Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 22nd, 2018, 05:18 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Got some gaming in with @Raider30 , @JUSTchris , and Matthias boss early this weekend.

We played Too Many Bones, Draconis Invasion, Tiny Epic Defenders, Defenders of the Realm, Aventuria, and Love Letter.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 22nd, 2018, 05:51 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Got some gaming in with Raider30, JUSTchris, and Matthias boss early this weekend.

We played Too Many Bones, Draconis Invasion, Tiny Epic Defenders, Defenders of the Realm, Aventuria, and Love Letter.
I got excited when I saw Matthias posting in this thread, then I realized he was just confused.

Sounds like a good session, though. I'm jealous!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 22nd, 2018, 06:26 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Got some gaming in with Raider30, JUSTchris, and Matthias boss early this weekend.

I got excited when I saw Matthias posting in this thread, then I realized he was just confused.

Ah crap, sorry. I did just back Set a Watch though.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 22nd, 2018, 08:07 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

A pal just told me about Mezo (as in Meso-America), a game based on Mayan mythology. While outwardly it resembles games like Rising Sun, its actually quite different. Check it out on BGG in its Videos section!
Old September 22nd, 2018, 08:39 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:

Ah crap, sorry. I did just back Set a Watch though.
I checked it out. It looks perfect for you, based on some of the other games I know you like. I'd consider getting it for myself, but by the time it arrived my daughter will have one foot out of the door toward college, and I don't care to play solo.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 26th, 2018, 02:46 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Horizon: Zero Dawn was a pretty great game with a fantastic world and story, so I'm glad to see that it's being adapted into a miniatures-based game. The game's already well past its funding mark, but in case anyone was unaware but interested (I'm a big fan of the game and I only know about this board game because of GenCon), the Kickstarter pledges seem to have remarkably more value than the retail release will in about two years.

Essentially, it's set in a post-post-apocalyptic world, where humanity has regressed to a more primitive state and lost all knowledge of our civilization, but there were huge robotic animals left behind for an unknown reason. The board game looks to place players in the role of some hunters from different tribes, tracking down machines and working together to take them down whilst also trying to earn the most glory.

Also, there are robotic dinosaurs.
Old September 26th, 2018, 03:11 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Horizon: Zero Dawn was a pretty great game with a fantastic world and story, so I'm glad to see that it's being adapted into a miniatures-based game.
I love Horizon: Zero Dawn! In normal circumstances, I would have jumped on this game, but in all honesty, it doesn't look that good from my perspective. The price point is too high given all the add-on packs and everything, and a two-year delivery date. The largest project I've backed on Kickstarter has been Batman: Gotham City Chronicles, which clocked in around $350 after shipping, which I am fairly confident will have stronger gameplay than this, at least for my tastes. As much as I love HZD, I haven't even received Batman yet (expected in April) and so I couldn't justify the theme bringing it home for me. Hopefully the next big IP I'm interested in will come at a time when I am ready. I heard rumors of a Bloodborne miniatures game, which would make me

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 26th, 2018, 03:28 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Horizon: Zero Dawn was a pretty great game with a fantastic world and story, so I'm glad to see that it's being adapted into a miniatures-based game.
I love Horizon: Zero Dawn! In normal circumstances, I would have jumped on this game, but in all honesty, it doesn't look that good from my perspective. The price point is too high given all the add-on packs and everything, and a two-year delivery date. The largest project I've backed on Kickstarter has been Batman: Gotham City Chronicles, which clocked in around $350 after shipping, which I am fairly confident will have stronger gameplay than this, at least for my tastes. As much as I love HZD, I haven't even received Batman yet (expected in April) and so I couldn't justify the theme bringing it home for me. Hopefully the next big IP I'm interested in will come at a time when I am ready. I heard rumors of a Bloodborne miniatures game, which would make me
Ironically, I'm an even bigger Batman fan and I couldn't bring myself to get Gotham City Chronicles. The game immediately caught my eye at GenCon thanks to an impressive display case, but as soon as we sat down to play, we were bombarded with more rules than we could keep straight for nearly 30 minutes before the presenter decided to just let us play and explain more as we went along.

There were some great ideas in there from the game that we played (I really loved the "river mechanic" for the player controlling the villains, where they would need to activate different units efficiently), but too much of the game seemed like a mess for me to really enjoy it. The board layout, UI design without any explanations, and weird edge cases (things like carry weight only mattering for certain items, some characters having a ranged attack bonus but no ranged attack, etc.) put me off from the game quite a bit, despite the impressive number of miniatures. I was also a little bit concerned that the scenarios didn't seem very replayable because of how they funnel the player into making specific decisions, but to be fair, I only played through most of one of them. I just wasn't confident enough in the game after playing it to feel comfortable with dropping that much money on it, whereas HZD: The Board Game seems to be more approachable for a cheaper, albeit still expensive, price. I hope that you enjoy the game, though!

Where were the rumors of a Bloodborne miniatures game? I'd absolutely love that, but I'd be surprised to learn that they're making a miniatures game after they've already made a card game.
Old September 26th, 2018, 03:38 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Ironically, I'm an even bigger Batman fan and I couldn't bring myself to get Gotham City Chronicles.

Where were the rumors of a Bloodborne miniatures game? I'd absolutely love that, but I'd be surprised to learn that they're making a miniatures game after they've already made a card game.
I did some quick research on Bloodborne just now. Here's a link to Eric Lang announcing Bloodborne: The Board Game on Twitter.

In regards to Batman, I've played (and quite enjoy) Conan, which Batman is a direct improvement of mechanics and system-wise, so I already understand the game mechanisms and have slogged through the horrid Conan rulebook and lots of online research. That's probably a huge factor in my fondness for the game.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 26th, 2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I did some quick research on Bloodborne just now. Here's a link to Eric Lang announcing Bloodborne: The Board Game on Twitter.
Just after I purchase the card game expansion, of course.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to keep this in mind for next year.
Quote:
In regards to Batman, I've played (and quite enjoy) Conan, which Batman is a direct improvement of mechanics and system-wise, so I already understand the game mechanisms and have slogged through the horrid Conan rulebook and lots of online research. That's probably a huge factor in my fondness for the game.
I definitely think that there was some good stuff in the game from when I played it, and my experiences were also at a large convention where I feel like it couldn't be shown off fully. It just didn't match my tastes from what I saw, but if you enjoyed Conan, then you'll probably like it, too. They mentioned the game quite a bit when I was talking to them, even though I had never played it.
Old September 26th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
A pal just told me about Mezo (as in Meso-America), a game based on Mayan mythology. While outwardly it resembles games like Rising Sun, its actually quite different. Check it out on BGG in its Videos section!
Mezo is designed by our old friend @justjohn of Small Box Games. Good designer and always a good guy in the community here.

~Aldin, bumpingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 26th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Mezo is designed by our old friend @justjohn of Small Box Games. Good designer and always a good guy in the community here.

~Aldin, bumpingly
If I were still buying board games, I would be all over this at the $130 pledge level. It's gotten some good reviews from Tom Vasel and Man vs Meeple.

I just don't have the luck with getting my board games to the table that I used to, so I'm basically just sticking with tabletopminiatures games that I can at least enjoy painting and get to the table on occasion.

Besides, I'm sure there will be one or more people in my game group that will back Mezo, so I'll let them spend their money and I'll at least get to try it, before someone brings another new flavor of the month.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games