Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 22nd, 2021, 11:53 AM

AsTheRavensFly is surprisingly tart
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You might want a size restriction on Impale, too. Thanks for sharing!
Would you think Small or Medium figures or would you also include Large and just exclude Huge?
Old April 22nd, 2021, 11:56 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Cool design!

One way you could implement your rage power is to have him be able to move any OMs to his card for that round so he definitely gets some turns.
Old April 22nd, 2021, 12:25 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsTheRavensFly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You might want a size restriction on Impale, too. Thanks for sharing!
Would you think Small or Medium figures or would you also include Large and just exclude Huge?
I was thinking small & medium.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 22nd, 2021, 02:30 PM

AsTheRavensFly is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Cool design!

One way you could implement your rage power is to have him be able to move any OMs to his card for that round so he definitely gets some turns.
Ahh nice. I like that. Much like the way Bol's ability works
Old April 25th, 2021, 05:29 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Got some work done with some new people and some solo testing in unexpected spare time ^^ sleep is overrated. Question for submission clarity and theme on the name of my first ability here... it's obviously been called a few things. I think Scent of Blood is very direct and thematic but with the change to exclude non-species heroes and be reliant on Wulflings, is it better as Scent of Blood or as Wulfling Pack Tactics?

WULFLING HUNTERS

GENERAL = ULLAR
PLANET = FEYLUND
SPECIES = WULFLING
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = HUNTERS
PERSONALITY = FEARSOME
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 50

SCENT OF BLOOD / Wulfling Pack Tactics
After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card, if at least 1 Wulfling Hunter inflicted a wound on an enemy figure during this turn, you may take 1 additional turn with a Wulfling Army Card that you control. All figures taking a turn with SCENT OF BLOOD / Wulfing Pack Tactics must be unengaged at the start of their turn.

STEALTHY 3
When an unengaged Wulfling Hunter is attacked with a normal or special attack, add 3 defense dice to the defending Wulfling Hunter.

Last edited by Shiftrex; April 30th, 2021 at 05:05 PM.
Old April 25th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I think it looks pretty good, but it's getting more and more similar to the Beakface Sneaks. Still distinct, imo, but getting close.

Both general Hunter Hero bonding and the dangers no hit zones are avoided here, so that's good. Also, it's no longer called "Howl," so that doesn't thematically clash with Stealthy.

I personally prefer Scent of Blood slightly, with the its similarities to Taste of Blood. But Wulfling Pack Tactics is good too.

Might be better as an Aquilla unit, given Aquilla's love of tribal. Ullar is fine, though.
Old April 25th, 2021, 08:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Could you just make it “any Wulfling Army Card”?

This version is my favorite version so far.
Old April 25th, 2021, 08:46 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Could you just make it “any Wulfling Army Card”?

This version is my favorite version so far.
I think that's very possible. Does that make it so they cant self bond? Or what does that do when referencing common army cards. Just so I have the order of operations correct in my head. Since this shouldnt be a functional change in my mind.
Old April 25th, 2021, 08:55 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I am concerned about how similar this version is to the Beakface Sneaks. There are of course differences, such as the unengaged requirement but being able to get in more attacks and swapping out Evasive for Stealthy, but they would need to play differently on the battlefield to feel unique, especially since the Sneaks stand out as a pretty unique card right now.

Do you have plans for a Wulfling Hero? The inclusion feels less strange with Superfrog's proposed tweak, but limiting it to their species doesn't feel any more thematic than Hunter heroes, especially since it changes them from synergizing with hunters to just anyone from their species. Obviously that has been a common synergy parameter before, and others have concerns about Hunter Hero bonding, but I'm not convinced that this doesn't feel like a compromised middleground. It's a tough balance to strike.

I also still think that it is distracting how the card feels like it wants to be a 4-person squad. It's a bit better with the current set of restrictions (concerns with the Sneak similarity notwithstanding), but it still feels metagame-y to me, especially since it is now the primary focus of the card.
Old April 25th, 2021, 09:06 PM

Hunter Heroes have a place in the minds of some judges that I find unrelateable and unthematic. So I dropped a connection to them. (Himmelskralle is not a predator/devourer because why? Being a voracious eater is a strange thing for a hunter to be, compare to other hunters and draw me some realism lines)

Acting as 4 is metagamey, because it is a fulfilling and desirable game mechanic that is easily justified here. I like it, heroscape is a game first and foremost... if all a unit does is be thematic without being fun, it's just garbage at my table. I think youd have to consciously try to not figure out why things are happening as they are right now because it has several valid interpretations... theme isnt lacking.

Yes, I have 3 already that I play with at home. Leaving the faction open ended is fun, encourages further creativity and hits on theme easily. It feels so weird that you compare them to sneaks, especially when they act more like hide and sneak durgeth.

Only way for you to validate how they feel would be putting them on the board. The unit is fun for me and I think itll be fun for a lot of people, that's the main goal of scape. To be played.

I'm not trying to convince you it isnt a compromise, I'd like have fun with hunter heroes but it isnt a debate. The avenue of engagement that I found fun is not accepted for canon, so I made a refined and tribally focused version that speaks to their primitive and secluded nature.

Last edited by Shiftrex; April 25th, 2021 at 09:39 PM.
Old April 25th, 2021, 10:17 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It looks like the them is being made the servant of the mechanics. Again.

Subjectively, this design is unappealing to me. Scent of Blood is very complicated for its thematic payoff. Stealthy is fine.

I note that the “ambush” theme is gone in favor of a “tracker” theme. I would expect trackers to be using ranged weapons so I preferred the first theme, and there was no clear reason to me to abandon it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 26th, 2021, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Got some work done with some new people and some solo testing in unexpected spare time ^^ sleep is overrated. Question for submission clarity and theme on the name of my first ability here... it's obviously been called a few things. I think Scent of Blood is very direct and thematic but with the change to exclude non-species heroes and be reliant on Wulflings, is it better as Scent of Blood or as Wulfling Pack Tactics?

WULFLING HUNTERS

GENERAL = ULLAR
PLANET = FEYLUND
SPECIES = WULFLING
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = HUNTERS
PERSONALITY = FEARSOME
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 50

SCENT OF BLOOD / Wulfling Pack Tactics
After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card, if the Wulfling Hunters wounded an enemy figure then you may take an additional turn with a Wulfling Army Card that you control. All figures taking a turn with SCENT OF BLOOD / Wulfing Pack Tactics must be unengaged at the start of their turn.

STEALTHY 3
When an unengaged Wulfling Hunter is attacked with a normal or special attack, add 3 defense dice to the defending Wulfling Hunter.
That's what SF's suggested change would be. Looks shorter, which is awesome. 3 sentences on the entire card is pretty tight.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards