Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 5th, 2022, 11:22 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G TTS Super League! - Season Two Schedule POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstang View Post
We need better conference names though.
Agreed! Was hoping to discuss this. First pass at something from me would be like:

INDEPENDENT CONFERENCE

DARKHORSE DIVISION
IMAGE DIVISION

AMALGAM CONFERENCE

DC DIVISION
MARVEL DIVISION

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 5th, 2022, 01:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What's the point of having divisions if the division winners don't get a playoff spot?

I propose division winner and top record after that one from each conference. That way it's lined up fairly for the scheduling. If one conference is more balanced and the other conference beats up on the struggling teams the possibly better teams with harder competition don't lose out.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 5th, 2022, 01:15 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
What's the point of having divisions if the division winners don't get a playoff spot?
Top six records will get in, so there's a good chance that all the division winners will make it more often than not. We can make it division winners and then top non-division winning record from each conference if folks prefer.

I was trying not to put *too* much weight on divisions (they obviously influence the schedule a ton as is).

If we did it that way, would probably want to do the playoffs based on conferences with the two conference winners meeting in the Championship.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 5th, 2022, 01:18 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Agreed! Was hoping to discuss this. First pass at something from me would be like:

INDEPENDENT CONFERENCE

DARKHORSE DIVISION
IMAGE DIVISION

AMALGAM CONFERENCE

DC DIVISION
MARVEL DIVISION
I love this personally

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 5th, 2022, 01:19 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Top six records will get in, so there's a good chance that all the division winners will make it more often than not. We can make it division winners and then top non-division winning record from each conference if folks prefer.

I was trying not to put *too* much weight on divisions (they obviously influence the schedule a ton as is).

If we did it that way, would probably want to do the playoffs based on conferences with the two conference winners meeting in the Championship.
YES. since the schedule isn't balanced with everyone playing everyone this is precisely what you need to do.

Since nearly half of your schedule 4/9 is division and 7/9 is conference opponents it's not a good idea to do top 6 openly.

This allows for easy management of the following seasons.

Old February 5th, 2022, 01:21 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:

INDEPENDENT CONFERENCE

DARKHORSE DIVISION
IMAGE DIVISION

AMALGAM CONFERENCE

DC DIVISION
MARVEL DIVISION

Wait is LV playing if so then one of those divisions needs to be Valiant

Old February 5th, 2022, 01:22 PM

LV is not

Old February 5th, 2022, 01:33 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Those names work for me. Top 6 making the playoffs is fair.
Old February 5th, 2022, 01:59 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea, I was thinking like japes. Winner of each division plus top remaining of each Conference make it to the play offs.
Old February 5th, 2022, 03:47 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Shrug

Divisions always annoy me since it's very easy for someone to be helped or hurt solely by what division they're in which they have no control over. But I'm also a mathy person so that's that. I'm also not playing so it's not like I will be affected but yeah I know that this argument of mine convinced at least one fantasy league I'm in to abandon divisions entirely.

~Dysole, who understands the logic of it from a professional sports perspective
Old February 5th, 2022, 03:55 PM

Fwiw in this case people did have control over it in that it’s based on their competitive rankings.

Old February 5th, 2022, 07:15 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Probably Talking Past Each Other

Quote:
Fwiw in this case people did have control over it in that it’s based on their competitive rankings.
That would work if divisions realigned after updates to rankings but I know that's what is not being proposed here.

~Dysole, not wanting to sidetrack too much

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy