Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 5th, 2007, 02:57 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Isn't there someone on this very site that makes custom dice for a pretty good deal (I think like $20 worth of Heroscape stuff for 12 dice)?
Old August 5th, 2007, 03:12 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker
Or better yet use those dice and do it your self but you can put blue X's and Red X's.
Old August 5th, 2007, 03:35 PM

txedomask has disabled reputation
You could always compare a HS die to a standard die and see how the numbers align with the symbols and make a chart of the correlation then commit it to memory instead of getting new dice.
Old August 5th, 2007, 03:44 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Isn't there someone on this very site that makes custom dice for a pretty good deal (I think like $20 worth of Heroscape stuff for 12 dice)?
Sadly, that operation shut down a while ago.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 5th, 2007, 08:53 PM

tsukifu has disabled reputation
Chessex dice will make you custom dice with inset and painted sides featuring whatever design you want. It's about $1.50-$3 per die if you do them like the old red and blue dice (two and three sides per die), depending on qty. I had them make some oversized dice using a design somebody posted way back--30 red attack and 30 blue defense dice cost me about $110 or so. Kind of expensive, but I love 'em. I never use anything else now except the occasional Valkyrie die.

http://www.chessex.com/Dice/Custom_Dice_Home.htm

Anyway...I'm feelin' like pie.
Old August 5th, 2007, 10:37 PM

UtgarsWorstFear is surprisingly tart
Do the old red attack dice and blue defense dice wear like the new white dice? I have never used them but a friend has some and i might jack em from him if they dont wear.

C3G is why I play heroscape.
Old August 5th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtgarsWorstFear
Do the old red attack dice and blue defense dice wear like the new white dice? I have never used them but a friend has some and i might jack em from him if they dont wear.
They wear out, too.
Old August 6th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
And, as has been pointed out before, the wear is more due to skin oils than from friction from the surfaces they're rolled on. If you are in the habit of holding the dice in your hands for long times (or if one of your playing friends does this) that will cause the degradation of the symbols faster than any rolling will. In part that is because the oils stay on the dice even after you're doing playing with them, just quietly eating away at the paint. I suppose we really should wash the dice after finishing a game session and before putting them away.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion