Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old February 12th, 2022, 01:40 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Index of C3G Maps & Scenarios

I like Team Up
Old February 12th, 2022, 01:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It does fit the World's Finest theme well and would certainly be a draw due to the extra turn efficiency.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 12th, 2022, 02:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

While some re-classification (and/or updates) is a good idea here, I would not agree with the idea we need a massive overhaul. Some maps do indeed present more challenges than others, that is what makes them fun and interesting. It doesn't make them noncompetitive, it actually forces players to be more competitive in order to still find ways to come out on top.

The reality here for us is that we've always had a very different meta game than classic Heroscape and our competitive maps reflect that reality. The other hard truth is that not every army is competitive, some are just good for casual fun games. Don't show up to a gun fight with a knife and complain about being at a disadvantaged. Hide, ambush, blitz, distract, sacrifice your queen, and find a way to win anyways. That is what makes a champion.
Old February 12th, 2022, 04:04 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The older competitive classification specifically ignored non-flying figures that could not climb ladders. Do we want to change that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 12th, 2022, 05:45 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Possibly? They'd certainly help ground pounders somewhat. We'd need to test it to know for sure.

Whatever glyph was on Grundy's would have to be worth leaving cover to go after.
I tend to gravitate toward the orbital laser one. It always gives the feeling of worth it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 12th, 2022, 05:45 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Possibly? They'd certainly help ground pounders somewhat. We'd need to test it to know for sure.

Whatever glyph was on Grundy's would have to be worth leaving cover to go after.
I tend to gravitate toward the orbital laser one. It always gives the feeling of worth it.
Yeah, that's what I use for X Marks The Spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 12th, 2022, 08:30 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:

Thematically I prefer a DC glyph for Grundy’s, though.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 12th, 2022, 09:50 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thematically I prefer a DC glyph for Grundy’s, though.
yeah it's too bad Orbital Lasers aren't used in the DC Universe :P

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 13th, 2022, 09:12 AM

I also kind of think it's a bummer if we only have one glyph we're comfortable using as a balancer. Sounds like Orbital Laser is already a go-to on X Marks the Spot, and I love its use on Sokovian Aftermath (which I realize still needs work to hit competitive muster).

I guess given Yodaking's comments, we might have to discuss and agree upon what standards for "competitive" should be? How many double based figures really have no answer to maps with height that's only accessible through ladders? Most one-army Event Hero types still have range or ranged special powers to do something in these situations. I suppose dinosaurs take a pretty hard hit as a competitive army?

Old February 13th, 2022, 09:32 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yep, some of those maps at the Con are an auto loss against ranged flyers for Dinos but honestly that is.pretty realistic but should be factored into their cost if that is the way it is going to be.
Old February 13th, 2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Yep, some of those maps at the Con are an auto loss against ranged flyers for Dinos but honestly that is.pretty realistic but should be factored into their cost if that is the way it is going to be.
Arguably it is for the Cursed Earth T-Rexes. Try running them in the calculator sometime.

Old February 13th, 2022, 09:47 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Any symmetrical map can be competitive if we're not worried about some armies being strictly better than others. I view competitive maps as trying to even out the playing field. Some maps having a slight preference for certain figures (like Mountain Spring) personally doesn't bother me as long as it's not completely exploitable like Sauron's Eyrie appears to be. I think our competitive map pool should open army building up as much as possible. Sure, armies will have map preferences but we should try and avoid scenarios where the winner is decided by the map choice.

That said, I don't think it's worth only chasing after maps that are overly friendly to 3+ spaced figures - those guys should have their movement difficulties built into their cost. But being friendly to double spaced figures seems easy enough. We've sidestepped that issue so far in the competitive formats just because ladders and TTS don't mix.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios