Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old May 18th, 2018, 12:31 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville, KY Events: Next 5/12

I think it would be cool if you did what I did for NorthEast Ohio Gencon Alternative/Prep 2013. The armies allows (Marvel , C3V/SoV, and CUC) and points can be different, but I really like the round format that forces you to bring two comparable armies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Format: Combo of Take 2, Pick Your Poison, and Reverse the Whip!
4 round swiss style tournament. Players bring 2 (two) pre-drafted 440-450 point armies, max 490 for both (i.e. one 440 & one 450 or two 445 max), 16 figure (unlimited hex) armies.
For one army only officially released figures may be used excluding Marvel, the other optionally may contain Marvel as well as C3V, SoV, & CUC - you can even mix and match!. No unit may appear in both armies.
Bring the armies you are going to play and a set of dice and order markers. If you bring more than a 24-hex army (using double-spaced figs and/or hive) please bring extra hexes for the startzone. If you don't have figures for the army you want to play, just ask on this thread and I or someone else can provide it. I will allow proxies for C3V/SoV and even official exclusives (i.e. Sam Brown and Woo), but ask ahead of time. Basically, if you think of armies, you should be able to play them.

Round army draft format:
  • For rounds 1-2, it is Take 2 - Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the players. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice. Whoever has first army choice may choose any of the four armies (either of their two or either of their opponent's two). The other player may then choose from any of the other three armies.
  • For round 3, it is Pick Your Poison, your opponent picks an army for you to play from your army pool only. Highest ranked picks first.
  • For round 4, it is Reverse the Whip, you pick an army for you to play from your opponents pool only. Highest ranked picks first.
Old May 19th, 2018, 04:11 PM

Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker

what's Take 2?
Old May 19th, 2018, 07:09 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

lefton posted it: Take 2 - Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the players. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice. Whoever has first army choice may choose any of the four armies (either of their two or either of their opponent's two). The other player may then choose from any of the other three armies.

There are variants like pick your poison, where each player chooses their opponent's army for them out of the two armies that opponent brought; or Cut the Cake, where you pool the 4 armies, one player chooses the 2 that will face off, and the other player chooses who gets which of those 2 armies.

Personally, I would go with Cut the Cake.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 21st, 2018, 02:01 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@NecroBlade Actually I think Cut the Cake is better than my suggestion above, just in case people are not smart enough to bring 2 comparable armies (I probably wouldn't ).

Also, can we play WIP C3V Public Playetsting units? I'd love to bring Morgan's Riflemen with some Knights, Deltacron with other 'crons, or Valkrill flagbearer Gothlok

Another idea (would require more work) that actually would overlap well with Cut the Cake and/or bringing WIP is having an army (or 2) preset be each map that can be drafted and is in army pool each game in addition to whatever people bring. See Ohio nhsd 11/7/15 which had 2 armies for each map for suggestions, with many units that are normally C-F rated but are terrain dependent so actually pretty good on the designated map. I would be willing to bring armies if we did this way.

Sorry to make so many suggestions - you call the shots.
Old May 21st, 2018, 08:21 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Let's plan on Cut the Cake for now, then. If others are OK with mixing formats, we can try it, but alternative formats can be hard sells to begin with. Placing armies on maps is always a hit, though, so we should do something with that next time.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 24th, 2018, 09:53 AM

Re: Louisville, KY Events: Next 6/2

All this discussion I did and din't realize I can't come June 2 - I will be in Red River Gorge.
Old May 31st, 2018, 02:23 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I'll be there, and I'll bring some games to play afterwards!
Old May 31st, 2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I'll be there, and I'll bring some games to play afterwards!
Any chance you'll have a map? I don't have anything together at the moment, but Phantom/Mr_Chompy usually have terrain to build a few.

I'll also maybe bring a prototype I'm working on.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 31st, 2018, 07:23 PM
Wholesome in a Weird Way

Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker

After two months away I'll actually be able to make it to this one, also I'll bring a map
Old May 31st, 2018, 07:27 PM
Wholesome in a Weird Way

Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker

Also, what's the point and figure limit?
Old May 31st, 2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viideosayg View Post
Also, what's the point and figure limit?
510 points/24 figures.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 31st, 2018, 09:58 PM

Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker

are we bringing two armies?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events