Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 20th, 2007, 11:58 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Kelda the Kyrie Warrior

The Book of Kelda the Kyrie Warrior
Malliddon's Prophecy - Collection 1 - "Heroes of Bleakwoode"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Found near death by Jandar, Kelda was nursed back to health by the Valkyrie and his followers. Upon her recovery, Kelda gratefully pledged her support to Jandar and his army in their battle for Valhalla. She has become one of Jandar's most fearless, loyal and useful warriors. Drinking from a Wellspring gives the merciful Kelda the power of healing, which she uses to cure the battle wounds of nearby allies. (Hasbro)
    No, Kelda cannot heal herself. (Hasbro FAQ)

- HEALING TOUCH : Opponent’s Wounded Figures
    Can Kelda use her healing touch on an opponent’s wounded Hero figure in an attempt to roll a 1 and inflict damage?
    Yes, but that is a risky maneuver. If you roll higher than a 1, you would be bound by what is written on the card.
    You would then have to remove wound markers from your opponent’s wounded Hero figure. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - ATLAGA - Kyrie Leadership - As a Kyrie, Kelda the Kyrie Warrior adds one to her Move due to Kyrie Leadership.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Rankings

Jexik: Kelda the Kyrie Warrior- Taking out a turn to not attack can prove costly, and Kelda’s stats aren’t up to par with other kyrie heros. But with Fen Hydrae (sp) or Q9, there's a reason to take along the "gas can." B-

OEAO: B-

Cleon: Tier 5 (111/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B

Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by superfrog; March 20th, 2019 at 12:29 AM. Reason: vc added
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:32 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Kelda cannot be thrown by Jotun....a quirky little bonus power.
Old May 6th, 2007, 06:21 PM

Sirius has disabled reputation
C? C for Kelda??
Yeah right! Her healing powers are amazingly useful, I hate her when I play against her. On a small map at least, she's a must-draft.
Old May 6th, 2007, 06:57 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Why is Kelda blue? The other Jandarite Kyries aren't. This has always puzzled me.
Old May 6th, 2007, 07:37 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Probably has something to do with Taelord being red and that they are packaged together... besides... what's wrong with blue?
Old May 7th, 2007, 10:28 AM

ezekiel has disabled reputation
for 80 points her 3 defence and 2 attack hardly seem worth it but she flies and she can heal even the nastiest of wounds with a roll or two.she works well if your playing general theme armies and when you mix and match generals she has so many possabilities.

deadly combo for 500 points kelda&saylin keep way out of battle
kelda=80 fly charos and raelin into battle
saylin=80 bring the tarns up the rear for back up
charos=210 keep raelin out of the fray and the tarns
raelin=80 to protect raelin while you sommon
tarnV.warriors=50 charose to heal then send him back to
totaling at=500 war fully healed and mad if enemy comes to kill kelda or raelin use charos to stop there advance or sommon support

naboota itchy nub nub- Chewbacca hoo ha

In memoriam of Deannie-April 17, 2007
Old May 7th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
But why take her over Raelin? The healing ONLY works on heroes with multiple wound capacity. For the sama amount of points you could field Raelin.

Trust me, I love the idea of Saylind yo-yo ing figures back to your rear element for repair and all, but again points versus effect rules out Kelda in many builds...and the idea of fielding both Raelin and Kelda (the other option) is near insanity...

ALTHOUGH,

Can you picture:

Saylind 80
Raelin 80
Kelda 80
Me-Burq-Sa 50
Braxas 210

Saylind, Raelin, Kelda and Me-Bur-Sa go nowhere while Braxas goes out and eats as much as possible. When the wounds start getting too much, you Saylind her back to the rear and then start healing while Me_Burq-Sa provides cover (MBS can also be healed!!!) Raelin ensures that the combo stays in place in the face of attack and Kelda can help keep Raelin standing...

Interesting...

Could swap out Charos even up for Braxas depending on the scenario and could swap out Braxas and MBS for Shotgun Sullivan and Nilfheim (SS has more life).

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old May 7th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Exactly my point...the only way you would filed Kelda is if Raelin is already on the board...otherwise you would be a moron not to spend the points on Raelin.

160 points on support units is usually daft...may be so in this case as well...240 points is border line lunacy, but with Braxas and MeBurqSa as hitters with a VERY insulated engine, this should work fine.

I doubt there are too many other instances where Kelda is a good choice.

And I AM a lunatic...

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old May 8th, 2007, 03:38 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius
C? C for Kelda??
Yeah right! Her healing powers are amazingly useful, I hate her when I play against her. On a small map at least, she's a must-draft.
Really? On a small map I never draft her...the turn she takes to heal me could be the turn my opponent closes the distance to kill me.

I only use her on large maps, where I can heal safe from harm. I do pair her with Saylind fairly often, but again, only on large maps....and only when I have a couple of high-life, heavy hitting heroes worth keeping alive.
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:15 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
I only find Kelda useful in supporting units with 7 or more life: Valguard, Krug, Jotun, Braxas, and Charos. If you only have one of these units then Kelda is wasted if the unit dies before you can heal them. If I draft two of these units into an army then Kelda is my next draft.

Old October 5th, 2007, 06:12 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
A thought popped into my head after reading Kelda's unit strategy. With the release of the vampires, its just odd that she can heal the undead. Now everybody who has played an rpg should know that is weird. Maybe you could house rule it that when you try to heal a vampire that wording is opposite. Instead of taking away wounds, you add them. The roll of 1 which would normally inflict damage would either heal or do nothing.

Just found that weird is all.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old October 5th, 2007, 06:15 PM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
can Kelda heal the Fortress Door? just curious.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units