Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Notices

Old June 26th, 2020, 10:05 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 1 until 7/5

Point Total (500)
Map: Valledon Foretress
Glyphs: Valda and Wannok

Player 1 - Army: Ranjit Singh, Himmelskralle, Marro Warriors, Zetacron, Guilty, Deathreavers x3
Player 2 - Army: Red Ants x5, Raelin, Amberhive Queen, Kaemon Awa

Which units survived?
Ranjit unwounded, Guilty unwounded, 7 Deathreavers, 1 Marro Warrior

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
I won first round initiative, allowing my rats to secure both glyphs and hold them all game. This was a major advantage, and they kept them uncontested while Dysole moved up some ants and set up Raelin center map. I was set up perfectly for a Lion of Punjab for round 2, in combination with Valda giving all my turns +3 move and +1 attack which made them near impossible to play around. 8 move Zeta and 9 move Himmelskralle could pretty much do what they wanted.
An initiative switch let Dysole engage Himmelskralle, but she didn't damage her enough to prevent me from disengaging and bombing the SZ. The drake decimated it, stopping just short of getting a swing on Kaemon all in one OM. Kaemon put an end to her, but the ants were too thinned out at that point to mount much of an offense. Zeta sniped Kaemon later that round, and while most of my main offense was gone (and the queen took out Zeta) my remaining forces ground out a win.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

I used Lion of Punjab in rounds 2 and 3. In round 2, it gave the MW extra dice for some potshots at Raelin, Zetacron an extra attack for a 3/3 skulls to finish her, and Himmelskralle the movement (plus Valda) to zip across the map and kill 4 ants.
In round 3, I disengaged with Himmel to rush Dysole's SZ and clear out every any but one (10 ants killed that turn). My OM 2 was on rats so no boost, and on OM3 Zeta took height and blasted Kaemon with 3/4 skulls to one-shot him.

Diplomatic Subterfuge was used once in round 4, removing OM2 from the ants.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
Ranjit builds seem verrry very strong, though they start to fall off a little once they lose pieces like the elf wizards. I was expecting the MW to be a terror but they didn't do too much here. Himmel and Zetacron dominated, though luck was on my side as well. Himmel always swung with 5 or 6 dice, but in 15 attacks never rolled below 2 skulls (I ended the first Onslaught by retreating, and the second ended by a 2 shields block). Zeta rolled very high as well, and my first initiative advantage did wonders for my target selection as I had Valda all game. Without all that going for me, I'm not sure I would've had the gas to chew through 20 ants.

I am a little worried about making swingy units like Zeta and himmel more swingy, though. I also think Diplomatic Subterfuge is a little weird thematically. In the game, Ranjit used Supterfuge on an ant, then immediately squashed it, which kind of undercuts the theme. Feels like he shouldn't be able to attack the figure he uses subterfuge on.
Old June 26th, 2020, 10:59 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Map: Valledon Fortress
Glyphs: Valda, Wannok

Player 1 - Army: * Motley Bunch: Marro Stingers x3, Nakita Agents, Motley Max, Izumi Samurai

Player 2 - Army:* Nilfheim to the Max: Greenscale Warriors x3, Nilfheim, Motley Max

Which units survived?

Player 2 Motley Max (two lives left)

Sheesh...... that battle was intense. The izumai moved out first, disrupting the Nilfheim climb for center height. They claimed the movement glyph which allowed for fast-stinger movement for the rest of the game.

The stingers soon went in and gave their all to bring down Niflheim, but failed..... even with a couple of successful stinger drains.

Finally the stingers and nakita were all gone, leaving 4-5 dead green scales and a nilfheim with 5 wounds. In addition, the Player 2 Motley Max received 2 wounds from wannok.

Eventually, my Motley moved in and went nuts..... he killed greenscale after greenscale using chain grab (even grabbing a greenscale off of wannok one time)

Nilfheim was distracted by killing the last izumai on the glyph, giving my Motley some freedom.

Finally, at the start of a round, my Motley took a LE hit and killed Nilfheim. After a two wound hit from a remaining greenscale, he went for the wounded player 2 Max. The brawl was epic. almost two rounds of wailing on each other. We both should've died much sooner, but they just kept going. After killing the last greenscale with wannok, the player 2 Max finally placed the killing blow ending the game.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Engagement - Even though he never used it, the threat factor for the greenscales was huge

Chain grab - One of my favorite abilities EVER. I used it every round without a failed roll and it was extremly useful. It gave flexibility and added a new dynamic of thinking.

Max is one of those heroes I would draft just because..... he's incredibly fun to play, hits hard, and has a LOT to contribute to aggressive builds. I'm excited to give him another run. MVP of my army.

H E R O S C A P E
Old June 26th, 2020, 11:05 PM

Cuzmo_of_Gilead is surprisingly tart

Point Total (500)
Map: Valledonn Fortress
Glyphs: Wannok and Valda

Cuzmo_of_Gilead: Nilfheim, 3x Greenscale Warriors, and Motley Max
Scaperedude: 3x Marro Stingers, Nakita Agents, Izumi Samurai, and Motley Max

Which units survived?
Cuzmo's Motley Max with 4 wounds

General Battle Report
A very close match in the end, a Max vs Max showdown during the last part of round 7 and into round 8 of the match. I had the first four initiatives and was able to use Nilfheim to take out most of the stingers, but also after taking a good amount of wounds. Nikita agents moved in after the stingers and were also able to put some wounds on Nilfheim. I had to engage with the agents to take them out, as Scaperedude spread them out nicely. At this point, Nilfheim was hanging on with 1 wound left for a few turns. Scaperedude's Max started taking out more of my Greenscales and eventually Nilfheim on round 6. Max continued to use chain grab and take out my Greenscales, until I had one left and my own Max. In round 7, I had Max with 2 wounds and 1 Greenscale vs Scaperedude's Max with 3 wounds. I lost my last Greenscale to Wannok and then it was Max vs Max. Round 8 was crazy where the Max's survived each other's attacks until my Max was able to put a final wound on Scaperedude's Max to win. Could have easily gone the other way during this final round.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play
I did not get to use Max's ability because when I started to use him, all the small figures of my opponent were gone. But Scaperedude was able to use Max's chain grab on at least 3 Greenscales. It was very effective on these melee units, and because of this ability it kept Scaperedude in the match and almost got him the victory.

Additional Comments
I wished I had brought Max into the game earlier, but with Nilfheim low on health, I went with him to try and take out as many units as possible, and then I would use Max to finish up the game as needed. Overall it was a great game and an incredibly close finish.
Old June 27th, 2020, 02:06 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Signups until 6/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
The capsocrates v. Captain Stupendous pool of armies is:
* : B-11 Resistance Fighters, Brute Gruts, Axentia, Rygarn, Kursus
* : Children of the Dark Star x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Agga-Zemir, Guilty McCreech
* Ranjit's Rowdy Crew: Ranjit Singh, Krav Maga Agents, Arktos, Varkanaan Swiftfangs, Zettian Guards, Isamu
* A Painful Exspearience: 12th Cacusus Rifles x3, Cathar Spearmen x2, Motley Max, Guilty McCreech
Captain Stupendous chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, capsocrates chooses who places first.
This game will go down at 1830MT/2030ET this Thursday
Valledon Fortress
caps
B-11 Resistance Fighters, Brute Gruts, Axentia, Rygarn, Kursus
vs
CaptainStupendous
12th Cacusus Rifles x3, Cathar Spearmen x2, Motley Max, Guilty McCreech

Round-by-round
Spoiler Alert!

Stats
Spoiler Alert!

Which units survived?
CaptainStupendous won with 1xRifle and Guilty McCreech

General Battle Report/Flow of game
I spent my first OM rolling out Brute Gruts, which was probably a mistake. Meanwhile Cathars were rolling out to meet the onslaught of Axentia. She killed a pair of them with her normal attack and then by the time she died she was engaged with just one Rifle. The Cathars did not engage her after Phoenix Rising so she flew over to hammer on Motley Max. She had some dud rolls but after 5 or 6 OMs she managed to kill him right before the Cathars and Rifles finished her off.
The rest of the game was the rest of my army trying to finish off the rest of his. I made some poor decisions with my B-11s and they ultimately had less impact than I would have liked. But with 1 life left Rygarn hit his one and only successful Temporal Jump to move onto the road, which he then used on his turn to get out of the reach of the remaining Cathar while still being able to attack them. He ended up single-handedly finishing off the Cathar, but then whiffed against a Gas Grenade.

CaptainStupendous never held any of the glyphs (when they would have mattered) and never got a Braced Spear roll
I never held Wannok and only held Valda briefly; I also never got Immolation to hit, except once against Axentia

How useful were the playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
Axentia: Only got one Immolation roll and it was against herself, but she drew a lot of attention, killed 2xCathar with her normal attack, 1xRifle with her death, and then killed Motley Max with her normal attack. Despite her bad luck, she managed to "take her points" (~135 Motley Max + 37 2xCathars + 30 1xRifle = 202 points)
Motley Max: Never got an OM, but he drew Axentia's attention. 0 points taken

Any additional comments
I enjoyed the game, and Axentia, although I would have liked her to pull off some Immolation rolls.
I won't repeat the battle report and turn-by-turn summary that Caps provided, but here's my comments on Max and Axentia.

How useful were the playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
Motley Max sadly never even saw an order marker this game. However, he did occupy Axentia after she resurrected, ultimately taking five turns worth of attacks from her before he went down. If he had survived, I think he would have been invaluable to me in the endgame, making it much easier to deal with the B-11s and Rygarn. However, that's all a question of "what would have been?"

Axentia seems very powerful for her points. With an effective 14 life and 3 defense, she's easily the second most-difficult to kill figure in the game, right behind Charos. And when thinking about her survivability, you also need to consider the defensive advantage gained from the fact that she isn't reborn until the end of the turn. When I killed her the first time, I had three Cathars that were in position to attack her. After I killed her with the first Cathar, my attacks with the other two were wasted.

I think its also important to note that even with some terrible attack rolls and abysmal Immolation rolls, Axentia still managed to deal damage to my army in excess of her points (~135 Motley Max + 37 2xCathars + 30 1xRifle = 202 points). Out of what I believe were five Immolation rolls against my figures, she failed to make any of them. The only successful Immolation roll she made was against herself. It also took her five turns to kill Max, which on average should have taken her four turns. Finally, I got very lucky on the timing of when I killed her the first time, successfully leaving engagement with one of my Cathar to kill her and only losing one Caucasus Rifle in the process. Yet despite all this, she still earned more than her points in terms of damage dealt to my army. In terms of value, I think she's somewhat comparable to Braxas. They both have Flying with the same Move, Range, Attack and Defense stats, and they both excel against expensive squad figures. Acid Breath is definitely better overall than Immolation; however Axentia has effectively 6 more life and costs 30 less points. To me, the tradeoff of Acid Breath for Immolation doesn't justify the extra 6 Life for a cheaper point cost.

I'm also curious to see how she'd do in an army with Thorgrim. I know that suicidal Thorgrim plays are typically not worth it, but with one more defense she'd have a multiplied Life and Defense value of 56, which is frankly insane.

Overall this was a very fun game with an insanely tense finish. With a little better luck I think Caps could have easily taken it. Along with Axentia's lackluster Immolation rolls, he also whiffed against three Gas Grenade Special Attacks if I remember correctly, which finished off a B-11, a Brute Grut, and killed Rygarn for the win.
Old June 27th, 2020, 04:59 PM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Signups until 6/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
I'm also curious to see how she'd do in an army with Thorgrim. I know that suicidal Thorgrim plays are typically not worth it, but with one more defense she'd have a multiplied Life and Defense value of 56, which is frankly insane.
I had the same question, my third army actually featured Thorgrim + Axentia (+some knights to bond with Thorgrim), because in theory that does seem quite strong.

EDIT: Actually I just noticed that Sir Heroscape brought this exact army. Probably why mine was dropped :P

Last edited by Knight of Scape; July 2nd, 2020 at 03:55 PM.
Old June 30th, 2020, 10:05 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Reminder to get games in this week. Please let me know if you and your opponent have not scheduled and/or had contact by Wednesday July 1

Old July 1st, 2020, 04:24 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
The lefton4ya v. Dompredator77 pool of armies is:
* Hunting Party: Mohican River Tribe x4, Mawka Tribesman x1, Himmelskralle, Raelin (RotV)
* Pesky Swarm: Amberhive Protectors x2, Red Ants of Aunstrom x3, Amberhive Queen, Zetacron, Raelin (SotM)
* The new Goblins?: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Rygarn, Koggo
* ENGAGEMENT STRIKERS: Cathar Spearmen x1, Nakita Agents, Greater Ice Elemental x1, Motley Max, Siiv
Dompredator77 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, lefton4ya chooses who places first.
@lefton4ya will play is Hunting Party against @DomPredator77 and his ENGAGEMENT STRIKERS @ Thursday @ 5:30PM EST/3:30PM MST.

Also, it doesn't say, but I am assuming standard start zones (no heat or chaos of the battle?) - so generally placement order does not matter that much, correct?

Also, do we grab the figures images from https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...4BUuQfgx0/edit
Old July 1st, 2020, 04:41 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

Also, it doesn't say, but I am assuming standard start zones (no heat or chaos of the battle?) - so generally placement order does not matter that much, correct?

Also, do we grab the figures images from https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...4BUuQfgx0/edit
Yes to both, kinda. The link you provided is for the playtest figures. I did just pull in all of your figures though.
Old July 1st, 2020, 10:02 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Battle Report I

Better late than never!

Point Total: 500
Map: Valledonn’s Fortress
Glyphs: Valda; Wannok

KoS: Teeth of the Makwa x5, Makwa Tribesman x1, Raelin (RotV), Kira Jax
SoA: Children of the Dark Star x4, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors, Black Wyrmling x2

Which units survived?
At the opening of the final round, I gambled and placed all Order Markers on the remaining Marro Warrior. KoS won initiative, and killed the Warrior, leaving me with a Black Wyrmling and 1 Child of the Dark Star to face 6 Teeth of the Makwa, Kira Jax (unwounded), and the Makwa Tribesman (unwounded). We called that good enough.

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!
Old July 1st, 2020, 10:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Vegie and I should be doing our game friday afternoon/evening.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 01:32 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Kinseth and I are starting our game soon.

Kinseth has Goblin slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Heirloom while I have
Ranjit Singh, B-11 Resistance Corps, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents, Marro Warriors.

Will update this post with thoughts on all playtested units.

EDIT AFTER GAME:

500 Points
Valledonn Fortress with Valda and Wannok

Kinseth- Goblin slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Heirloom
mtl1998- Ranjit Singh, B-11 Resistance Corps, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents, Marro Warriors

Which units survived?
6 Goblin Slashers and Heirloom (full life)

Battle Report:
Spoiler Alert!

Powers:
Spoiler Alert!

Other thoughts:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by mtl1998; July 2nd, 2020 at 03:52 PM. Reason: battle report
Old July 2nd, 2020, 03:12 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Goblins overran the Combined forces of Vahalla(Rajint), release the hounds!!!!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting