Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 01:30 AM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation
Websites with good Heroscape deals

I only started Heroscape last Christmas, so I missed some expansions and such when they just hit shelves. All I have are some ****-poor local Wal*Marts around where I live.

Anyway, do any of you know any really good sites where I get get some older sets (particularly Waves 1, 3, 4 & 7) fairly cheap. eBay has most of the stuff I'm looking for but with a $6 price tag on shipping, not to mention having to wade through all of the customs people make and sell (no offence to anyone).

"Thought he, life is wicked in all meridians. I'll die a pagan."
Old August 3rd, 2007, 01:43 AM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
http://www.housemousegames.com/

The only site you'll need.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:30 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
http://www.housemousegames.com/

The only site you'll need.
If he was complaining about a $6 shipping cost from eBay, I don't think pointing him towards HMG is the right thing to do...

that's not even mentioning that all the sets are way more expensive there too.

Your best bet is hasbrotoyshop.com. They don't have Wave 3 or Wave 7 yet (consequently, neither do I), but hopefully they will soon.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 07:26 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Yeah, I've had good experiences ordering from Hasbrotoyshop.com. Quick shipping and they've had slashed prices on Wave 5 and a couple of other expansions for a while now. Check KB Toys every now and again for sales and such as well.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:00 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
We've ordered from Housemouse a couple of times. The key is to combine orders with others to get enough for the free shipping. You don't have a location listed, so I don't know where you are, but you might try locating other scapers in your area.

We have also ordered from Hasbro Toyshop with good results -- watch for promos and sales.

Avoid Toys R Us on-line -- I have had nothing but problems with them and will not order from them again.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:47 AM

HeroscapeLunatic has disabled reputation
I've ordered from the following with absolutely no problems:

HasbroToyShop
ToysRUs
BoardGames.com

Haven't received my shipment of Wave 7 & 3 Heroes so no report yet.

I don't anticipate any problems since I live in AZ.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:21 AM

jsilvrs is surprisingly tart
Amazon will sometimes have deals. Got Wave 5 for about $4 each last month.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
If you are ordering cases and in amounts larger than $150 you absolutely cannot beat House Mouse Games. Do the math...

On the surface:

4 booster packs (the size of any given wave) costs me $49.95 from HMG.

4 booster packs cost $42.95 after tax at my local Walmart.

4 booster packs cost $43.26 after tax at my local Target.

4 booster packs cost $56.25 after tax at my local TRU or online from Hasbro's toy shop.

The reality...

It takes me two gallons of gas to make one round trip to my closest Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us. In terms of time it takes me an hour and a half to drive to all three and go check the HeroScape section. The gas is easily quantifiable at about $6. My time...well I won't tell you how much my job pays me per hour, but if I was going to do something in my off time for pay you'd have to offer me well over $20 per hour. Traveling to multiple stores to find scattered boosters is not my idea of fun. When I was in high school and college (the heyday of my toy collecting days) I would spend every day I had off doing nothing but combing stores to find rare stuff. Now I have a full time job, a wife, kids, bills, etc. I don't have time to visit every Walmart every day when a new wave starts to show up. Doing so would cost me hundreds of dollars and frankly there are better things to do than stalk the toy aisles. And when I factor in that I buy 5 of each booster that means it could take me years to find all of that just sitting on a shelf. To this day I still haven't seen five sets of Wave 4 or 6 on store shelves, much less Wave 7.

So ordering online is the way to go for me. Hasbro offers cheaper shipping on one booster pack than House Mouse, but there is more to that than meets the eye. HMG's packages are always meticulously packed. There is no shoddy box with a booster thrown into it. You will always get an undamaged blister pack properly packed and promptly shipped. You are immediately notified when it is ordered and shipped and you can track it. Hasbro Toy Shop....not so much. I have on occasion ordered a booster here or there from them and I can say that my experience was acceptable, but not satisfying. The orders take longer to ship. They aren't packed properly. You have no idea when it ships or where it is. And if something goes wrong good luck getting customer service to help you. To top it all off if you order $150+ at HMG the shipping is FREE. Free is good. The cost of shipping on a $150+ order at Hasbro is $15.

Overall it is too cost effective for me to shop at HMG to even consider another source. Sandra consistently works her bottom off to make sure that her customers are well taken care of and happy. No one else is going to do that for me. Heck she also supports this community and many of our tournaments. What's not to love?

Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:11 AM

lord kaige has disabled reputation
Wow, I never knew hasbro toys had such good deals on heroscape. Wohoo! Rttff for 20 bucks...TT for 13 bucks.

Please, correct me on any spelling or grammar errors because I always need help with them.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:24 PM

KalisLord is surprisingly tart
House Mouse Games The Reality:

3 Guards and Monks
3 Kilts and Commandos
3 Gorillas and Hounds
1 Heroes of Nostralund

Cost = $151.50

Hasbro Toy Shop The Reality:

Same thing

Cost = $136.44 including shipping

Since Wave 3 seems to be the most expensive wave House Mouse Games is selling I will show you how much the average expansion price needs to be in order to warrant buying through House Mouse Games and getting the free shipping. Let's do some Algebra.

A $150 from Hasbro Toy Shop is worth 10.42 expansion packs found by using the following formula:

$12.95*Number of Expansion Packs + $15 = $150

If one buys $150 worth of House Mouse Games and is getting exactly the same number of expansions as they would with Hasbro Toy Shop the average price of the expansions needs to be less than or equal to $14.40 in order to at least get an equivalent deal to what Hasbro Toy Shop sells. This is entirely possible in many instances but due to House Mouse Games' wide range of prices is not guaranteed. As you buy more goods from House Mouse Games over the minimum of $150 for free shipping that price will go down, because the free shipping becomes worth. The math for this is as follows:

10.42 Packs * House Mouse Games Price = $150

The conclusion of this analysis between House Mouse Games and Hasbro Toy shop is that in some instances House Mouse Games is the better of the two options, but you need to carefully analyze the price differential before choosing this option. As markwars has pointed out there are other reasons for going with House Mouse Games such as better quality on delivery as well as House Mouse Games' funding for tournaments. However from a shear monetary outlook Hasbro Toy Shop will be the better option most of the time since you can order more cheaply in smaller than $150 amounts as well as profiting more in even larger orders .

"Dethklok has summoned a troll.

That's impossible there is no such thing as trolls.

Then how do you explain the dead unicorns..."
Old August 3rd, 2007, 02:10 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The only thing that I would add to my point is that I buy cases of waves. I am not going to leave the hero packs behind to save a few bucks. Typically I just bring my extras to tournaments as prize fodder.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 02:13 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
Amozon.com has masters for 35 usd.

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion