Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 26th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Religion and Age: Unstoppable Forces and Immovable Objects

In my short time here at Heroscapers.com, I have seen several conversation in the General forum regarding a whole host of religious issues. While most of these conversations shy away from overtly religious material (i.e. theology, hermeneutics, etc), most people are willing to share their beliefs with regards to the issue of discussion (homosexuality, politics, environment, etc). However, there have been a few times where a newer member will start a strictly religious thread and things typically get out of hand. I have seen it happen, and been involved in talking a newer member out of starting a thread like this in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz View Post
Also, the Hangout isn't a spambox for bad grammar. Most of us there use better grammar than some of the olduns I've seen out on the main forum, and we have very interesting and educated conversations there. We have a very interesting conversation going right now about theology that hasn't disintegrated into bickering or insults, after 10 pages or so.
I came across this quote in the Forum Conduct thread, and it intrigued me. Is it a fluke, or do our younger members have a better sense of civility with regards to religious discussion then the older members? Are we older members so set in our thinking (immovable objects) that religious conversations (unstoppable forces) cause problems with our refined way of life and revert us back to our instinctual natures?

POINT OF THIS THREAD: Why is there a successful (thus far) thread on Theology in the Hangout, but not (in recent days) in the General forum? Do people become less open-minded as they age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General