Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old October 15th, 2015, 10:06 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Cobravigon's Custom Creations!

Nice! And the best part is that over at HoSS we hope to have Ewoks completed in the next few months!
Old October 15th, 2015, 11:07 PM

cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby!
Talking Re: Cobravigon's Custom Creations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Nice! And the best part is that over at HoSS we hope to have Ewoks completed in the next few months!
Awesome!

So far I have cut up three 27 hex plates to make the two base levels, and I have one more to cut up tomorrow to finish the base. This would be almost impossible without my dremel tool, so if any of you want to do anything like this, you should definitely invest in a good one!
Tomorrow I will be finishing up the base levels, and start the gluing and filling of gaps. More pics to come.

"Unless my victory proves my superiority it is hollow and temporary."

My Custom Terrain

My Custom G.I.Joe and Cobra units
Old October 17th, 2015, 01:51 PM

cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby!

Alrighty then... So it took five 27 hex plates to cover the two floors of the Ewok Village. I have them in place and glued down. At first I tried a combination of superglue and craft glue, but in the end hot glue from a glue gun won the day. So as it sits now, I have the bases glued down, and the majority of the puttying done (I ran out of putty towards the end). I ground the top of the trees down with my dremel tool so that I can place smaller base plates on top of them in order to provide even more play area, and I filled the top of the biggest tree with Crayola craft foam to give a even area to glue the 7 hex plate down on. Soon I will begin the painting.

The detailed walkthrough has been scrapped simply because cutting the base plates was a pain, and required a lot of trial and error. It was almost impossible to make accurate templates for the cuts, especially around the trees. As you can tell in the pictures, the trees have a lot of putty around them because trying to get the hole the correct size and in the correct spot was nearly impossible.

That being said, the end product right now is totally worth the time and effort for anyone who wants to replicate my work. It is big enough to be a battle map unto itself, but also able to have castle ladders attached to the side for ascension from a ground level map to the treetops. I have plans for suspension bridges from the tops of the trees as well.

My Custom Terrain

Old October 17th, 2015, 02:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Wow man, that is looking pretty cool. Keep us updated with all the progress. I'm looking forward to seeing it once it's all done.
Old October 17th, 2015, 10:51 PM

Last post of the day just to show off the color scheme I have decided upon. A little before and after for you:

I am not sure why everything has a red tint in this photo, and ignore the G.I.Joes on the floor (prepping them for eBay... I have to support the Heroscape obsession somehow).

My Custom Terrain

Old October 18th, 2015, 01:16 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Looking pretty cool, but I have a question about playability. The bottom-right tree seems to be on a different grid from the other two. They seem to join using partial hexes, and the orientation of the hexes changes. How will you count hexes for range? And when you place this on a map, it seems like you'll have trouble connecting your ladders since hexes up in the trees will be split across two or three hexes each on the ground. Maybe it's just a trick of the photography, but I don't see how this is going to work on a Heroscape map.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old October 18th, 2015, 11:30 AM

In order to get the maximum bang for my buck, or to get the thing covered without having to cut up a dozen 27 hex plates, I had to make the lower level and the upper level go different directions. It is only an issue if you make it one because they are not that far off kilter.
I intend to use Grishnok's rules for partial spaces for the upper level edges because most of them are at least half a hex in size. I really wanted the divider wall to still be intact, but in retrospect it would have made counting range and whatnot much simpler had I just left the edges on the hex plates and let them cover the steps/wall. Oh well. I will have to come up with some kind of house rule after playtesting it a few times to see how best to overcome the range issue.
As for the ladders, I haven't glued any of the tree tops down yet, so that is a non issue, and I plan on getting pink foam to carve a custom base for it that interconnects with Heroscape tiles.
Most of what you are bringing up are relatively easy fixes with minor rule alterations, except for the counting range issue. Going from the lower level to the upper level will be considered a climb.
I also like Grishnok's rules regarding falling off buildings, and intend to use it for the village as well. Stay away from the edge or get sent flying.

My Custom Terrain

Last edited by cobravigon; October 18th, 2015 at 01:10 PM.
Old April 25th, 2016, 10:24 PM

It looks like photobucket just killed all of my photos. Groovy.

My Custom Terrain

Old April 26th, 2016, 01:05 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobravigon View Post

I still see a bunch of 'em.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 26th, 2016, 09:04 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobravigon View Post

Looks fine from my side as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 26th, 2016, 07:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Me too, I see a ton of Ewok Village pics on this page.
Old April 27th, 2016, 12:31 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@cobravigon , I had something similar happen with my mediafire account. I started re posting all my pics and the next day on my photobucket and all of them popped up duplicated. I'd just recheck in a day or so. (I see the pics as well)

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles