Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 27th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Myrddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Nice to have another Valiant figure with a SA (though, with a 4th army, it's unlikely that he will get to use MS).
That was intentional. Not like the 4th need any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Myrddin prevents any horrible rolls from betraying your army, and can even boost Braxas if need be. Kelda heals everybody up when they need it.
Veg, Myrddin cannot effect Braxas' rolls...Mystic Sacrifice only works for Small, Medium and Large figures.
And that was intentional too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I'd think that DED gets the biggest boost from him and probably tilts him closest to being "broken". It makes the odds of a huge game changing kill a lot greater.
Which he needs since he is a D figure.
As was that.

Here's where you reap the benefits of units designed by (fairly small, but very diverse) committee. There are disadvantages too, of course (the lengthy process being one), but the fact that all that shite has already been considered (and debated to death) is a big plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old June 28th, 2012, 09:55 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Myrddin has 5 wounds. Kelda heals him, but rolls a 1. If Myrddin boosts that by 1, which happens first: his death, or Kelda's healing? Does he survive?
Old June 28th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Myrddin has 5 wounds. Kelda heals him, but rolls a 1. If Myrddin boosts that by 1, which happens first: his death, or Kelda's healing? Does he survive?
It has been answered by X is the Blog. Myrddin receives wounds (and would die) before he boosts anyone.
Old June 28th, 2012, 10:32 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
It has been answered by X is the Blog. Myrddin receives wounds (and would die) before he boosts anyone.
Correct...That is why it says "After rolling the 20-sided die for the Army Card of a..."

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 29th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Just as everyone says. This power is a bit tricky, because it's an interruption, but we tried to word it so it covered every possibilty, if you follow the wording exactly. Think of it this way:
  • You roll the d20 for some hero within 4 spaces of Myrddin.
  • You roll a number that misses your desired result by 1 or 2.
  • You decide to invoke Mystic Sacrifice.
  • INTERRUPT!
    • Place either 1 or 2 wound markers on Myrddin.
    • If that kills him, he's dead: remove him from the board.
  • Add either 1 or 2 to your d20 roll.
  • Your roll now succeeds, and you apply results of the power.

So, as you can see, in the scenario you bring up, it's too late by the time Kelda's healing fires--Myrddin is long dead. Which essentially means you would never do this. At least not in the Kelda situation. There may be other powers where losing Myrddin might be worth it (Mind Shackling a powerful enemy, perhaps).

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V

Last edited by Xotli; June 29th, 2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: typo
Old June 29th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

However, if he has 4 wounds in this scenario, he could use MS and come out still having 4 wounds (Kelda rolls 1, he gives himself a wound, boosting her roll to 2, so Kelda heals the wound he gave himself).

On a related note, if I remember right, he was actually able to fix a 1 from Kelda during my playtesting (though not on himself).

Old June 29th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
However, if he has 4 wounds in this scenario, he could use MS and come out still having 4 wounds (Kelda rolls 1, he gives himself a wound, boosting her roll to 2, so Kelda heals the wound he gave himself).
Absotively. Or, if you rolled a 5 or a 17 for Kelda, you could come out ahead. It's just the 4 and the 16 that are problematic at 4 wounds. At 5 wounds, you're stuck with whatever you roll no matter what.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:19 AM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

It's not exactly competitive, but something like this would be fun:

220 Minions x2
90 Atlaga
90 Myrddin
400 points/8 hexes

If Myrddin is nearby, Atlaga only needs to roll a 14 or higher to pull off his bolt of witherwood. With a 35% chance of killing anything, I would want to keep expensive heroes far away!
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:41 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Please help me out with this...

Q: If Myrddin has 5 wound markers on his card already, can I choose to put 2 wound markers on his card with Mystic Sacrifice?
A: Yes.

So... If he only has 1 life left he can still use 2 wound markers?

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:44 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post

Q: If Myrddin has 5 wound markers on his card already, can I choose to put 2 wound markers on his card with Mystic Sacrifice?

I do believe that, being a six-life figure, If he has five wounds then he would only have one life left. Therefore, you could place two wound markers on him if he only has one life left.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:27 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
Quote:

I do believe that, being a six-life figure, If he has five wounds then he would only have one life left. Therefore, you could place two wound markers on him if he only has one life left.
That's why there's a FAQ clarification- It's a surreptitious situation. With 1 life left you can indeed add 2 wounds for the purposes of adding 2 to a roll.

Myrddin can indeed have that epic last turn we all wish Alastair could have.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:41 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
Quote:

That's why there's a FAQ clarification- It's a surreptitious situation. With 1 life left you can indeed add 2 wounds for the purposes of adding 2 to a roll.

Myrddin can indeed have that epic last turn we all wish Alastair could have.
Sir Denrick is right.
With only 1 life left, Myrddin can still add 2 to a roll before dying.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs