Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old August 21st, 2008, 11:20 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Ninjas of the Northern Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of Vydar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxanadu13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Lately, I've had some wonderful success with the Ninjas.
Love the phantom-movement of 6 with the beefy attack.
I get giddy how well the designers capture the essense of these warriors.

Is there ever a reason to take the Kozuke over the Ninja?
Kozuke can travel farther and deliver the heftier punch, but the Ninja are just so slippery!!!
Recently I placed two order markers on the ninja and slipped in through the open door of a castle thanks to "Dissappearing ninja". I then moved in and wrecked havoc. Eventually two of my ninjas moved up the ladder and killed Raelin and two Crav that were perched on top. When I was down to one last ninja I hopped over the edge and landed in a pool of water! Next round that same ninja moved out to grab a defence glyph. UNSTOPPABLE! Next game they failed me horribly...
Correct me if I'm wrong somebody, but the Ninjas cannot move through the castle door at all because it is not a figure but a Destructible Object.
Note the bolded part.
Old August 21st, 2008, 11:32 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I want to try these guys with some reavers soon. If you can get the reavers in there and tie things down, the ninjas may be able to slip past the first line of defense and attack the support units or the big heroes behind.

Man, I'm really on a reaver kick lately. I need to freaking play something else.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 12th, 2008, 10:36 PM

s_l_i_m_e_r Woo who?

if a ninja of the northern wind moves through or around a nakita agent does it suffer engagment strike ?
Old November 12th, 2008, 10:39 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_l_i_m_e_r View Post
if a ninja of the northern wind moves through or around a nakita agent does it suffer engagment strike ?
Yes, they still engage the Nakita Agent so the power is still activated.

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Old November 12th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
If a Ninja enters engagement with a Nakita, he will take the engagement strike. If he ghostwalks through the Nakita... I don't think there's an official answer to that.
Old November 12th, 2008, 11:28 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
Quote:
If a Ninja enters engagement with a Nakita, he will take the engagement strike. If he ghostwalks through the Nakita... I don't think there's an official answer to that.
I don't understand the distinction you're making. Under what circumstances could the Ninja walk through the Nakita without first engaging it? Dropping down onto that space from a ledge above?

Old November 12th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
Quote:
I don't understand the distinction you're making. Under what circumstances could the Ninja walk through the Nakita without first engaging it? Dropping down onto that space from a ledge above?
That would do it all, right, but it can happen on level ground, too. Suppose a ninja starts his turn unengaged. He walks up to a Nakita agent, ghostwalks onto her hex, then onto another hex (also adjacent to her), then walks away and ends unengaged once again. We know he doesn't take any leaving engagement attacks. We also know he takes one engagement strike, the one when he first becomes engaged. The question is, when he's on the Nakita's hex, is he still engaged? If he breaks engagement to ghostwalk through, he'd take a second engagement strike when he comes out the other side. What we need to know is whether he's adjacent to a figure while he's on its hex.
Old November 13th, 2008, 12:24 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

rdhight - I see where you're coming from, and I can't find a passage in the rules that specifically clarifies this. But I can't imagine that the intent of the rules is to say that the space the Nakita itself occupies is somehow not adjacent to the Nakita. In the scenario you described the Ninja would take the first E.S. and then he's in the clear to move away unharmed.

Old November 13th, 2008, 05:31 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

The fact that disengaging is defined as moving away from a figure tells us that if the NotNW occupies the same space as the Nakita Agent they have not disengaged.

Old November 15th, 2008, 05:50 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

So what if a ninja moved down from a space high enough to not be adjacent through the space where the nakita is, and then down to a space low enough not to be adjacent to the nakita? It's never in an adjacent space, so would engagement strike be rolled? From a logical stance, I would say yes.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 15th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
So what if a ninja moved down from a space high enough to not be adjacent through the space where the nakita is, and then down to a space low enough not to be adjacent to the nakita? It's never in an adjacent space, so would engagement strike be rolled? From a logical stance, I would say yes.
Nope - per the rules there was no engagement so there's no engagement strike. On the other hand, if that Ninja doesn't land on water in that second hex they will roll for falling damage!

~Aldin, loving that time of year when the ninjas change color and fall from the trees

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 15th, 2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
That would depend upon what you mean... is the ninja falling past the agent or is he jumping into the space occupied by the agent and then off that space again onto another space (which is what it sounds like you mean)? If you mean the first scenario then Aldin's answer would be correct. But the second scenario is a little harder... I would say that an engagement strike would be rolled then. That makes the most sense to me at least...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units