Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 5th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Initial Testing)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Sports Car

Army Test
Map: Green Lantern (Mogo)
Units: Sports Car @150, Mantis, Zombie, Larfleeze, Alien Drone, Atom (1000) vs Captain America, Bucky, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Iron Man Mk IV (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Mountain Spring
Units: Sports Car @150, Star-Lord, Mantis, Nebula, White Tiger (1000) vs Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: The Sports Car feels okay to me at 150 - it went 2-3 counting the games that I lost my notes for.

Its greatest tactical advantage is probably the protection it offers for its occupants, but the mobility and auto-wounds ain't bad either.

I think further testing should probably focus on ways to leverage figures in the Sports Car being able to use special powers - that was used a little bit in the later games here, but I didn't set up the armies to really try and juice that. Also, more multi-car games and games with squads driving cars would be interesting to see.
Old September 5th, 2018, 05:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great job on the tests!

Any tips on figures that might be good for abusing the car with special powers?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 5th, 2018, 05:30 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Not immediately. I wasn't looking for that when I was initially looking for figures to test the car with. Any thoughts from @dok ?
Old September 5th, 2018, 05:33 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Awesome stuff! Glad to see this moving.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 5th, 2018, 06:23 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Where do I look at the actual designs of the vehicles?

If you are allowed to reveal OMs as usual, can you use "instead of taking a turn" powers while on a vehicle card? Can Nick Fury or Mad Thinker use their bonding powers (which do not have clear sight requirements) from inside the vehicle?

The same questions apply to figures on Kang2's card, as I noted before. But Kang2 is expensive and demands a certain sort of build. The "hide your Joker/Ozy/Silk Spectre/Destiny/bonding hub/etc" strategy works a lot better when you're hiding them in a relatively cheap vehicl, that spits them out when they die, as opposed to an expensive Kang that doesn't.

Basically, I think the biggest competitive use for vehicles will be as a suit of armor for figures that don't currently need to be in the fray.

But that's without seeing the vehicle cards themselves.
Old September 5th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

If you are allowed to reveal OMs as usual, can you use "instead of taking a turn" powers while on a vehicle card? Can Nick Fury or Mad Thinker use their bonding powers (which do not have clear sight requirements) from inside the vehicle?

The same questions apply to figures on Kang2's card, as I noted before. But Kang2 is expensive and demands a certain sort of build. The "hide your Joker/Ozy/Silk Spectre/Destiny/bonding hub/etc" strategy works a lot better when you're hiding them in a relatively cheap vehicl, that spits them out when they die, as opposed to an expensive Kang that doesn't.

Basically, I think the biggest competitive use for vehicles will be as a suit of armor for figures that don't currently need to be in the fray.

Sports Car and Mole Machine (untested as of yet). And the current vehicle rules.

Agreed on the 'car armor' point.

I think unlike Kang (II), vehicles could allow you to use 'instead of taking a turn' powers. I started testing before we flipped that Kang (II) ruling, though, so I wasn't really hitting that at first.
Old September 5th, 2018, 06:31 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:

Sports Car
Mole Machine

We don't have any others yet.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 5th, 2018, 06:43 PM
Symbiotic

We have some flexibility in that we're gonna be updating the Vehicle Rules to make em draftable anyway - if you think it would be worth specifically shutting down special powers for figures in vehicles, in order to keep them from just being Joker Armor or whatever, I think that would be a reasonable tweak to keep their costs from being inflated too much.
Old September 5th, 2018, 06:43 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yeah... this needs to get addressed. When it was just Kang2 and a few opponent's abilities, it didn't really matter from a competitive perspective. But if we allow "instead of taking a turn" powers, or even more general synergy powers (e.g. Destiny Probability Manipulation, Joker(I)/Ozy OM stuff, etc) to be done from inside the vehicle, then it's a very big deal.

I believe the ruling is still that you can't take "instead of taking a turn" powers from Kang's card. See the Nick Fury ruling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Q- Can I put Order Markers on Nick Fury and use his Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. special power to take a turn with a unit on the battlefield while Nick Fury isn't on the battlefield due to not yet being placed by his Helicarrier Drop Team special power?
A- In short, no. While you can legally place Order Markers on Nick Fury's card while he is not on the battlefield, you can't actually take turns with him. And since Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. is "instead" of Nick Fury's turn, it requires that he be able to take that turn for him to be able to give that turn to a different figure.
You can reveal the OM on a non-destroyed off-battlefield figure, but you can't take a turn, is the way I interpret it.

Possible solutions in the next post.
Old September 5th, 2018, 06:51 PM

If we don't want the costs of these things to be driven by the ability to provide armor to support/bonding/passive power figures, then here are my suggestions:
  • Go through the the relevant powers of passive non-LOS support figures like Destiny, and probably Joker(I) and Ozy, and add a "while you control Destiny" to powers like probability manipulation. This sets it such that they can't use the powers unless the figure is physically on the battlefield.

• Change the way OM reveals on figures in vehicles works so that it's clear the figure doesn't take a turn in the normal way. There's a lot of ways to do it, but the gist of it is you need to cut off the ability to use "instead of taking a turn" powers.

Nulling all powers while in vehicles would obviously work, although it might be overkill (I think it's OK for Healing Factor X to work inside a vehicle, for example).
Old September 5th, 2018, 08:45 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Nulling all powers while in vehicles would obviously work, although it might be overkill (I think it's OK for Healing Factor X to work inside a vehicle, for example).
I don't mind healing factors not working in vehicles, if only because it means there's that much less reward for turtling inside them.

(And no special powers really simplifies testing)

Obviously you'd need some kind of carve-out for powers like Lady Blackhawk's that are specifically meant to work inside vehicles, but that's not a ton of language or anything.
Old September 5th, 2018, 09:24 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If figures can't use special powers at all while in vehicles, will that really dull the desire to draft them? Or do you feel they bring enough else to the table?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library