Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 26th, 2022, 11:57 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Workshop

What's the decision behind going for Peter Benjamin Parker again? Is it the concern about multiple iterations of Ultimate Spidey?

Very minor note, I think the "Spider-Man may use Swing Line 4" kinda jives against the theme of the No Hesitation name? Feels like it should probably be a must there instead IMO.

Pretty slick design! Feels like a rookie Spidey, but also covers an important aspect of the character in general (selflessness) that we haven't touched on much - FF Spidey probably coming closest.
Old March 26th, 2022, 12:03 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
What's the decision behind going for Peter Benjamin Parker again? Is it the concern about multiple iterations of Ultimate Spidey?

Very minor note, I think the "Spider-Man may use Swing Line 4" kinda jives against the theme of the No Hesitation name? Feels like it should probably be a must there instead IMO.

Pretty slick design! Feels like a rookie Spidey, but also covers an important aspect of the character in general (selflessness) that we haven't touched on much - FF Spidey probably coming closest.
Initially, I wanted Spidey to have a Thanos-esque resurrection power to convey the fact that this incarnation is canonically immortal. Others did not like the idea of this being depicted because they didn't like that aspect of the character, and someone suggested that multiple versions of Ultimate Spidey could be designed, which led to that naming convention. I can go either way on it.

The "may" thing seems interesting, but feels like it could lead to as many flavor clashes that way as the way it's written. Sure, Peter would take a bullet for Captain America, but would he take a bullet for a robot? I wonder if it's better to leave it as-is and let the player decide the narration in their own head. Not set on either direction, though.
Old March 26th, 2022, 12:37 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Ah yeah, the Oz Immortality thing. I think (and this is a design philosophy rumination, not any official word from the C3G staff or anything) that concepts like that is where we might start using Story Cards for more often. Like, I get the argument of not wanting to see the card for this fairly beloved character with 10+ years of stories be 1/3rd centered around a comic booky ressurection plot point that happened in the sunset era of his run. But I also get wanting to see it represented somehow, since it’s a thing that’s a part of the character (even if it’s a bit retroactive in nature.) So having a Story Card that you can toggle on/off seems super ideal.

That said, even if we did it through a Story and not a vII, we’d probably want the Story to have a way to call out Ultimate Spidey, so Peter Benjamin Parker sounds good.

I think the “may” feels odd to me in the context of Heroic Duty being such a landmark power for C3G and being a “must.” That said, Jocasta has a similar power, and she’s a “may” so I can see your point. I might just look for a different power name then? (Again, very minor point.)
Old March 26th, 2022, 12:46 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Ah yeah, the Oz Immortality thing. I think (and this is a design philosophy rumination, not any official word from the C3G staff or anything) that concepts like that is where we might start using Story Cards for more often. Like, I get the argument of not wanting to see the card for this fairly beloved character with 10+ years of stories be 1/3rd centered around a comic booky ressurection plot point that happened in the sunset era of his run. But I also get wanting to see it represented somehow, since it’s a thing that’s a part of the character (even if it’s a bit retroactive in nature.) So having a Story Card that you can toggle on/off seems super ideal.

That said, even if we did it through a Story and not a vII, we’d probably want the Story to have a way to call out Ultimate Spidey, so Peter Benjamin Parker sounds good.

I think the “may” feels odd to me in the context of Heroic Duty being such a landmark power for C3G and being a “must.” That said, Jocasta has a similar power, and she’s a “may” so I can see your point. I might just look for a different power name then? (Again, very minor point.)
Good point regarding the story card! I like the idea of it being "toggle-able" for sure- I'd want to see it represented somewhere

I'm very open to changing that last power name. I just ripped it from the line Cap says after Peter gets shot. Do you have any suggestions for alternatives, if you don't mind me asking?
Old March 26th, 2022, 04:30 PM
Just A Head

Would Ultimate Sacrifice work for people?
Old March 26th, 2022, 04:35 PM

Couldn't find that name (Ultimate Sacrifice) used in the sortable index so I'm fine with that if there's no issue with it.
Old March 28th, 2022, 12:11 AM

AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
NAME = NO-NAME

SPECIES = BROOD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GLADIATOR
PERSONALITY =

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

WARBOUND
While No-Name is adjacent to at least one friendly Gladiator, add 1 to her Attack and Defense numbers. After No-Name defends against an attack, you may move one Gladiator figure you control.

BROOD EXOSKELETON
If No-Name would receive exactly one wound from a special power that is not a special attack, you may ignore that wound.

STINGER TAIL STRIKE
No-Name may add 1 to her range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 4 levels higher than her height or 4 levels lower than her base. If No-Name deals one or more wounds with her normal attack and the defending figure is not destroyed, the defending figure received an additional wound.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH
Updating No-Name with a third power, let me know if you guys have any thoughts!

Last edited by AlexH12; March 30th, 2022 at 09:35 PM.
Old March 28th, 2022, 06:54 AM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Don't know the character but seems pretty cool! Really like the synergy with Miek. I'd maybe reduce her range to 1 if you're adding range to the stinger power. The mini isn't very long and doesn't feel like she could reach 3 range.
Old March 28th, 2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
Don't know the character but seems pretty cool! Really like the synergy with Miek. I'd maybe reduce her range to 1 if you're adding range to the stinger power. The mini isn't very long and doesn't feel like she could reach 3 range.
Oops, forgot to change that. Thanks for letting me know.
Old March 30th, 2022, 09:31 PM

Quote:
NAME = GREEN SCAR
SECRET IDENTITY = BRUCE BANNER

SPECIES = GAMMA MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GLADIATOR
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

SAKAARSON
After attacking with Green Scar's normal attack, for each wound he inflicted, you may choose a Gladiator you control within 3 spaces of Green Scar. Take a turn with each of the chosen Heroes, during which they cannot move normally.

INDOMITABLE
If Green Scar begins his turn unengaged, add 2 to his Move number this turn. If he begins his turn engaged, add 2 to his Attack number this turn.

SUPER STRENGTH
Refining Green Scar a bit, let me know what you think.

Last edited by AlexH12; March 31st, 2022 at 01:54 AM.
Old March 30th, 2022, 09:43 PM
Just A Head

I think it's pretty safe to call that middle power Sakaarson, unless we want to use that somewhere else. I think the 3 space range is going to feel really tight, but the Warbound like to be clumped up anyways so maybe that's not bad.

I do think the design needs a little more...pop? You mentioned to me that Warbound was kinda here as a placeholder and I agree it's the thing that should probably go. I feel like he needs something really Hulk-y to do, if that makes sense? Indomitable covers the general "Hulk strong/Hulk fast" stuff, but it'd be cool to see a stomp/clap/throw/whatever in there as a representation of the character.
Old March 31st, 2022, 12:21 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I might do something else instead of Indomitable altogether. He doesn't have Range so his attack stat may as well be 8 (generally the same goes for Move), if he's engaged , you are also already adding stats because of Warbound so it'd be a lot to process.

I'm not familiar enough to know for sure if World-Breaker Hulk is different enough from Green Scar where he would get another card, but if not you should definitely do a once per game/round city-levelling power, you could just call it WORLD-BREAKER. If this is World-Breaker Hulk's card, he should be OP and competing with Sentry

Really excited to see Gladiator leader Hulk so keep working on him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy