Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Notices

Old April 6th, 2012, 09:03 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Auggies Games…announcing “5 Minute Scape” UPDATED on 4/4

Sky is cool, but I dunno if I would buy it., but I am sure some people will. I really do like that your "Dungoen" pattern triples as shadow and asphault.

As for your next pattern, I think Volacano and ice are cool and I am sure many people who cannot get the TT & VW sets (ore only have 1 set) will appreciate them. Rock, swamp, and sand are nice for the aesthetics, but grass is the same in-game wise. I will recommend again that you produce road next, as although it may not be in high demand, I think it is the best mat to use as a base layer to get games played faster and funner. The C3G people might like if you recreated Cav's Cityscape mat.

I looked again at the pic on the OP and saw that the full 3x5 mat is a full 20*40 (800 hexes) and you can cut it to be 20*15 = 300 hexes (3" x 1.875") & 20*24 = 480 hexes (3" x 3.125"). If you do a map contest, tell people to use Cav's lexan support files for grass and water mats, and the Dungeon BMP for your dungon mat. I may compile all the graphics for one VirtualScape download, but not till next weekend.

As for your 1x1 idea, I like it in principle, just don't know how it would work practically. If you could somehow cut the borders on actual hex borders so they can fit snug together, that would be ideal. If not, then when you make a map, you would have to put a layer of real hexes on top to cover all the seams, and that can be kinda hard when building a map. Also, I think this is a great idea to market to Battletech and other hex-based mini games besides heroscape, so I hope you can make some money besides us scpaers. I am sure you have also looked at making 1x1 square mats for all the DDM, StarWars, and most other mini games.

All these suggestions are from someone who has been using lexan maps for awhile, so take them as they are.

Last edited by lefton4ya; April 6th, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old April 6th, 2012, 09:50 AM

puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby!

I'd be likely to pick up a sky if you made some.

Most mats I'd buy would be larger, but a lava one might be one that would appeal in a 1' x 1' size.
Old April 6th, 2012, 09:58 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd be game for a sky mat! It'd be really fun with a mod I'm working on. Floating islands are always fun!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old April 6th, 2012, 10:17 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Is there a way to print them Double sided? Would it be any cheaper? That way you could sell like a Dungeon/Lava mats, Sky/Tundra Grass/Water etc...

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Last edited by boromir96; April 6th, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old April 6th, 2012, 10:51 AM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

I have to echo lefton4ya's suggestion for a road map. That would be my first choice for a 0 level mat to build on. Fast, fun games with lots of 0 level road really fits in with your 5 minute Scape model.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old April 7th, 2012, 12:35 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I converted my newest map using a shadow lexan mat to Auggie's new dungeon/shadow mat. I really like the idea of a base layer of shadow, as it helps melee or slow figures in general. I attempted to be roughly unbiased for melee & range, 4/5/6 move, double-spaced, & flying units. 2 Versions - one with Cav's Lexan mat and another with Auggie's new dungeon/shadow map.
Mountain Over the Shadow - 1 BftU Master Set 3 & 1 Lexan/Vinyl shadow mat (11x15 & 20x15 hexes), 2 random Treasure & 2 random Power glyphs

Old April 7th, 2012, 01:31 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Auggie,

how many hex tiles can be lined up on your mats before the hexes start becoming noticeably non-aligned (by that, I mean 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 off-center)? Just wondering.
Old April 7th, 2012, 06:04 PM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Hi Auggie,
Any chance of a City Blocks mat? I know the Dungeon one would work well but I'd like one with sidewalks, white lines for crosswalks, that sort of thing. I had two from Cavalier that I lost and still kick myself whenever building urban terrain. I'd probably buy a pretty big one.
I do like the other ideas for terrain types listed earlier and love the idea of 5-Minute Scape. I'd definitely consider getting the prefab hills and such that were mentioned earlier.
Thanks,
CK

rolls one less defense die against figures who like him.
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:33 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Hi Auggie,

I ordered one of each mat along with a couple of figures. Your little HS add-ons are helping to keep my addiction to this game alive as I have pretty much everything else I may want. Thank you and keep it comin'!

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:54 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
Hi Auggie,

I ordered one of each mat along with a couple of figures. Your little HS add-ons are helping to keep my addiction to this game alive as I have pretty much everything else I may want. Thank you and keep it comin'!
Cool, keep checking, we've got some neat stuff in the pipe. We've just got the molds made from a unique sculpt made for a squad of fire elemental types now we're playing with the resin to make them clear with fire. Assuming we can get this to work we'll soon be following with a squad of each, water, air then Earth.

.....Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:46 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

I just ordered the custom plants. Looking forward to adding them to my collection. I am super stoked about your terrain offerings. Was tempted by the volcano and would be tempted by the mushrooms if they weren't such bright colours. Went witht the plants this time and I'm very excited to see what else you come up with in the area of custom Scape terrain.
Awesome! Thanks.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:19 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
Hi Auggie,

Cool, keep checking, we've got some neat stuff in the pipe. We've just got the molds made from a unique sculpt made for a squad of fire elemental types now we're playing with the resin to make them clear with fire. Assuming we can get this to work we'll soon be following with a squad of each, water, air then Earth.

.....Andrew
Ooh! This little piece of info excites me! I can't wait to see these, should they work out!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales