Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 1st, 2015, 04:55 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: DRAGON & DROW

Cool. when I get more time I will look at these closely to give feedback and add to my Customs using Master Set Figures (RotV, SotM, BftU) thread.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:27 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Even moar nazi spiders!

Lots of new units for the Nazi Spider faction today: let's check them out.

Sgt. Drake struggled against his bonds. He was tied up in some sort of underground bunker--he shouldn't have let his guard down so easily. The rusty door in the corner creaked open and a large hideous spider strolled in, its eight boots tapping the concrete.

"Vhere is the supply line for Jandar's army? You know all their secrets."

Drake spat, "Like I'd ever tell you that. Tell Utgar I don't talk with cheap underlings."

"Tisk tisk." The Spider stroked its mandibles, "You Americans think you're so great. Soon you vill learn to appreciate our hospitality."

Turning to unseen allies in the hallway, the arachnid spoke again, "Take this American dog away. He won't hang onto those secrets for long. He'll be... hanging by a thread, you could say! A thread of web, hmm?"

"Oh, Jesus... that was awful." Drake rolled his eyes.

"Silence! The Eighth Fuhrer vill rise! And then, at the end, all of you vill see the error of your ways! Take him away!"

More spiders crawled in and seized the Sergeant, taking him from the room. The Spider sat alone, slowly taking off its gloves, reaching over to a record player in the corner and putting on Ride of the Valkyries. As the music filled the chamber, he could not help but to start laughing maniacally.

"Ha ha ha ha ha!!!"

Kommandant Acht Beine is a powerful yet expensive Spider hero. He weaves traps on the battlefield that are essentially Air Elementals. On maps with chokepoints and tight corners, these webs can be absolutely ruinous for some armies.

Leutnaut Infizieren is a quick and skittery Spider hero who moves around the battlefield, searching for heroes to poison. With Deadly Venom 13, he can poison a hero so that they take damage over time with each passing turn. The earlier in the round he poisons a unit, the more damage they will take. Skittery Movement helps with unengaged movement bonding and keeps him safe from abilities that require engagement--very useful.

These automated Spider Tanks are powerful ranged units for a variety of uses. Nazi Spider Strategic Movement can assist with getting the big heroes into position, and with AA Turrets, they can target units above them with ease. The perfect mini-panzers for the Nazi Spider faction.

The SS Zehenglied is a spider tank cannon that packs a punch. Although slow, it has 8 range and a wide variety of ways to boost its attack. With height and both bonuses from Long-Ranged Fire, it can have a range 8 attack 7 shot per turn. Spider Climb helps it get around with only 4 move. It's only weakness is a limitation to 2 attacks maximum at close range, so make sure to keep swarms away!

What do you guys think? Too good? Too bad? Want more? All feedback is appreciated.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 25th, 2018 at 09:26 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 05:09 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: EVEN MOAR NAZI SPIDERS!

It's great to see another member starting to share on the custom forums. You've been producing so much lately that it's a little daunting to keep up. I try to provide what comments I can but I guess I'll try to start small and see if I can ever work my way back.

Kommandant Acht Beine
First of all, I think the idea of nazi spiders is wonderfully absurd and a really cool faction for Heroscape. In any case, this is a powerful and speedy hero to try so cool things. It seems a little challenging to properly set up his web traps but I suppose his move and life are both high enough that he should be able to lay a few down early on. You'll definitely want to keep him clear of getting tied down in melee since he won't last forever if swarmed, but those webs probably go a long way in keeping the rabble off of him (and can set him up for an immediate attack of 7). He has a nasty pairing with ranged spiders: Set up some web bottle necks and then pick them off as they come in with the attack bonus no less.

Leutnaut Infizieran
This guy is pretty interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about the Deadly Venom ability. In one way, I like that it damages over time but you then get the marker back and they stop taking damage. Depending on when you land it, it can be a real do-nothing power. Furthermore, he gets 3 markers but gets them back every time as well. The odds of burning through 3 alone is already pretty stacked against you so the concept of swapping them back and forth feels a little fiddly and odd to me. I do think the concept is interesting, it's just not sitting well. He is otherwise a decent, if vulnerable, assassin for some key figures.

Der Spine Panzers
These guys are powerful. Their range is quite limited but those stats are nothing to shy away from for a 3 figure common squad. They're probably priced about right for the value. I find the AA Turret aspect to them quite interesting where their attack scales with the opponent's defense on height (making it better for the spiders). I like the theme of their anti aircraft weaponry being more effective pointing up. Moving up your heroes for free seems like a nice bonus early on but I doubt how much you'll use it with such a solid ranged squad. Forget about it if you pair these guys with Estivara.

SS Zehenglied
This guy has quite the price tag on him. Even if he does get swarmed 8 life and 4 defense with two attacks per round could hold up decently enough. Many times you'd want the extra instead of higher attacks when dealing with squads anyway. Spider Climb is an interesting power that definitely helps mitigate his abysmal move, but so does having 8 range. It is unclear from Long-Ranged Fire that you can stack both bonuses although I do see that is your intent. That kind of attack at range 8 can definitely help pick off most any unit you point the cannon at. Pairing him with the Panzers seems optimal to get some extra move out of it.

A really interesting faction overall and they look like fun to give a go. They all run on the expensive side but the cost feels justified for what they could do. 500-ish armies of the Kommandant and Panzersx3 sounds plenty powerful, or drop a squad of spiders and pick up some rats to tie things down further. Adding a cheap and large attack boost with Estivara can be particularly deadly. She really wasn't priced with guys like this in mind .

I'll see if I can work through your backlog but thanks for sharing all of these customs with us!
Old February 3rd, 2015, 08:01 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: EVEN MOAR NAZI SPIDERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
It's great to see another member starting to share on the custom forums. You've been producing so much lately that it's a little daunting to keep up. I try to provide what comments I can but I guess I'll try to start small and see if I can ever work my way back.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll undoubtedly slow down over time, so it'll probably be easier for everyone else to manage. I'll probably take a break from this for a bit so maybe others could sort through some of my older stuff whenever.

Quote:
Leutnaut Infizieran
This guy is pretty interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about the Deadly Venom ability. In one way, I like that it damages over time but you then get the marker back and they stop taking damage. Depending on when you land it, it can be a real do-nothing power. Furthermore, he gets 3 markers but gets them back every time as well. The odds of burning through 3 alone is already pretty stacked against you so the concept of swapping them back and forth feels a little fiddly and odd to me. I do think the concept is interesting, it's just not sitting well.
I figured that since he technically could poison three figures in a round (however unlikely), he should get three markers. I guess the idea isn't that he should use all three, just that he technically could. End-of-round poison seemed like the easiest way to manage the power. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a Morsbane use all three of his markers either, and he's got the whole game for that.

Quote:
SS Zehenglied
This guy has quite the price tag on him. Even if he does get swarmed 8 life and 4 defense with two attacks per round could hold up decently enough. Many times you'd want the extra instead of higher attacks when dealing with squads anyway. Spider Climb is an interesting power that definitely helps mitigate his abysmal move, but so does having 8 range. It is unclear from Long-Ranged Fire that you can stack both bonuses although I do see that is your intent. That kind of attack at range 8 can definitely help pick off most any unit you point the cannon at. Pairing him with the Panzers seems optimal to get some extra move out of it.
210 points sounded fair for this thing given the potential for crazy-high attack values. He's slow, though, and to clarify things he cannot be moved by the Panzers' Movement Bonding since that requires a Arachnid Nazi Hero and the Zehenglied is an Arachnid Construct Hero. And yes, the bonuses on Long-Ranged Fire were meant to stack--I couldn't think of a good way to word it.

Quote:
Adding a cheap and large attack boost with Estivara can be particularly deadly. She really wasn't priced with guys like this in mind .
Oops, well they weren't really priced with her in mind either. When in doubt for potential future units, add an adjacency requirement!

~TAF

Old February 5th, 2015, 09:09 AM

Arrow New Units

I'm back! Let's look at the new units for today. I've got lots of good things on sale, stranger!

Character Bio: When battling dreaded Blood Elementals, your own flesh is against you. The more you bleed, the more the Blood Elementals will inevitably come for you. Able to leap through other bodies' flesh, there's not much keeping Blood Elementals from their prey.

Blood Elementals seek out heroes to kill on the battlefield. They go into a frenzy at the sight of blood, and once it's on their minds there's no escaping from it. A Blood Elemental can Body Traverse through figures that stand in it's way, jumping from one to the next until it reaches it's target--Arcane Bolt style.

Character Bio: "I just have one, very important question for you..."

"What?"

"You got a smoke?"

"I got gum."

Leon comes prepared to every fight. With Specialized Weapons Special Attack, he can use range to his advantage and attack with either his Shotgun, TMP, or Sniper Rifle respectively. Up close he can kill of weak foes with Suplex Kick, making him quite the variable. Low survivability keeps him in check, however. Bring herbs.

Character Bio: Arnold! Gnarh! Get to the choppa! Go on! Kill me! Do it! I'll be back! Shut up! Shut up!! Put that cookie down! Gnargh blah bleh!

Arnold comes in guns ablazing. He's part man, part machine, and all American. As he shoots his Gatling Gun, Arnold yells at his foes, crippling their willpower with his shouts and destroying morale with his one-liners.

Well, that's all for today. Let me know what you guys think.

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 25th, 2018 at 09:27 PM.
Old February 5th, 2015, 06:23 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: ARNOLD SCHWARZENNEGER!!!

Interesting units. Some quick feedback:
Blood Elemental: I like this unit and think the points should be about right. I have a little trouble on the wording of Blood traverse as it seems confusing. Maybe "... To Body Travers, you may traverse through any adjacent figure and continue moving through another figure adjacent to one you traversed through and place this Blood Elemental on any unoccupied space adjacent to a figure you traversed through." Also I suggest you add, "Blood Elemental will not take any leaving engagement attacks when using Body Traverse." As technically you would otherwise get a disengagement swipe from almost every figure you traverse through and any other adjacent figures.

Major MH7: Seems really powerful. Serious playtesting needed to no only figure points out but if D20 minimums are good. I wonder how any playtesting went?

Leon Scott Kennedy: Had to google him as unfamiliar with Resident Evil games and don't remember movies that well. Seems pretty cool. Bonus powers in specialized powers might be too much IMHO, but I get the idea of him running and gunning by keeping 4-6 spaces away, or running and kicking.

Arnold: Just change to "The Terminator" And the Arnold Bellow to "Comeback attack". or instead you could add power, "Who's your Daddy: Look at your opponents order markers" or "Twins: At the start of the game, choose a unique hero you control and take the best attributes of its army card and give him the worst attributes of Arnold Schwarzenegger."

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 5th, 2015 at 06:24 PM. Reason: There are so many powers you could add based on his one-liners. "Cool It" "I'll Be Back" "Get to the Chopper" "You're Fired"
Old February 5th, 2015, 06:30 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: ARNOLD SCHWARZENNEGER!!!

Leon is great. I approve of the theme 100%

~~loved RE4 so much he has bought it at least 3 times.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 7th, 2015, 11:01 PM

Arrow Mind flayer & uncommons

Sorry for the delay: school's been hectic and I got a flat tire and there was a terrible flood and I'm running out of excuses. Here's the next batch of units for today: Utgar brings more heat with this Mind Flayer hero and some more uncommons:

Character Bio: Xythe'nem is a powerful Psychic Overlord who can seriously mess people up. He can mix up their greatest strengths with their greatest weaknesses, and those who aren't paying attention when he's around will often have their minds melted if they're not careful. A mysterious sorcerer indeed, Xythe'nem beckons any foolish enough to take him on into the infinite darkness.

Let it be no secret that I don't like Cxurg'gyath very much. Xythe'nem is another Mind Flayer hero capable of inflicting immense damage. With Power Swap, he can switch a unique ally or enemy's attack and defense values for a round, setting up for endless possibilities unless you're Raelin or Kaemon or Siege or an Iron Golem etc. But that's not all. With Psionic Beam Special Attack, he can attack for 6 provided there are no order markers on his target (it's a measly 2 if they've got all 4 on them). With some successful Psionic Blasts, Mind Flayer Masterminds can set up for Psionic Beam's full potential.

Character Bio: Only the most elite of the Minions of Utgar complete the training to become the dreaded Sapphire Devils. Extensive survival in the mountains alone, relentless training for months on end, and the strength to hurl boulders and smash castle walls in... all of these are the marks of the Sapphire Devils. Bodies painted blue in their rite of passage, these monsters can literally destroy any hero in a single blow.

Sapphire Devils are another option for Utgar's Orders: powerful Minions in their own right, they have a 25% chance of inflicting 6 skulls with Obliterating Strike. No hero stands a chance, especially if Taelord is around. Obviously being reduced to one activation per OM instead of 3 with regular Minions is a downfall against Squads, but with Utgar's Orders your options are open. They make great guards for Taelord, and if you've got Atlaga for the movement boost, then you're pretty much all set.

Character Bio: "Keep that thing busy while I defend the convoy!" Sir Gilbert barks to his loyal knights as they struggle with this new Ogre threat. Their Jandarian caravan travelled the dangerous paths near the canyons, and now they were paying the price. As the Thesk Death Chasers dashed on ahead and grappled with Sir Gilbert, the Knights of Weston kept their Taskmaster tied up.

Roaring with rage, the Ogre lifted both arms up into the air and brought them slamming down in an instant. Immediately most knights were flung back and the Ogre dashed forward, unrestrained by its attackers. Barreling straight for Gilbert, the monster swung with all its might. This was the end?

Thinking quickly, the knight leader dove to the ground and rolled over, the Ogre overstepping as it struck nothing and tumbling forward. With one step too far, the beast slipped and fell off the nearby cliff, doomed to its own attack.

The Ogre Crusher is another Taskmaster for the Death Chasers. It has a powerful ability to be sure in Thrashing Charge, able to wound every figure next to it and temporarily grant itself Disengage. With Orc Battle Rush, you won't need to worry about wounding your own. However, Stumble Swipe can backfire quite a bit, a successful block giving your opponent movement control over your Ogre. If there's a cliff or lava, you're in trouble. Worse yet, they can move your Ogre next to friendlies, and before you know it you risk hurting them on your next turn with Thrashing Charge all over again. High risk indeed.

Well, that's all for today. Hopefully I'll have more soon! Until then feel free to post any comments and what not here on this page. Be back soon!

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 25th, 2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old February 10th, 2015, 10:17 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: MIND FLAYER & UNCOMMONS

Xythe'nem
I appreciate that illithids and weird aberrations have strange names but I must admit I don't even really attempt to pronounce them when I read them. Power Swap seems to be an interesting power, although it does lead to weird "order of operations" questions. Do you take it as swapping the printed value on the card and then applying whatever relevant bonuses, or do you calculate that out and then switch? Would Raelin effectively add 2 attack to a swapped figure, for instance? I would suggest making it the former and using a term like base value to make that more clear. It can otherwise lead to a lot of really odd corner cases. Also, you choose the target for the power, not Xythe'nem (unless he's already taken control of you ). I do like the subtle synergy between his Psionic Beam and the Mind Flayers. His move of 6 feels a little high for him.

Sapphire Devil
This is an interesting and swingy hero. Attacking can be feast or famine, and while you're probably overall better with the minions it is a cool way to see them condensed into this powerhouse. Additional attack bonuses can charge this guy up to something scary against heroes, although his low movement and only moderate survivability should stop things from getting out of hand.

Ogre Crusher
Successful defense is a little ambiguous, but I take it you mean that they are attacked and receive no wounds. Otherwise the play between Thrashing Charge and Stumble Swing is interesting where you can try to pass him back and forth so he can hurt someone else's troops. He's pretty spot on for a Heroscape ogre in having an upside that is sometimes a downside. Is he single or double based? I'd be wary of using him on lava heavy maps, especially if he's only single based.

Blood Elemental

I really like the theme of these guys. The wording on Body Traverse is a little odd but I think the theme comes through in making it clear what happens. Otherwise blood frenzy is a spot-on reuse, making these guys a cool anti-hero addition to a mixed elemental army.

Major MH17
Hard Reset is a very interesting power that you are certainly paying for with his cost. It can potentially set up some powerful plays (resetting on your opponents OM when you have an initiative bonus like Dagmar to keep ahead on turns, rolling when they have a dead order marker on a destroyed unit, etc) but it is only usable once a normal round and is sub-reliant enough that you can't really count on it. I don't think I would pretty much ever try this power on my own turn, so much so that the option feels out of place. Position Hack feels a little clunky that it can be used between movement and being attacked. I think the circumstances that you'd use this when moving are pretty narrow since I've pretty much lost if I'm putting anything but the X on this guy. Maybe have it just work on defense, like @Maklar the Silver Prince 's Cormin the Dark.
Old February 10th, 2015, 01:49 PM

Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: MIND FLAYER & UNCOMMONS

Quote:
Xythe'nem
I appreciate that illithids and weird aberrations have strange names but I must admit I don't even really attempt to pronounce them when I read them. Power Swap seems to be an interesting power, although it does lead to weird "order of operations" questions. Would Raelin effectively add 2 attack to a swapped figure, for instance? I do like the subtle synergy between his Psionic Beam and the Mind Flayers. His move of 6 feels a little high for him.
Value assumedly refers to the base stats, so raelin would still add 2 to their defense and not their attack (and powers such as Sword of Reckoning 4 would still add 4 to their attack as well). I think his move of 6 is accidental but relatively inconsequential since he needs to seriously move it if he wants to power swap someone every round, but I may lower it so he can't Attack 6 Blast sleeper units like he's Cyrpein or something.

Quote:
Sapphire Devil
This is an interesting and swingy hero. Attacking can be feast or famine, and while you're probably overall better with the minions it is a cool way to see them condensed into this powerhouse. Additional attack bonuses can charge this guy up to something scary against heroes, although his low movement and only moderate survivability should stop things from getting out of hand.
I was extremely wary of this unit's price sine 25% chance of 6 skulls is ridiculous to say the least, but Activations do keep him in check somewhat. I mostly wanted to make some more synergy for Utgar's Orders, which almost never sees use at the TAF household (it's as if Utgar Kyrie are bad or something). Maybe now Taelord is looking a bit better.

Quote:
Ogre Crusher
Successful defense is a little ambiguous, but I take it you mean that they are attacked and receive no wounds. Is he single or double based? I'd be wary of using him on lava heavy maps, especially if he's only single based.
I didn't want Stumble Swing activating on things like Stealth Armor or Hide in Darkness, although I don't know if that triggers "no-wound" abilities. He's assumedly single-based, but without a sculpt there's no way to know for sure. Should probably clarify that for future references...

Quote:
Blood Elemental
I really like the theme of these guys. The wording on Body Traverse is a little odd but I think the theme comes through in making it clear what happens.
Body Traverse was the hardest-to-word ability I've come up with yet without spamming adjacent and figures over and over. Maybe it should just say "move the Elemental like an Arcane Bolt"

Quote:
Major MH17
Hard Reset is a very interesting power that you are certainly paying for with his cost. It can potentially set up some powerful plays (resetting on your opponents OM when you have an initiative bonus like Dagmar to keep ahead on turns, rolling when they have a dead order marker on a destroyed unit, etc) but it is only usable once a normal round and is sub-reliant enough that you can't really count on it. I don't think I would pretty much ever try this power on my own turn, so much so that the option feels out of place. Position Hack feels a little clunky that it can be used between movement and being attacked. I think the circumstances that you'd use this when moving are pretty narrow since I've pretty much lost if I'm putting anything but the X on this guy. Maybe have it just work on defense, like @Maklar the Silver Prince 's Cormin the Dark.
To clarify, you may use Hard Reset on rounds created by a previous Hard Reset, allowing spamming of the ability on a hot 20-d (which can pretty much win the game on a Dead OM round), so anything but sub-reliant is broken. You may use it on your own turn if you wish to try a Hard Reset on the last turn of the round (provided you lost initiative), although that's still extremely rare so I might ditch it. Options are always good (maybe not).

Position Hack gives MH7 crazy mobility when used with his Move, jumping past figures and then moving for 6 to stay alive and reverse attacks. There is one reason to take turns with him--he bonds via Melee Soulborg Bonding with the Hopiltrons, so come end-game he can move around whilst those guys keep him safe and do the fighting should he need to stay away from foes.

~TAF, grateful for the feedback

Old February 11th, 2015, 10:42 AM

Arrow Dark daimyo & glyphs

I've got some experimental new units today, along with an entirely new kind of custom for this page: Glyphs!!

Character Bio: The Marro Sentries stood guard by their hive, dutifully watching the surrounding jungle for any sign of movement. Even this deep in the Jungle, an ambush by Aquilla's army was always possible. But her soldiers were no match for the Marro Sentries--any hive guarded by them was impregnable.

No battle need take place, however. A tiny dart whizzed through the air, striking one Marro through the neck. As the two Guards turned to face the attacker, a second miniature bolt shot out of the bushes and struck the other. A second later, both Sentries fell to the ground, fast asleep. It was safe for the Mohicans to come out and destroy the unguarded abomination before them.

Pallaton Darkriver is a South American Indian capable of knocking of OMs for relatively cheap with his Sleep Dart Special Attack. Once the enemy is literally a sleeping unit he can move in with the Mohicans and attack for a proper 4. Concealment 10 is icing on the cake, and far more valuable for a unit with Range. I figured that because of this 50 points sounded fair despite his poor survivability.

NEW GLYPHS: I finally was able to make my Mac Card creator Glyph-compatable, so now I can make cards for all my wonderful Glyph Ideas.

The Glyph of Augers turns your normal ranged attacks into piercing bolts of energy that can pass through walls. With no line of sight required, it has countless uses on obstacle-heavy maps. On top of that, it turns all your attacks into Special Attacks, which is a bit of a double-edged sword. Good against Tough, bad against Iron Tough. Plus you'll lose heights, but the general consensus from playing with this thing is that it's worth it.

The household favorite for years now, the Throwing Knife can be used instead of attacking to essentially become a Pounce attack. If it kills the enemy, you can go over and pick it up again for future use--if not, then it's gone. Obviously good for taking down weak squaddies or finishing off heroes, the Throwing Knife is perfect in a pinch for units with low attack such as Kelda or Ana.

The Glyph of Tridar grants 3 bonus dice upon your immediate next Attack, defend, or passing swipe. A great deal, right? Well, since you have to use it next time no matter what, the choice isn't entirely up to you. It's all too easy for the enemy to trip it with a quick Rat attack, so it's hard to use the way you want.

Well that's all for today! I'll be back with more eventually! Today's units were particularly experimental, so all feedback is appreciated.

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 25th, 2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old February 13th, 2015, 10:32 AM

Arrow Royalty and warforged

New units of the day:

I've seen a lot of King/Queen etc. Customs on this site, so how about a Squad to go with them? The Royal Guard Knights bond with any small or medium King, Queen, or Prince you've got. With Swift Aid, they'll be able to keep up easily enough, and they can even rush to the aid of friendly Royalty, even the big Dragons.

Here's a King to go with the Royal Guard Knights for starters. King Kenelm powers up all Loyal figures around him, further enabling the RGK to do better. King's Smite gives him 6 Attack against all Utgar and Valkrill units, turning him into a real powerhouse. On top of that, once per round he may use Mark of Kenelm: powering up a small/medium Knight figure and taking a turn with them. Its most obvious use right now is for the Knight Squads, but to clarify if you use it on a Squad figure, then only that single Marked figure may take a turn, not the whole Squad. 185 sounded fair, on par with Nilfheim, who always has 6 attack and his own bonuses. Ironically, apparently the king who's sculpt I used isn't such a nice guy after all, but a figure's a figure.

Warforged Phalanx is a common hero capable of spearing and shoving enemies away from it, enabling further uses of his Braced Spear 16. Of course, his uses are limited being a common, but Vain can help these guys move out in full force, enabling up to 3 move and Tactical Shove. Remember that Shove is 3 spaces in a straight line specifically away from the Phalanx, so there's not much freedom in what direction you're shoving an enemy.

Vain is a powerful Warforged Captain, leading his soldiers into battle to seize victory. I found his wicked-cool sculpt on Google and gave it a recolor treatment. With Warforged Advance, he can move up 3 Warforged Soldiers with him (to clarify, that's Warforged (species) and Soldiers (class), not the unit). Once he's on his high ground, he gains Super Advantage, becoming near invincible. With an army of tactical swapping and shoving allies, no one can get him off his height.

New Glyphs:

This Ancient Artifact can momentarily eliminate all defense from a foe, possibly destroying them in one hit if they have little life to spare. Since it's so good in that aspect, you're only allowed one. Combined with other Attack-boosting glyphs and/or the Whetstone of Venom, this can really do some damage.

The Glyph of Survivability ensures that your Hero will never die in one hit. If they are destroyed, they'll live with one life remaining. Once they're fully healed, this glyph can be used again, making it great on low-life units. Some have asked me why the reuse mechanic is in there and why this isn't a temporary Glyph. Well, I wanted it to not be too much like the Scarab of Invulnerability, plus this way it has further uses as more of a bonus power rather than a one-time bailout. Provided you have a healer or heal wounds between D&D rooms, this will keep you alive for a long time.

Well that's all for today! Leave some feedback or something maybe. I'll be back sooner or later with some more!

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 25th, 2018 at 09:34 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards