Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old August 5th, 2014, 05:22 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Holocron of AT-ST

Is the vocabulary of "counting spaces for levels" the same that the rulebook uses? I'm not sure that it is and it reads kinda funny for me, but maybe that's just me.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 5th, 2014, 01:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

This is where we are at now:

BIPEDAL WALKER
When moving up levels of terrain to move onto a space with the AT-ST, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after that. An AT-ST may not move up more than 6 levels in one move, does not have to stop its movement when entering water spaces, ignores Heavy Snow, may move through small and medium figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks from small or medium figures, and never makes leaving engagement attacks.

Tia-Pan, you can take that question over to the Doc Ock thread as that wording was the compromise that was agreed to over there. We are just trying to keep our wording consistent with theirs since that is where the inspiration came from.
Old August 5th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

The wording for the SA should be updated too if it hasn't already.
Old August 16th, 2014, 02:45 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm not seeing the need for the SA change. All attacks require LOS unless specified and nothing in the power suggest LOS is not needed. So if target 1 moves such that LOS is blocked, you can attack target 2 and if target 2 also moved after the first attack roll such that LOS is blocked, then your turn ends. Selecting your two potential targets before rolling the first attack dice just prevents you from selecting a random second target should both of them disappear on you.
Except the power doesn't say "select two potential targets". It specifically tells you to target the figures. This implies all the standard procedures for targeting. Their no implication anywhere else in the power that you need to target again. Many other special attacks ignore targeting rules using "also affected" language or the like. At best it's ambiguous whether you need to target a second time here.

After further reflection, I don't really like imitating the Othkurik language here. Seems kind of like a theme break. So I'd suggest:
DOUBLE CANNON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.
When this AT-ST attacks with its Double Cannon Special Attack, it may target and attack non-adjacent figures while engaged, but may not attack adjacent figures. Before attacking, you may choose a second figure to attack that is adjacent to the first targeted figure. Roll each attack separately. If you do not choose a second figure you may attack the targeted figure a second time.
The problem I have with this wording is:

I choose 2-life Princess Leia and a lowly Rebel Trooper adjacent to her. With the current wording, I can attack Leia, and if I don't kill her, attack her again. With the above wording, I can't do that because I chose a second figure.

And if the goal is to be clear on if the AT-ST can target Luke or Luke's getaway partner with the second attack (if they are out of range), I don't think this is clear either. And what if I only chose Isamu and he vanishes, moving out of the range, can I attack him again?
Old August 18th, 2014, 03:31 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

I don't see why this special attack is not like many others using the words "after using this SA you may use it one additional time", instead of the wordy/confusing explanations of adjacent targets etc.

I realize thematically that the targets are close together, but putting this into practice for the game seems to have been challenging in terms of wording and clarity.
Old August 18th, 2014, 06:38 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebaer View Post
I don't see why this special attack is not like many others using the words "after using this SA you may use it one additional time", instead of the wordy/confusing explanations of adjacent targets etc.

I realize thematically that the targets are close together, but putting this into practice for the game seems to have been challenging in terms of wording and clarity.
Perhaps:

Quote:
Range 5. Attack 4.
When this AT-ST attacks with its Double Cannon Special Attack, it may target and attack non-adjacent figures while engaged, but may not attack adjacent figures. After attacking with Double Cannon Special Attack, this AT-ST may attack one additional time as long as it attacks the same figure or a figure adjacent to [the previously targeted] OR [that] figure.
That's the best I can do while keeping the same logic from the original.
Old August 31st, 2014, 12:41 PM

@Yodaking , Synergies should have Mitten's Scout Leadership.
Old August 31st, 2014, 02:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Updated with Mittens and Brave Arrow Scout synergy.
Old August 31st, 2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Updated with Mittens and Brave Arrow Scout synergy.
Good call! Thanks!
Old February 4th, 2015, 02:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Started thinking about the SA here lately as I modeled my Roadblocks M60 SA on it and I started his initial PT this week. In C3G, their are a lot of figures that can move after being attacked which means the uncertainty about how that is handled is more pronounced than in HoSS/Classic. This is the solution to the problem I came up with, let me know what you all think.

Range 5. Attack 4.
Choose up to two non-adjacent figures that are adjacent to each other to target. While engaged, this AT-ST may attack non-adjacent figures with Double Cannon Special Attack. When using Double Cannon Special Attack, you may attack one additional time. This AT-ST may attack either targeted figure with each attack. Resolve both attacks before any figures are moved as a result of this attack.

This prevents situations where a figure moves into engagement with the AT-ST, moves out of LOS, or moves out of range of the AT-ST after the first attack and before the second one.
Old February 4th, 2015, 02:45 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well...

Quote:
Started thinking about the SA here lately as I modeled my Roadblocks M60 SA on it and I started his initial PT this week. In C3G, their are a lot of figures that can move after being attacked which means the uncertainty about how that is handled is more pronounced than in HoSS/Classic. This is the solution to the problem I came up with, let me know what you all think.

Range 5. Attack 4.
Choose up to two non-adjacent figures that are adjacent to each other to target. While engaged, this AT-ST may attack non-adjacent figures with Double Cannon Special Attack. When using Double Cannon Special Attack, you may attack one additional time. This AT-ST may attack either targeted figure with each attack. Resolve both attacks before any figures are moved as a result of this attack.

This prevents situations where a figure moves into engagement with the AT-ST, moves out of LOS, or moves out of range of the AT-ST after the first attack and before the second one.
C3G is not intended to be compatible with Classic Scape. I presume HoSS is (although I have my doubts about whether that is a realistic goal). Are there any Classic Scape/HoSS figures this would affect?

~Dysole, scurrying away
Old February 4th, 2015, 02:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Maybe the Goblins? I have not played with them very much or recently. I know the Rats don't move on a SA. The Marvel Set Spidey & Venom technically may fall into the Classic fold in some peoples minds and they would be effected. I'm not up to date with what C3V is doing but many people like to mix C3V/Classic/HoSS. Mostly just need to head off the issue should HoSS ever design a character that moves after being attacked.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape