Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 10th, 2022, 02:52 PM

FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Yeah, I have a hard time imagining most local game stores would be interested in stocking a $250+ item. And it doesn't really make sense for most game stores to break it up into smaller sets themselves.
Sell each factions for an average of $40, the exclusives separately for $15 each, the Jungle for $15, the walls for $30, the Kyrie for 25 and the terrain for $60. That's a total of $325 for 23% profit (remove the 3% for unboxing and bagging) and that's 20%. That's assuming you price things this low.

If you sell the figures at $4 bucks each (on average) it becomes $355 plus the exclusives, the Jungle, the walls, the Kyrie and the terrain. It then starts to make sense to break it up and sell.

Isn’t it humorous that Encarmine stated something about upsetting “scalpers” prior to them releasing info that we would have three ticalla like trees and yet, here we are, trying to come up with ways to make it feasible for game stores or regular backers to make money on this or make it more viable for others that won’t spend that much money but would like to still have some of the units?
Old October 10th, 2022, 02:54 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankensteinsMonster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Yeah, I have a hard time imagining most local game stores would be interested in stocking a $250+ item. And it doesn't really make sense for most game stores to break it up into smaller sets themselves.
Sell each factions for an average of $40, the exclusives separately for $15 each, the Jungle for $15, the walls for $30, the Kyrie for 25 and the terrain for $60. That's a total of $325 for 23% profit (remove the 3% for unboxing and bagging) and that's 20%. That's assuming you price things this low.

If you sell the figures at $4 bucks each (on average) it becomes $355 plus the exclusives, the Jungle, the walls, the Kyrie and the terrain. It then starts to make sense to break it up and sell.
Isn’t it humorous that Encarmine stated something about upsetting “scalpers” prior to them releasing info that we would have three ticalla like trees and yet, here we are, trying to come up with ways to make it feasible for game stores or regular backers to make money on this or make it more viable for others that won’t spend that much money but would like to still have some of the units?
It is pretty funny. Tbh I don't think each faction for $40 makes sense. I think it'd be closer to each faction for $70, or at least the larger factions at that price. Maybe dawnraiders and ironclad would be $40 but the rest I'd see being significantly higher
Old October 10th, 2022, 02:55 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Stretch goals do not equal exclusive.

At no point did they say the SOTM Heroes were exclusive or even locked or lost if the stretch goals were not met. We simply do not get them with the vanguard offering.

If it funds without the stretch goals being met, the SOTM heroes will probably be offered later as an additional purchase.

(I could be wrong but that has been the way I have interpreted it.)

But they did imply that when they said if the Raelin stretch goal is not met evil Raelin is not cannon. So I, and many others, interpreted that as them saying we will go another direction if that tier isn't met.
I'm not following the discord so if they said it there, I missed it.

What I heard is if the project doesn't fund then Evil Ra is not a thing, but that is the whole project not funding, not failing to meet the stretch goals.

I could certainly be off the mark or under informed.
There's a lot of misinformation floating around so who knows where this finally landed. I do know the joke before the campaign started was to get all the stretch goals and then ask everyone to stop funding right before the Raelin stretch goal so we can keep her on the side of good. Unfortunately, Discord can be really noisy so this may have been incorrect. I don't have screenshots to reference so if someone can provide clarity please do.
I'm 99% sure this also started as a joke. So yes I'd take it with a grain of salt
Old October 10th, 2022, 02:56 PM

Went ahead and messaged Kingsoflight, my favorite seller for VC & custom figures on eBay. I also know they're a favorite of some other 'scapers on this site, so here's what I sent. I don't expect anything to come of it, but raising awareness can't hurt:

New message to: kingsoflight (41,606TURQUOISE_SHOOTING_STAR Star)
Hi,
I wanted to let you guys know that I really appreciate your store. I'm an avid Heroscape player and your store has become a go-to in the Heroscape community for figures to be converted to Heroscape customs thanks to your super low prices & fast shipping.

I wanted to let you know that Heroscape is being re-released (currently in crowdfunding) and I think it would be worth investigating for your business. As best I can tell your business model relies on buying bulk/ wholesale sets of miniatures, and then piecing them out & selling each figure individually. The current Heroscape crowdfund edition (Vanguard edition) has 71 miniatures for a $249 price tag with free shipping, coming out to $3.50/mini + tons of terrain. There are several figures in here that would likely sell for $20-30 individually after the crowdfund, & the heroscape community has grown accustomed to paying significant amounts for individual squads (due to our game being out of print). I think splitting up a few sets of the Heroscape Vanguard edition could be a significant opportunity for profit, especially given your stores popularity in the Heroscape community. Plus, it will help bring the game back. If you're interested here's the link:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/her...nguard-edition
Old October 10th, 2022, 03:01 PM

DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Went ahead and messaged Kingsoflight, my favorite seller for VC & custom figures on eBay. I also know they're a favorite of some other 'scapers on this site, so here's what I sent. I don't expect anything to come of it, but raising awareness can't hurt:

New message to: kingsoflight (41,606TURQUOISE_SHOOTING_STAR Star)
Hi,
I wanted to let you guys know that I really appreciate your store. I'm an avid Heroscape player and your store has become a go-to in the Heroscape community for figures to be converted to Heroscape customs thanks to your super low prices & fast shipping.

I wanted to let you know that Heroscape is being re-released (currently in crowdfunding) and I think it would be worth investigating for your business. As best I can tell your business model relies on buying bulk/ wholesale sets of miniatures, and then piecing them out & selling each figure individually. The current Heroscape crowdfund edition (Vanguard edition) has 71 miniatures for a $249 price tag with free shipping, coming out to $3.50/mini + tons of terrain. There are several figures in here that would likely sell for $20-30 individually after the crowdfund, & the heroscape community has grown accustomed to paying significant amounts for individual squads (due to our game being out of print). I think splitting up a few sets of the Heroscape Vanguard edition could be a significant opportunity for profit, especially given your stores popularity in the Heroscape community. Plus, it will help bring the game back. If you're interested here's the link:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/her...nguard-edition
Bless your heart for doing that, man. If this campaign fails, it won't be because of the community not doing their part, that's for damn sure.
Old October 10th, 2022, 04:51 PM

Got this reply from kingsoflight - which was pretty cool:

Hello. Thank you for the link. That is potentially really exciting. Our store originally began as a Heroscape store since we were avid players and collectors. The amount of garage space taken to house our totes full of terrain was nuts. While the Vanguard set is cool, the 5 qty limit at the present time would not allow us to be profitable with photographer and initial start up costs. You can be rest assured, if Heroscape make it back to production, it is something we would for sure look at carrying. We do appreciate the heads up and will keep a watch. (I'll also probably do one for myself on a personal basis, lol) Thanks again.
Old October 10th, 2022, 04:55 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Hello. Thank you for the link. That is potentially really exciting. Our store originally began as a Heroscape store since we were avid players and collectors. The amount of garage space taken to house our totes full of terrain was nuts. While the Vanguard set is cool, the 5 qty limit at the present time would not allow us to be profitable with photographer and initial start up costs. You can be rest assured, if Heroscape make it back to production, it is something we would for sure look at carrying. We do appreciate the heads up and will keep a watch. (I'll also probably do one for myself on a personal basis, lol) Thanks again.
So confirmed the campaign is not consumer or retail friendly. This is checking all the boxes.
Old October 10th, 2022, 05:06 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:

So confirmed the campaign is not consumer or retail friendly. This is checking all the boxes.
Yeah, it's a fair amount of hoops for a small time eBay seller to make. Showing that it's barely keeping on track for the bare minimum having amount doesn't show much promise of a big return.

Having to create multiple accounts and keeping track of that many shipments for, say, charging 20% more for the entire product being sold individually equals out to making $250 for every five sets you sell in over a year from now.......

You need to offer a bulk discount to retailers so they can sell at the original cost so people would have a reason to not just have it just shipped to their homes for cheaper. I wouldn't rely on people to have so much "FOMO" to want to pay even more for the full AoA set later on down the line so they don't feel behind in keeping current with the game when season two comes out. They'll just skip it all altogether at that point.

I'm hoping the vague behind the scene plans and secret weapon reveals and updated cards/rules/play videos really manage to do something big. I expected a much bigger boost in sales from this weekend from the first payday since this dropped, like 4 articles being published in board game online publications, a NY con showing with almost the full set being shown, some of the EU and UK finally opening up, a few days of social media ads happening and the noticable drying up of old OG units and even VC customs.

Upset City Baby.

Last edited by brak88; October 10th, 2022 at 05:23 PM.
Old October 10th, 2022, 05:09 PM

Yes, it does confirm it's not retail friendly. However, it was kinda nice to get such a positive response. And I was able to let a fellow heroscaper know about it so that he's buying 1 for himself (i.e., the store owner)
Old October 10th, 2022, 05:13 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I know we're not supposed to think we can change anything in the campaign or make a difference in how it's being offered, but I'm wondering if this is one where the AH folks could connect with that vendor and offer them a way around the 5 at a time limit? Seems like getting a few resale whales out there to buy up bundles of these could be so huge for the campaign ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 10th, 2022, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I know we're not supposed to think we can change anything in the campaign or make a difference in how it's being offered, but I'm wondering if this is one where the AH folks could connect with that vendor and offer them a way around the 5 at a time limit? Seems like getting a few resale whales out there to buy up bundles of these could be so huge for the campaign ....
@Dad_Scaper @Craig Van Ness is this at all a possibility?

The context is a relatively large D&D miniature re-seller on eBay who would be interested in buying a bunch of heroscape for his store (and is himself an OG scaper) if there weren't a buy limit
Old October 10th, 2022, 05:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Getting mixed feedback on whether it's 5 per account or 5 per transaction and the same account can make multiple transactions. If it's the latter ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion