Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old February 23rd, 2011, 12:33 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Whatever happened to "Don't complain about neg-rep"?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:23 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I edited my post (and would appreciate it if you could edit the quote) because that was offensive (where I find it difficult to believe using SW for Star Wars is offensive), so I do apologize for that.

Anyway, I subscribed to this thread and post in it every now and then not because of rep but because even though I've only played two games of Summoner Wars (thanks, Aldin; Mega I'll play you next weekend I hope!) and I don't own anything (again, yet: I know I will someday - FK and Cloaks are just oozing awesomeness!) I really enjoy previews (from my years as a Magic addict) and discovering new games (as I will with Summoner Wars as soon as I get around to fitting it into the budget).

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 23rd, 2011, 04:08 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I edited my post (and would appreciate it if you could edit the quote) because that was offensive (where I find it difficult to believe using SW for Star Wars is offensive), so I do apologize for that.

Anyway, I subscribed to this thread and post in it every now and then not because of rep but because even though I've only played two games of Summoner Wars (thanks, Aldin; Mega I'll play you next weekend I hope!) and I don't own anything (again, yet: I know I will someday - FK and Cloaks are just oozing awesomeness!) I really enjoy previews (from my years as a Magic addict) and discovering new games (as I will with Summoner Wars as soon as I get around to fitting it into the budget).
If things had worked out Sunday, I had all my Summoner Wars decks with me.

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

My kid got her mojo back again...she beat me TWICE last night, again.

Her win rate against me has to be approching 30:2. Either she's a natural, or I suck. Probably a mixture of the two...

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old February 25th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Got my hands on the re-enforcment packs yesterday... too much fun. The deck-building aspect of the game REALLY brings more strategy to the game. Knowing what faction your opponent is bringing to the table and trying to work in figures that will counter them is just the little nudge this game needed in my game group!

Must say that the tundra Orcs are my favorite faction now - chargers and smashers make for a BRUTAL wave of commons! I really like the thwarters too, though they are a little more susceptible to ranged attacks than I like. And Rukar is hands down my favorite champion, one shotted Prince Elein last night (with a 1 and two 5's) SO DEVASTATING.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old February 25th, 2011, 04:28 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

TOs are all about the Shaman, baby. All about the Shaman.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 25th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
TOs are all about the Shaman, baby. All about the Shaman.
Now see, I'm inclined to agree with you - I think the shaman is one of the best ranged commons in the game. But a few of my friends HATE them and actively ridicule me for even including them in my TO builds anymore (now that I've got the reinforcement packs). I thought I was just an Ice-Orc-Fanboy. Glad to see I'm not as crazy as I thought.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old February 25th, 2011, 04:36 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

2-life, 2-attack with range for 1 magic is sick. As long as you aren't facing a swarm of 1-life commons (like Cave Goblins), Unwieldly Magic isn't a big deal at all. When attacking multi-life commons, champs and summoners, they're insane.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 25th, 2011, 05:13 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

I'm not 100% positive what summoner wars is, but it sounds a lot like Magic the Gathering. What is it exactly?

Slink's story can be found here.
Old February 25th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
I'm not 100% positive what summoner wars is, but it sounds a lot like Magic the Gathering. What is it exactly?
Are you serious? Look at the first page or the header over truth's blog for the link.
Old February 25th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Did you even look at the first post in this thread? The one that tells about the game, even quoting Truth (Colby Dauch ~ the designer of the game)? Did you click on any of the links in that post? The ones linking to the game's official site?

Old February 25th, 2011, 05:30 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Are you serious? Look at the first page or the header over truth's blog for the link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Did you even look at the first post in this thread? The one that tells about the game, even quoting Truth (Colby Dauch ~ the designer of the game)? Did you click on any of the links in that post? The ones linking to the game's official site?
....or you could try responding this way...

Summoner Wars is closer to Herocape than Magic. You use cards instead of figures. Each card has different strengths and weaknesses as you maneuver them around the board in an effort to kill your opponent's main figure, or summoner.

It's really fun!

Check out the first post of this thread with links to the website's page to see more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games