Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 22nd, 2018, 12:46 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Dreadgul Raiders

@superfrog It looks like these guys are missing the Count Raymond synergy:
Quote:
COUNT RAYMOND : MANEUVER 9
As humans who follow Einar, Dreadgul Raiders may benefit from Count Raymond's MANEUVER 9 when they receive one or more wounds from a leaving engagement attack.
Old March 23rd, 2019, 08:54 AM

Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker

Mok is a giant and missing in the list

edit: i cant read, pls ignore i dont know how to delete it
Old August 19th, 2020, 09:59 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Would someone with better photoshop skills than me be interested in creating an alternate Dreadgul Raiders card using three of the Tarn Viking Warriors' sculpts? I have a bunch of extra Tarns lying around, and the original c3v sculpts are a bit pricey now.
Old August 19th, 2020, 11:22 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Would someone with better photoshop skills than me be interested in creating an alternate Dreadgul Raiders card using three of the Tarn Viking Warriors' sculpts? I have a bunch of extra Tarns lying around, and the original c3v sculpts are a bit pricey now.
Here ya go

I couldn't find any good high res images of the Tarns, but this should still work for proxy purposes

Old August 19th, 2020, 12:36 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Here ya go

I couldn't find any good high res images of the Tarns, but this should still work for proxy purposes

Thanks so much! This looks great. My Dreadguls shall sing your praises in Valhalla
Old November 18th, 2021, 08:33 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Chris Perkins and I came upon a question in our OHS game today.

I have 2 Dreadguls engaged. I only move 1 before I roll for BERSERKER CHARGE (presumably because I'm attacking with the 2 that are engaged). Do I have to declare which 3 are "activated" prior to rolling to charge? Could I, should I roll higher than 15, decide not to attack with the 2 that are engaged and move the one again and then two more?

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 18th, 2021, 08:46 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

In situations like that, I've always played it that only the figure(s) that actually moved can move again, so you would only have been able to move that one Dreadgul. I believe that's what the Editing team intended to convey with the word "same" in the power.
Old November 19th, 2021, 12:02 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's how we ruled it in game but its ambiguous. I can very easily see a rules-lawyer argue for the opposite.

For example, if I have 5 Dreadguls engaged and moved none, I declare attacks and targets one-by-one. I do not have to declare which 3 are attacking prior to rolling attack dice.

Because of this precedent, its reasonable to say that the two of the three that moved are still ambiguous.

I feel like I'm not being super clear, but that could be because its midnight. I hope this makes sense.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 19th, 2021, 12:10 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think the most honorable way to prevent that ambiguity would be to declare which units you are taking a turn with before attacking.
Old November 19th, 2021, 12:52 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I believe your ruling was incorrect. As long as you don’t activate more than 3 in the turn you’re good*.

*just my reading, not a Rules Team decision.
Old November 19th, 2021, 12:52 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
That's how we ruled it in game but its ambiguous. I can very easily see a rules-lawyer argue for the opposite.

For example, if I have 5 Dreadguls engaged and moved none, I declare attacks and targets one-by-one. I do not have to declare which 3 are attacking prior to rolling attack dice.

Because of this precedent, its reasonable to say that the two of the three that moved are still ambiguous.

I feel like I'm not being super clear, but that could be because its midnight. I hope this makes sense.
I would argue exactly this. Range units in particular get this benefit all the time- choosing which Stinger will shoot next based on what happened in prior attacks that turn, for example. Also, I’ve definitely chosen not to move a Tarn during its normal move, but then moved it during the berserker (due to where the berserkering Tarn could move). The “choose which units” obviously doesn’t matter with a unique squad, but again, it’s more weight against having to declare things in advance.
Old November 21st, 2021, 10:52 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

In Heroscape, unless specifically written, you never announce anything in advance.
That's one rule that is overly misunderstood by the players when activating common squads.
To be all clear :

When activating an 3-figures common squad army card (valid for any number of figures in the squad of course) :
You don't have to declare anything in advance, consequently you commit yourself in activating a specific figure only once you've done something with it. So if you move with only 1 of them, nothing stipulates the 2 others that you activated.
The Berserk Charge stipulate "same" in the sense of "same activated figures", so you are constrained only for the 1 you already move, and have the choice for 2 others. It's here only to avoid that you move for instance 6 different Dreadgul Raiders, as this army card in not designed for a swarm-like gameplay as opposed to the Zombies and Ants.

--------
Why this was overlooked in the power/FAQ ?
Well, simply because there's very few cases where at momentum [T] you don't want to move fig. A but at momentum [T + a dice roll] you want to ! In fact the only case I see is if due to the first move, a moved figure is destroyed (Engagement Strike or Disengage ?).
--------

In conclusion, if you didn't move 3 figures with your initial move but only 1 for instance, then you are free to choose the 2 additional others you may want to move with the special power. And this is the case with any other special power in common squads (swarm-like powers, etc...): never feel like you are constrained in your squad figures choices unless you already did something with the total amount of figures (here, 3 for my example) allowed.

That's my personal point of view of course as I am not part of C3V design team, but I am pretty confident in such understanding : it's the same mindset that allows you to attack with a squad figure even if you did not move with it right before.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; November 25th, 2021 at 05:41 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs