Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old February 1st, 2011, 05:45 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker
Re: Indiana Jones and the Wizards of the Coast

Feedback?

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old February 1st, 2011, 06:55 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior View Post
Feedback?
Well, if each chapter is equally awesome, there's not much left to say!

However, these do seem to keep on better, and it's really interesting to see how this is going.

(And for some reason I didn't do this before, but now, suscribed.)
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:28 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

CHAPTER 9

It was four days later. The group had gone back to the local hospital and dropped Aldin off to be healed while they continued. He had been in good spirits about their departure. “When you get the Flagbearer,” Aldin had said, grinning, “bring it back here and let me see it.”

“Can do,” Indy had said. He’d tipped his fedora as they left and chuckled when he heard Aldin say, “Well, good luck. ~Aldin, optimistically.”

Indy, Truth and Onacara rented another jeep and purchased more weapons; Onacara had selected a bolt-action rifle, Truth had a submachine gun similar to Aldin’s, and Indy took several pistols. “Although, all I’ll ever need is this,” he said, motioning at his whip.

They had been tracking the Wizards of the Coast from a distance now, catching up only ten miles from the site where they had defeated the Bot. Each night they shifted watch, and one night, when it was Onacara’s turn, Indy was woken from sleep in his hammock by a hand shaking his shoulder. “Wake up, Indy!” it hissed.

“Wha..? That you, Onacara?” Indy mumbled.

“No, it’s Bunjee!” was the reply, and Indy knew it was indeed Onacara. “Get up here and look!” Onacara said, pulling Indy up. He handed the archaeologist a pair of binoculars and went to wake Truth.

As Indy peered into the binoculars with sleepy eyes into the misty morning light at the camp, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. Inattentive guards dozing at their posts, and the quiet trilling of animals in the trees above. He turned back to Onacara. “What?”

Onacara impatiently store over, his rifle slung over his shoulder, and pointed to the right. Adkison was standing there with another man, dressed in black with a white undershirt visible under his unbuttoned trench coat. “Who do you suppose that is?” Onacara said. Indy looked back at Onacara, dead serious. “I was trying to secure the last of the Volcarren Wasteland sets in a small toy shop in Germany,” he said. “That man stopped me, demanded the toy, and left. He was wearing a Wizards of the Coast shirt. I can’t see it now because of that coat.”

Truth popped up behind them. Rubbing sleep from his eyes, he muttered, “It’s only four… I was supposed to sleep a bit longer…” He yawned. Onacara smacked him and gave him the binoculars, pointing. Indy told Truth what he had told Onacara about the German man dressed in black.

“They’re moving now,” Truth said. Indy checked again; Adkison had dismissed the German and had begun ordering the packing of the camp. Men scrambled about, packing things up. Dogs trotted at leashes by guards securing the perimeter for a safety sweep before they left. Within a half hour, they had loaded up into trucks. Even the tall fence rolled up with some difficulty. In a rumble of dust down the dirt road, the Wizards of the Coast disappeared.

Truth looked at the map on a table within the Heroscaper camp. “They’re headed southeast now,” he said. “But they’ve been headed north this entire time. Why –”

“The German must have told them something,” Indy said. He started walking to the car. “Let’s go.”

“All in good time, my friend,” Onacara said. “Truth and I have something to finish.” The pair walked into Onacara’s tent. Indy followed them and groaned when he saw a game of Heroscape out. “We have time,” Onacara said, “and besides, this is only a 300-point army!”

Indy groaned and rolled his eyes. “Fine,” he said. “Finish up while I get packing. We leave in half an hour.”

That is the next Chapter! Do you think the Wizards of the Coast has finally found Aquilla's Flagbearer? Keep reading to find ut!

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:30 PM

Next Chapter is up!

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:33 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Very fun. I'm liking this story. When will the Reinforcements Arrive?
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:53 PM

Corzan is surprisingly tart

Yes, I gotta say, this is the funniest story I've read on this site, maybe any site. it's +rep time!!

EDIT: awwwwwwwww:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Deadliest Warrior again.

Kinda (sorta) taking a break from HSers. Check out Toraili, a group effort by me and I Hate Atlaga.

And if there's one thread I'll still post in, it's the Minecraft thread, here.
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:55 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

My group always plays 300 points and I hate it but it's only because 5/6 of our time is spent rule layering :groan:

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:00 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

There's always time for Heroscape!!
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:21 PM

Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys! I'm overwhelmed!

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old February 2nd, 2011, 03:52 PM

CHAPTER 10

The Heroscapers drove down the dusty road slowly after the Wizards of the Coast, keeping well out of sight. As Indy drove, Onacara grumbled in the back seat about losing to Truth (“Braxas rolled a 5 on that last roll, not an 8!”) in their Heroscape game. Truth only grinned and ignored Onacara. He looked at the map again.

“The Wizards are going southeast in the most direct route,” Truth told Indy. “If we take a detour about five miles ahead, we can cut across westward and beat them there by several days, if we hurry.” Indy nodded. “I have a few shovels and digging equipment in the back,” Truth continued. “Once we get there, if we work hard enough, we might be able to get Aquilla’s Flagbearer and leave before the Wizards arrive.”

“Don’t be so optimistic, kid,” Indy chuckled. “Every time I tried to beat my competition to an artifact, there’s always a tight escape.”

“Ah, you’re just a crotchety old coot,” Truth said. “Eh, Onacara?”

“It was clearly a five you rolled!” Onacara groaned. “The next turn, my Axegrinder would have demolished your Braxas!” Truth chuckled.

Several hours later, Indy pulled the jeep over by a roadside stand. A small Asian man stood guard in front of a road blocker, holding an outdated rifle. Onacara whispered something about “Ashigaru” and “1 Defense” and he and Truth snickered. The man aimed his rifle warily at the newcomers and said something harshly in his native language. Indy responded (Onacara and Truth exchanged looks) and the man nodded and let them pass. He watched Onacara and Truth suspiciously but returned to his post.

“What was that?” Truth said.

“Well clearly –” Onacara began sarcastically, but Indy interrupted, “I know Vietnamese. We can get fuel, possibly food, and then we can get going.”

The group walked into the closest building, a small restaurant of sorts. Outside, another jeep pulled up, bearing the Wizards of the Coast symbol. Two men got out, one dressed in black. The guard interrogated them angrily, brandishing his rifle menacingly. One calmly reached into his pocket and gave the guard identification papers. The guard squinted down at them but couldn’t read the English and pointed back at the jeep.

The other man reached into his black trench coat, pulled out a pistol, and fired at the guard several times. The man was dead before he hit the ground. Someone shouted out and other men with weapons rushed out. Gunfire shattered the calm like a hammer to a glass statue.

In the diner, the Heroscapers scrambled to the window, aiming with their guns. “Hey! It’s the guy who we saw at the Wizards camp!” Indy said. “They’ve been following us!” The gunfire ended just as quickly with the guards lying splayed out on the floor. The two men calmly looked about the courtyard and approached the diner when Indy, Truth, and Onacara jumped into the doorway and fired rapidly. The man in black dove to the side, but his partner was riddled through and dropped face down on the ground.

The man in black said loudly, “Ah, Dr. Jones! We meet yet again!” His German accent was a dart piercing the air. Indy shouted, “I don’t know who you are or what you want but I do not have what you are looking for!” He fired his gun at the German man, who rolled over to the side, closer to the door. Indy fired at point blank, but the gun just made a click sound – the gun had run out of ammunition.

The German man had not fired a single shot at Indy, but now he pulled out his pistol and aimed it at Truth’s head. “I know how important he is to you all,” he drawled. “Put down your guns – now, and he lives.” Onacara snarled but threw his gun to the ground. Indy did the same. Behind them, they heard the Vietnamese waiter whimpering with fear behind the counter.

“That better,” the German said with a mock smile. A twitch of a sneer played upon his lips. He stooped down, grabbed the guns, and said, “Now, Dr. Jones, let’s talk of this over a drink.”

Who is this mysterious German man? Stay tuned to find out!

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old February 3rd, 2011, 06:47 AM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Don't forget that the Axegrinders also have Anti-Acid Spray Armor.

This really is a fascinating work.
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:02 PM

CHAPTER 11

The German man’s small, fat fingers curled around the stem of the wine glass he held. He leaned back in the barstool and sipped nonchalantly, keeping one hand with the pistol lazily pointed at Truth. “Dr. Jones, you and I are not so different,” he drawled, grinning insincerely. “We both seek treasure and both seek adventure!”

Indy scowled at the man. “Who are you anyway?” he asked.

The man looked at Indy over the rim of the glass with wide blue eyes. “But Dr. Jones,” he said. “You should know me.” He held up the palm of his hand. Burned in the palm forever was a swirling circular pattern.

“The Staff of the Headpiece of Ra,” the man said simply. Indy’s eyes widened in disbelief. “1936 in Nepal.”

“No!” Indy shouted. “No! You died along with everyone else when you opened the Ark!”

“Not I, Dr. Jones,” the man said. “That was an impersonator. I knew what would happen when those fools would open it. But I, Major Toht, lived.”

Indy gasped. “No… No!”

“Now I am with the Wizards of the Coast,” Toht continued. “These people treat me more fairly than any of my Gestapo seniors would have.”

Onacara snickered. “You were a Gestapo?” he sniggered. Toht’s eyes flashed dangerously and he looked down at Onacara. The distraction was all the time Indy needed. He snapped out his whip and snagged the German’s arm. Toht cried out and dropped the wine glass, which fell to the floor in a small shatter of tinkering glass, sparkling in the dim light. Onacara scrambled to pick up his pistol and placed it on the sputtering German’s forehead.

“Drop the gun, sweetheart, and your sob story won’t have to end here,” hissed Onacara mockingly. Toht whimpered and he gun skittered from his hands to the floor as he lay submissively in the broken glass and wine he had dropped.

Truth kicked him in the gut. “Watch who you’re pointing guns at next time!”

Indy said, “That’s enough,” He strode over to Toht and grabbed the German’s collar in a tight fist. “You tell me where Adkison is headed and you get to keep your pretty little head on your shoulders.” Toht choked on his own breathing and pointed a trembling hand out to the west. “That’s more like it.” Indy threw him back onto the floor. Truth kicked him again. “Alright, Truth, leave the idiot alone,” Indy said sarcastically. “We have an artifact to save.”

The group ran out to their jeep, leaving in their wake several dead guards and a terrified Major Toht lying in his own mess.

Does anyone remember which movie Major Toht
was from?

Anyway, that's the next Chapter! I love feedback! So please let me know what you think! Next Chapter is coming soon!

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction