Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 8th, 2019, 08:13 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I like that thematically, but I don’t see any logical basis for it rules-wise. Normally when a figure gets hit, they drop the Glyph they’re holding. So I think it makes sense for him to drop all 3 when wounded. That would be my interpretation of it sticking as close as possible to the current rules at least.
Ah, yes, you are correct, that makes the most sense.
Old January 9th, 2020, 04:11 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If Thanos were to be destroyed via knockback damage into another figure, and invokes Rewritten Death, would the other figure still take the wound? I think yes.

And I know this is not the right thread, but Spider-Sense does not activate due to Knockback damage, because it is not an attack, correct?
Old January 9th, 2020, 04:35 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
If Thanos were to be destroyed via knockback damage into another figure, and invokes Rewritten Death, would the other figure still take the wound? I think yes.

And I know this is not the right thread, but Spider-Sense does not activate due to Knockback damage, because it is not an attack, correct?
1) Yes - the wounds are received simultaneously.
2) No, he does not, because it is not an attack -you are correct.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 9th, 2020, 04:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Depends on the order that wounds are given out. If Thanos' Rewritten Death occurs before the other figure takes a wound, then the round is ended before the other figure would take the wound, I think.

Quote:
Spider-Sense specifically triggers (or doesn't, if you don't hit it) on attacks, not anything else.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; January 10th, 2020 at 10:26 AM.
Old January 10th, 2020, 06:35 AM
Casing the Corners

Seems like there might be a debate?

Also, I've been playing against myself, Infinity Quest Thanos vs Captain America, Avengers IM, Spidey, and Hulk on the Sanctum City Piers Map. Perhaps it's the map, or I'm limited in my creativity on play styles, maybe a combination, but I've found that it takes much more effort to win with Thanos against this team, despite his points advantage.

In order to win with Thanos, I have to use thrown battlements to avoid Spidey Sense and Cap's auto-shield, and the space stone to avoid Hulk's rage. What's been very cool is the realization that I should play him to character, more driven by his Infinity Quest than defeating each opponent.

I don't remember the thread, but there was a character where more play testing was suggested, including the voice of someone who claimed to have "helped create one of the most broken units in c3g, and wanted to avoid that happening in the future." (not an actual quote, just the gist)

I'm just dipping into c3g, is there any sort of known Q9 situation in C3G, where certain units are top tier, or when combined in certain teams, maybe against certain opponents?

I'm sure that's unavoidable, where certain groups are specialized against certain unit/s (ex: my Avengers team vs Masters of Evil), but I think you'll all know what I'm asking.
Old January 10th, 2020, 08:23 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

There was. C3G has gone through a lengthy grueling reevaluation process and has addressed the major issues. We are still chipping away at more minor issues.
Punisher is currently being worked on.

High point figures like Thanos are difficult to nail down concisely as balance can start to break down once you go over 1000 -1200 points.
Thanos had plenty of testing as is outlined in this thread. Some armies are going to be stronger against certain matchups for sure but there should always be a chance for victory.
Old January 10th, 2020, 09:42 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
In order to win with Thanos, I have to use thrown battlements to avoid Spidey Sense and Cap's auto-shield, and the space stone to avoid Hulk's rage. What's been very cool is the realization that I should play him to character, more driven by his Infinity Quest than defeating each opponent.
This is absolutely true, as is the fact that doing your best to get stronger Stones first is crucial. Time and Reality are two of the most important ones early on for fending the opponent off and giving yourself space to collect.. Space is vital for collecting more Stones and not being locked down. Power is great, particularly once you've got Time, for dishing out major damage, but not the highest priority. Soul is okay, and might be better if you get it earlier, but at the same time doesn't feel valuable enough to go for too early - treat it as the occassional boost instead of something vital. Mind is the worst Stone by far - might be nice when paired with Reality so you know what OM you're shifting, but only if the OM viewing triggers, which it might not. Only worth collecting Mind if you're going for the Snap, which is absolutely worth going for, but still, lowest priority Stone by a landslide - now we know why he went for Vision last.

Also, (in that matchup, I'd likely not bother too much going for Peter until I've got the Stones - his 50% chance of Not Feeling So Good when you Snap is better odds for you than trying to claw through him when you could be hitting easier targets and collecting Stones). If he survives the Snap? It's like any other big heavy hitter fighting Spidey - keep hitting, hope he fails to dodge eventually, because when he does, he's going splat. Cap's auto-shield shouldn't be a massive deal to claw through when you're smacking him with attacks of 8 with the Power Stone, potentially two of those in one turn if you also have Time. Hulk... yeah, a fully enraged Hulk can pummel anyone into the dirt. Avoid conflict until you've got some Stones on you, then play smart - you don't want to power him up when you're not prepared.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 10th, 2020, 10:23 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

There are definitely some A+ units (Star-Lord, Captain America, and Ozymandias come to mind), but nothing is overpowered to the point of "brokenness." The fact is we have over 900 unique cards, so perfect balance is night impossible, but we do what we can! And if any cards are showing to be too powerful (Especially in a combo we didn't consider or test), we try to retroactively fix it. Hasn't happened often though! The vast majority of any sort of balance issues would be underpowered units, which are obviously not a high priority to fix, since they don't hurt anything.

Plus any balance against a huge event hero like this guy kind of goes out the window! Battles like this are goofy and fun and aren't meant to be tournament-competitive.
Old January 10th, 2020, 12:17 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

C3G Power Rankings

They’re a little out of date, but a good way to quickly get an idea of where a unit sits in the metagame. Although a bunch of units in the A+/A category have now been re-evaluated (slightly modified) to be less powerful. Aaron Cash, Bizarro, Crow, Enchantress, Indigo-1, Jocasta, Red Skull, Sage, Commander Rogers, and Mad Thinker have all been nerfed, for example.
Old January 10th, 2020, 02:26 PM
Casing the Corners

Wow, I love this community, thanks for all the concise answers!

Yes, when playing by myself, I've determined that the space stone was the most valuable, to Thanos. Because the opponent/s choose the first glyphs of inifinty, I usually place that one on the map in order to prevent him from beginning the match with it equipped, and hope Avengers initiative allows me to collect and protect it. After that, if Avengers win initiative again, they're putting out the mind and then soul gem, if Thanos wins initiative, he's putting out the reality and then power.

But I do have to ask again, as far as my knockback/rewritten death question, is the answer:

1) Yes - the wounds are received simultaneously.

or

Depends on the order that wounds are given out. If Thanos' Rewritten Death occurs before the other figure takes a wound, then the round is ended before the other figure would take the wound, I think.
Old January 10th, 2020, 02:29 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I never use the knockback rules so can't really help you there.

But this is a 10-year passion project, so we love seeing people interested
Old January 10th, 2020, 02:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's probably #1. I definitely wouldn't defer to my expertise. Maybe someone who feels like looking through the knockback rules can be the tie breaker, though?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library