Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 16th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Waves 7, 8, and 9?!?!? - date and names (some confirmed)

Our hero Sandra from House Mouse Games has confirmed this information from Hasbro:

Quote:
Hasbro has set the release date of Wave 7, Fields of Valor, for July. Here are the titles:
--Spearmen and Riflemen
--Knights Templar
--Fiends and Vampires
--Heroes of Elswin

Marvel Legends Master Set is also scheduled for July.

Since this has been confirmed I thought I would start a thread that was not based on speculation, but instead fact.

The first thing I would like to know is when HMG will begin taking pre-orders.

Cheers,
markwars

EDIT:

It seems Funagain Games has added Waves 8 and 9 to their pre-order list. Wave 8 is being called Defenders of Kinsland if this is to be trusted. Go here to check it out...

http://www.funagain.com/control/prod...duct_id=017239

Here's all of the releases...

http://www.funagain.com/control/prod...duct_id=017243

Old February 16th, 2007, 12:24 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This put me in a much better mood. April!!!
Old February 16th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Amen! April is waaaaaaay better than sometime this summer. Now if we could just see some pictures....or get a confirmation about what's in this assortment....

Are you there Hasbro? It's me Margaret.
Old February 16th, 2007, 12:31 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Maybe people will actually post in this one. I think the title "Wave 7 Speculation" causes most people to believe it was just screwball theories and the ramblings of a brain on too much rum. We got real info here people!

Fields of Valor. It seems like they're getting away from the waves named after people that we don't know anything about (who is Orm, and where did he return from?). It also implies more heroic units as opposed to the Dawn of Darkness. All I know is that Jandar had better receive at least ONE new squad or I've had it with him. I'm really counting on the Knights Templar pack to deliver in that area. I'm really curious to see what new Heroes we're receiving as well.
Old February 16th, 2007, 12:32 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Wave 7: Fields of Valor - boosters & date confirmed

Vampire's......sweeeeet!
Old February 16th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
hooray!!

i was worried there for a minute that we had nothing new to look forward to until June. (unless you're one of those looking forward to the Marvel release in May...)

April is more like it
Old February 16th, 2007, 12:48 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
YES! Fields of Valor!! If that doesn't say Jandar, I don't know what does!
Old February 16th, 2007, 12:53 PM

wicked cool has disabled reputation
fiends? i like it. riflemen? hopefully more american revolution or maybe another war such as civil. cant wait
Old February 16th, 2007, 12:57 PM

JIrish780 has disabled reputation
Wave 7 and Marvel in April... oh, my achin' wallet!

Samurai, check... Spider-Man, check... Ice Dragon, check... Dwarves, che- waitasec!
Old February 16th, 2007, 01:04 PM

Xor has disabled reputation
Riflemen might be Civil/Revolutionary war but I'm more inclined to think they will be World War 2 types like the AE (and Sgt. Drake?). You think the knights will be two of the same squads of commons in one pack?

I've gotta hurry up and start buying stuff.. So far I only have 5 blister packs and one large heroes set; I'm falling behind quickly!
Old February 16th, 2007, 01:05 PM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker
Ok, first let me get this out of the way:

STUPID APRIL!! I'M IN KOREA UNTIL DECEMBER!! I WANT I WANT I WANT! WHHHHAAAAAA!

Now then, that being said, I wanna chime in with the hopes that the Knights be actual mounted kights or, as someone mentioned on another thread, a common squad plus a mounted common hero. That would be great.

I gotta admit, though, that I'm not that thrilled about the vampires and fiends. I was lukewarm about the idea of introducing the undead into the game to begin with. I remember that there was once a long thread about the consumer's sensiblity in buying a certain type of toy for their kid that encluded "demonic" figures like the Minions...and to be honest, I thought it was kind of silly. The point that was made that stayed with me from that post, though, was that the Heroscape game's mixing of genres allowed an amount of creativity to where they could have "demons" and have them just be the minons, and undead looking creatures but call them "marro". I thought that was a pretty good sidestep. Then Sudema came along.

The point I'm making is that much as I love zombies--and oh sweet lord, do I love zombies--I'd hate to see the game overrun with generic undead. One vampire lord I could handle, I suppose, just like having one undead mummy queen doesn't really upset my rectum a bit. But having a squad just seems kinda, well, lazy. I mean, we don't have a whole lot of Zettans yet, there are entire species (raptors, anyone?) that have been mentioned in the bios, and when you can draw upon the whole of human history for a type of unit (mounted or otherwise) why use the good old fallback of "blah, blah, I want to suck your blood"?

Anyhow, its really late on this side of the world, so maybe I'm rambling. I'm really glad that the waves continue, and until we see stats any complaining is premature.

JOY! Wave 7!

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old February 16th, 2007, 01:07 PM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
I think they are musket Ashigaru. That would make sense because everyone has been arguing about the "Craig Shelf Picture" in general discussion if there were Ashigaru or Revolution troops, but someone posted that they could be spear ashigaru and musket ashigaru which I agree with.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News