Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 6th, 2022, 12:19 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
I specifically wanted Aldorn to be usable without the Visages. He's best with them, but you can play him without them just fine.
I don't think there's any point to designing to that. If Master Aldorn has Summon Visages, then people won't take him without them. Even if he's good at 90pts, there are lots of other things that are good at 90pts to draft that aren't missing a power.
Iskra, who is an obvious comparison here, plays just fine without the Retchets, especially in C3V with the Skeletons of Annellintia. There are lots of units that are better for 50 points, especially if you don't have the Retchets, or Skeletons. Aldorn is very similar here. He is best with the Visages, and a solid option with the Specters, but he doesn't need both, and (as with all heros designed for their synergy) he's probably not worth taking without at least 1 of them.
I have never seen Iskra used without Rechets or Skeletons. Yes, she works fine, but there are always other options.
Old October 6th, 2022, 12:27 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I specifically wanted Aldorn to be usable without the Visages. He's best with them, but you can play him without them just fine.
I don't think there's any point to designing to that. If Master Aldorn has Summon Visages, then people won't take him without them. Even if he's good at 90pts, there are lots of other things that are good at 90pts to draft that aren't missing a power.
Iskra, who is an obvious comparison here, plays just fine without the Retchets, especially in C3V with the Skeletons of Annellintia. There are lots of units that are better for 50 points, especially if you don't have the Retchets, or Skeletons. Aldorn is very similar here. He is best with the Visages, and a solid option with the Specters, but he doesn't need both, and (as with all heros designed for their synergy) he's probably not worth taking without at least 1 of them.
I have never seen Iskra used without Rechets or Skeletons. Yes, she works fine, but there are always other options.
Yes, exactly. She is always used with 1 or the other, but she's still a fine design. Aldorn will always be used with either the Visages, or the Specters, similar to Iskra. With 1 option their army is probably more consistent, but they have a useless power, with the other, they are a shock force, that has a high potential, but can fall easily. I don't see the problem.
Old October 6th, 2022, 01:09 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, exactly. She is always used with 1 or the other, but she's still a fine design. Aldorn will always be used with either the Visages, or the Specters, similar to Iskra. With 1 option their army is probably more consistent, but they have a useless power, with the other, they are a shock force, that has a high potential, but can fall easily. I don't see the problem.
It's not a problem, just don't let it become one. In your adjustments don't hurt the design to achieve that goal.
Old October 6th, 2022, 01:22 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's not a problem, just don't let it become one. In your adjustments don't hurt the design to achieve that goal.
Do you mean that I'm hurting the design of the Visages by adding the cost onto them, instead of splitting it across both cards? The Visages aren't even comparatively good filler at 10 points without Aldorn. You'd obviously still get more out of Isamu, but even Bol, or Otonashi are better in 90% of scenarios. Adding a clause that they can't even exist on the board without Aldorn, as you suggested, would stop anyone from trying, but is that really necessary?
Old October 6th, 2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Do you mean that I'm hurting the design of the Visages by adding the cost onto them, instead of splitting it across both cards? The Visages aren't even comparatively good filler at 10 points without Aldorn. You'd obviously still get more out of Isamu, but even Bol, or Otonashi are better in 90% of scenarios. Adding a clause that they can't even exist on the board without Aldorn, as you suggested, would stop anyone from trying, but is that really necessary?
It's not necessary to prevent them from being drafted solo, no, and I would prefer not to have any unnecessary language. I'm not saying anything is wrong, I'm just giving a general warning about the temptation to corrupt designs for things that don't matter.
Old October 6th, 2022, 07:36 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Unrelated to the discussion with Scytale but @Leaf_It does this mean my Lady of Aldorn mini won't be seeing the light of day?
Old October 6th, 2022, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Unrelated to the discussion with Scytale but @Leaf_It does this mean my Lady of Aldorn mini won't be seeing the light of day?
No it does not. I simply was planning to submit them together. She has not changed much since she was last posted in here, so I saw no reason to post her again. Her changes have been simple stats adjusted for testing purposes, and nothing more. The figure even has good availability still.
Old October 6th, 2022, 08:30 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think the Specters need a leader at all or even want one, but let's see.
By intention, even if this design passes. they still don't need him. He helps, but not significantly. The synergy was intended to be soft.
Quote:
Don't combine Levitation and Phantom Walk. I'd much rather have two powers if there's the space, and there should be plenty.
Generally 4 powers is frowned upon, but if you think it's fine, I'll leave them separated.
Four powers is frowned upon because 90% of the time it's a red flag that the unit has not been refined down to its best version. But if four powers are right for the design, then it's right. Either way, mashing powers together doesn't "fix" it.

Quote:
It's worth noting that Incorporeal is a penalty, not a power. So I agree that 4 "powers" here wouldn't be a problem since it's really 3 powers and a penalty.
Old October 6th, 2022, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think the Specters need a leader at all or even want one, but let's see.
By intention, even if this design passes. they still don't need him. He helps, but not significantly. The synergy was intended to be soft.
Quote:
Don't combine Levitation and Phantom Walk. I'd much rather have two powers if there's the space, and there should be plenty.
Generally 4 powers is frowned upon, but if you think it's fine, I'll leave them separated.
Four powers is frowned upon because 90% of the time it's a red flag that the unit has not been refined down to its best version. But if four powers are right for the design, then it's right. Either way, mashing powers together doesn't "fix" it.

Quote:
It's worth noting that Incorporeal is a penalty, not a power. So I agree that 4 "powers" here wouldn't be a problem since it's really 3 powers and a penalty.
It's still card space. And it is an ability, it's just not an ability that you would usually want.
Old December 31st, 2022, 03:25 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hi all.

New to this process, so looking for feedback & guidance.

I recently picked up some C3V/SoV figures, including the Makwa Teeth & Tribesman, which cam with a Buffalo figure that doesn't have a C3V/SoV use (as far as I know). Since it came with the Tribesman, I had a thought to make a Common Hero card for it, and wanted to post it here for any feedback that anyone might have (very much an initial draft).

Figure: Scenerama figure from the Native American Hunt Scene Setters set.

Bison
Aquilla

Bison
Common Hero
Brute
Wild
Large 6

STAMPEDE
Before taking a turn with Bison, roll the d20. If you roll a 1-5, you may move and attack with up to 1 Bison you control. If you roll a 6-10, you may move and attack with up to 2 Bison you control. If you roll a 11-15, you may move and attack with up to 3 Bison you control. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may move and attack with up to 4 Bison you control.

CHARGE
If a Bison begins his turn unengaged, you may add 3 to that Bison's move and 3 to that Bison's attack value for the remainder of that turn. A Bison must be able to move adjacent to an enemy figure to use Charge.

TOSS
If a Bison deals 1 or more wounds, but fails to kill, a figure, you may roll the d20. If you roll an 8 or higher, you may move the figure 1 space no more than 2 levels higher than the previous space. A figure moved by Toss will never take any leaving engagement attacks.

1 Life
5 Move
1 Range
2 Attack
3 Defense
35 Points

I had an alternative thought to change "Brute" to "Beast" and then change "Stampede" from "Before taking a turn..." to "After revealing an order marker on..." as well, to make him bond with Arrow Gruts but not get Stampede that way.
Old January 1st, 2023, 06:48 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!

If I remember well, the Bison figure is really small, no? If it's the case the large 6 seems too much

For the power I like them, but do''t really get if you expected the first and second power to combo
Old January 1st, 2023, 11:04 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
STAMPEDE
Before taking a turn with Bison, roll the d20. If you roll a 1-5, you may move and attack with up to 1 Bison you control. If you roll a 6-10, you may move and attack with up to 2 Bison you control. If you roll a 11-15, you may move and attack with up to 3 Bison you control. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may move and attack with up to 4 Bison you control.
Might need to be prefaced with "After revealing an order marker on..." unless you want to leave it open for future synergy where another card can take a turn with the Bison.
Quote:
CHARGE
If a Bison begins his turn unengaged, you may add 3 to that Bison's move and 3 to that Bison's attack value for the remainder of that turn. A Bison must be able to move adjacent to an enemy figure to use Charge.
As currently worded it only has to be able to end its turn adjacent to an enemy figure, it isn't required to.
Quote:
TOSS
If a Bison deals 1 or more wounds, but fails to kill, a figure, you may roll the d20. If you roll an 8 or higher, you may move the figure 1 space no more than 2 levels higher than the previous space. A figure moved by Toss will never take any leaving engagement attacks.
I feel like the word "kill" has been generally avoided in powers, but I may misremembering.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards