Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 11th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
Another vote for foamcore. Lightweight, and strong enough - if not, glue two sheets together. MDF would be too heavy to be worth lugging around. Even 1/4" tempered hardboard is much heavier than foamcore would be; and no where near as flat! (provided you buy foamcore that's flat to begin with)

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 12th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I use two sheets of presentation foamboard, very light yet very workable.
Old January 12th, 2008, 09:31 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Stiff cardboard is the solution to everything except: "Why is WotC taking over Heroscape?"

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old January 12th, 2008, 10:20 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Luan works well, I also use some plywood 32" x 36" panel ... I don't find it to heavy but the 1/8" or so luan is much lighter. Here is a photo that shows some of the panels. I find 32" wide is good for getting thru doors and 36" long will handle most touney maps.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:15 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Holy smokes that cool!
Old January 12th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
I use two sheets of presentation foamboard, very light yet very workable.
I also use foamboard for my MOP Trays. But first take a close look at what you are about to purchase and make sure it isn't warped.
Elmers also has a better foamboard product (won't warp) called Mightycore.

Although this stuff looks interesting...
http://www.tricelcorp.com/gen_home.html
I wonder how a Tricel Honeycomb board of the same thickness would compare to Mightycore in price, weight and strength...

Last edited by GaryLASQ; March 27th, 2022 at 03:09 PM.
Old January 12th, 2008, 12:18 PM

Bach has disabled reputation
It's the "Kit" of heroscape...

Bach is Marcus... and has been paralyzed by the minions of Ne-gok-sa in the SIENNA CAVE...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion