape but I thought I would post my maps as I make them. This first one I just made came from seeing how nice a lot of the community maps are so I tried to do something simple.

Swamp Crossing

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2m64u87.jpg

Imagine a murky river crossing where the water has been darkened and never flows blue. Even the ground here is permanently stained though heading just a short distance up or down river will yield clear water. A great bridge used to cross this spot but the road has since fallen out of use to leave crumbling stonework. Whatever happened here has been long forgotten, cross quickly and be warned.

NOTES:
This map can be used with the Hive, simply place it between the two bridges and move it closer to the side that will be using it (there is one hex of wiggle room). The grass hex in the center of the swamp is removed when a full swamp is desired and is replaced with a swamp water hex. The grass hex in the center of the swamp is used for a scenario involving this map.

Last edited by Shiftrex; January 6th, 2015 at 09:20 PM.
Old January 6th, 2015, 08:54 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Shiftrex's Kitchen Table

That looks pretty cool. I may build it soon to see how it plays. I like the idea of placing the hive in the middle. It would make a cool scenario to capture the hive or something like that.
Old January 6th, 2015, 09:19 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for looking Definitely let me know how it turns out when you play the map ^^
Old January 6th, 2015, 11:05 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Imagine a murky river crossing...
I love maps that have the "feel" of a place that could be real. I often try to capture that in my maps, too.

If you really want to go crazy with map design I suggest checking out mad_wookiee's Cartographer's Toolbox stickied in this section.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; January 7th, 2015 at 01:05 AM. Reason: found a solution to my weblink problem
Old January 7th, 2015, 02:41 AM

Wow, thanks!

I had started that series of posts but I guess I'll finish it now ^^ seemed like some really helpful advice for someone that is just starting off. I'm still really new to any kind of custom map making so thanks for taking a look, I'll strive after catching the "feel" of a place

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios