Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old February 11th, 2007, 02:26 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Toy Fair 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Boy this set looks small. I am wondering if I won't need more than I thought. The other thing I'm really wishing is that there was a picture of the inside of the box flap - if there is one. I'd really like to know more of the specifics regarding the terrain pieces.
I was really wanting to know the specifics of terrain counts. I did a cut and paste of the Marro Master Set info, and put in a section for the Marvel info, and couldn't find it.
Old February 11th, 2007, 03:04 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Definatly lots to change, flying still uses the word RUINS

I can see the dice having a RED SKULL and a CPT A Shield.. instead as well.
Old February 11th, 2007, 03:19 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Things I noticed on the cards:

Rage, Smash 5 is basically wounded smash from what I could read, with a LIMIT of plus 5. Does this mean The Hulk has way more than 5 life?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulks card
When The Incredible Hulk attacks, he receives [an extra a]ttack die for each wou[nd on his ca]rd up to a....[can't read the rest, but I bet it says a maximum of 5]
They all say MARVEL in big letters at the top. That's a nice place for "DC", or "Americas Best Comics", or "My Little Pony" to go in the future...

Also, this is what I read on Spidey's card. Anyone agree or disagree?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey's super-sense 11
If spider man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 1-10, roll defense normally. If you roll an 11 or higher, Spider Man takes no damage and may instead move using his Swing Line Special Power [defense? I can't read this last word]
Sweet! Swing line special power!
Old February 11th, 2007, 03:21 AM

countblah has disabled reputation
You can shoot the Silver Surfer right in his surfboard.

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Old February 11th, 2007, 01:34 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
spiderman and hulk are both "medium".....???????????????
Makes sense to me. Compare Hulk's size to other Medium figures like Kee-Mo-Shi. Large is generally reserved for double-basers or really big single-basers like DW9K or 8K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachsen
Keep in mind these are prototypes -- subject to change.
Unlikely they will change all that much at this point. A May release and this is mid February. That's about three months away...keep in mind these things have to be manufactured in HUGE amounts and shipped over here on the slow boats and then distributed nationwide.

The Spider-Man power is cool. Months ago I had heard he had something similar to Stealth Dodge or Evasive, but this is better. Kind of like the Ninjas. I like it....he uses his special swinging movement to get away. He's swinging on thin air, just like in the cartoons!

The set overall is small....I think the person that told Erik that EVERYTHING was in that picture was wrong. We know another ruin was made up...where is that?
Old February 11th, 2007, 11:35 PM

Screaming Eagle has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
Makes sense to me. Compare Hulk's size to other Medium figures like Kee-Mo-Shi. Large is generally reserved for double-basers or really big single-basers like DW9K or 8K.
yeah, but when spidey and hulk fought in the comics, hulk was prolly three-four times spideys size.

$E

He removed his helmet, for it blurred his vision. He dropped his shield, for it threw him off balance, he let fly his spear.
Old February 12th, 2007, 12:34 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Eagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
yeah, but when spidey and hulk fought in the comics, hulk was prolly three-four times spideys size.

$E
I'm not saying Hulk isn't bigger than Spider-Man, just that in terms of Heroscape size classes it makes sense for them to both be in the same braod category I think. I've seen comics where Hulk is HUGE and others where he's only about twice the size of a big bulky guy. I think it just depends on how he's drawn, and they explain it away by saying he gets bigger when he gets angry or some such for the fanboys that ask. In this figure set it looks like they're going for a Hulk that's about twice the bulk of a normal human.

I think it thus makes sense for Hulk to be medium, as having him be the size of a horse and rider (Me-Burq-Sa) is kind of pushing the envelope a bit I think, in terms of this particular sculpt.
Old February 12th, 2007, 01:09 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I would have prefered Large 5 to Medium 6. He is so big in the sculpt, even dogs are large, as well as Dumutefs.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 12th, 2007, 01:37 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Iron Man seems like an awesome figure. Flying and Range alone make him pretty awesome, but Double Attack gives him 2x 5 attacks with height. 4 life 5 defense is pretty solid as well, and 6 Move is just fantastic. Do you think he's really only worth 220 points? That seems like a bargain to me. I can definitely see the problems that mixing these guys with classic Heroscape could bring, but its cool to see none the less.
Old February 12th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachsen
Keep in mind these are prototypes -- subject to change.
Yeah I know, but I certainly hope Silver Surfer stays as a Valiant.

One thing I can say is this. If a person feels that Ironman is unfair, then the opponent should draft AS MANY points worth of Marvel in their army as well.

For example:

Silver Surfer 220 (speculation)
2x 4th Mass 140
Sgt. Drake 110
Eldgrim 30

vs

Ironman 220
Krav Maga 100
Nakita 120
Izumi Samurai 60

I'd say it's fair, both folks have the same amount of Marvel points so why not,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old February 12th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Iron man is far from Invincible (hahaha) but I think he is well worth his points with the flying and high double strike ability. He is more kick butt than Kaemon Awa, but I think that people should be able to take him down with the right pieces. He is 220 points after all, that is almost Jotun and a little bigger than Braxas who could do the job herself if lucky.

The hulk's size, maybe they are doing the old 80's TV show with Lou Ferigno
Old February 12th, 2007, 02:26 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
I would have prefered Large 5 to Medium 6. He is so big in the sculpt, even dogs are large, as well as Dumutefs.
And both of those are double based figures that are quite a bit larger than the Hulk sculpt.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News