Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 16th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Marrden Nagrubs

I can see why you might want to. If your Nagrub is engaged and occupying a hex you want to move into with TorKulNa it could be a wise sacrifice to eat it, should that be allowed. Like Zealot though, I lean toward answering negatively, but I could see it either way.

~Aldin, thinking Nagrubs are the healthiest snack in HeroScape

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 16th, 2008, 07:07 AM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I can see why you might want to. If your Nagrub is engaged and occupying a hex you want to move into with TorKulNa it could be a wise sacrifice to eat it, should that be allowed. Like Zealot though, I lean toward answering negatively, but I could see it either way.

~Aldin, thinking Nagrubs are the healthiest snack in HeroScape
ding ding ding!

I didn't really want to get into the why as it didn't really matter but it came up in a game we played yesterday.

Honestly it is a pretty rare case when you might want to do this, but I'd like to know for sure and I'd like to save someone else an argument!

~damja, still thinking Aldin has the funniest way to end his posts on the internet.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:15 AM

ZtruK has disabled reputation

Sorry if this has already been asked. But if you have 1 grub left and you begin to take a turn with it. Then you sacrifice that last grub to heal your hivelord, you still get to take a turn with that Hivelord even though the grubs are all gone correct?
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZtruK View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked. But if you have 1 grub left and you begin to take a turn with it. Then you sacrifice that last grub to heal your hivelord, you still get to take a turn with that Hivelord even though the grubs are all gone correct?
That's certainly the way I've played, but I can see that others might (and seeing as how this is an internet site, probably will) disagree.

~Aldin, having a light snack before jogging

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 25th, 2008, 05:32 PM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
That's certainly the way I've played, but I can see that others might (and seeing as how this is an internet site, probably will) disagree.

I agree with Aldin. On both points.

The way I read it, once the bond is activated you get to take a turn with the Hivelord, regardless of how many Grubs are left.

Old August 25th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zettian_guard View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with Aldin. On both points.

The way I read it, once the bond is activated you get to take a turn with the Hivelord, regardless of how many Grubs are left.
This is really interesting, I've always played it the other way.

I would prefer to get an official ruling on that one before I argue one way or the other since I'm willing for it to work either way. At the moment I'm going to keep playing that you can't take the turn if you lose your last Nagrub since you no longer have any units that your actual order marker is on but again,
I'm gonna wait for an official ruling on that one.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old August 26th, 2008, 12:01 AM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation

You still get the turn with the hivelord on the last 'grub because you have already started the hivelord's turn when the 'grub is eaten.

1. Reveal order marker on 'grubs.
2. Use Hivelord Life Bonding (at least one 'grub must be in play) to take a turn with a hivelord before the 'grubs' turn.
3. Before moving hivelord, the last 'grub is eaten. Continue hivelord's turn.
4. Take turn with 'grubs (which you can't because you don't have any left).

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old August 26th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Awesome,

Quite frankly I'm more happy with that being the answer since I play them all the time

Rep to Chaos Child for his simple but logical argument. I appreciate it.

~Zealot

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:52 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Marrden Nagrubs
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 1st, 2019, 01:44 PM

ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker

Kon-Tar-Na should be added in the custom synergies list

ScapeRaider is currently the only Marro Warrior...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old March 4th, 2019, 12:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScapeRaider View Post
Kon-Tar-Na should be added in the custom synergies list
On my list to update.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units