Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old January 28th, 2021, 12:06 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I think Pain Markers (or something like that) is important to sell the story of the character. His whole thing is that he wants to feel the pain, so just shrugging off wounds like Resilience feels wrong. (If only on a thematic level.)

I'd make him either a Crime Fighter or a Loner (since then he can be pulled into the CF faction by Songbird.) He ran with the faux Suicide Squad Thunderbolts led by Osborn, not the Charlatan Thunderbolts led by Zemo.

Is flying/levitating a thing for him? I don't feel like it's something I've ever seen him do.
I agree, the design is meant to represent that he welcomes pain and uses it, but it is a self defeating behavior, ala the power name. He has mental health issues. As he gains pain markers he loses defense because he wants more pain, like an addiction. I don't see how ignoring wounds represents that angle, unless you give him the ability to take on wounds and then expel them, but again he doesn't really want that.

I think a Repentant Personality will make him synergize with Songbird just fine, so I'm not sure what his Class should be.
Old January 28th, 2021, 12:09 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I don't think everything needs to be spelled out in a convoluted secondary wound marker system when having his high pain tolerance reflected by Resilience works and then you have one power that's bulleted:
I AM HURT
Penance gains the following, while he has a least :
• 1 Wound Marker....
• 2 Wound Markers...
• 3 Wound Markers...
Underneath, he's still absorbing energy, it's just represented differently. So I don't consider it a secondary wound system, it's modeled more after Havok, Bishop, and Red Hulk.
Old January 28th, 2021, 12:19 PM

Think of it as a deranged version of the battery marker system.
Old January 28th, 2021, 01:45 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yep, it's not really a pain tolerance but an active desire for pain.

If we don't want to make him a Crime Fighter (the benefit there is that Songbird would be able to run with both him and Radioactive Man), I'd just go with Loner. He's an anti-social weirdo.
Old January 28th, 2021, 03:46 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I decided to give a DC villain a go!

Quote:

NAME = PLASMUS
SECRET IDENTITY = OTTO VON FURTH

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST?
PERSONALITY = SADISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ~230

CORROSIVE TOUCH
Instead of attacking, you may choose an opponent's adjacent figure and roll an unblockable die. If you roll a skull, you may roll 1 additional attack die. Continue rolling attack dice in this manner until you fail to roll a skull. The chosen figure receives 1 wound for each skull rolled.

RADIATION BURNS
Figures that receive wounds from Plasmus cannot have wound markers removed from their cards as long as they are in play.

CONSCIOUS OOZE
When Plasmus defends against an attack, the most wounds he can take from this attack is two. Whenever any player attempts to take temporary or permanent control of Plasmus, they must instead remove an Order Marker from Plasmus’s card.

SUPER STRENGTH
-Maybe Class could be something for future Brotherhood of Evil types like Brain, Mallah, and the rest or maybe throw him in with the other Titans villains
-Should Corrosive Touch be a special attack and say attacking normally?
-I think he dissolves all matter, but if not Androids and DOs could be exempt in there, or just only take the first die (it looks like he has melted bricks and stuff before).
-Radiation Burns could be markers if that’s too hard to track
-Also I just thought this, the Burns could be packaged in with his corrosive radioactive melty disintegration touch and then he could also have STUCK which would be very fitting for a gelatinous blob monster and make him more of an all around useful figure; Stuck and stopping healers is a powerful combo, you basically don’t wanna go near him
Old January 28th, 2021, 04:10 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

edit: I decided to add a Smother type power, but for more gelatinous characters and less solid goop ones like Clayface. So being able to swing an attack isn't as difficult, but you are still more open to an attack. Might need another name for it; it's a little close to the water power.

Quote:

NAME = PLASMUS
SECRET IDENTITY = OTTO VON FURTH

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = UNYIELDING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ~240

CORROSIVE TOUCH
Begin the game with 3 black Protoplasmic Burn markers on this card. When attacking an adjacent figure, you may roll 1 additional die for each blank rolled. After this attack, instead of wounds you may place one black Protoplasmic Burn marker on that figures card. Figures other than Plasmus subtract 1 from their Life number for each Protoplasmic Burn marker on their card. Once a figure is destroyed, place any Protoplasmic Burn markers back on this card.

SMOTHER
If Plasmus is engaged with only one enemy figure, and that enemy figure is small or medium, that enemy figure is considered Smothered. A Smothered figure cannot move or be moved by any special power on any Army Card or glyph. A Smothered figure rolls 1 fewer attack and defense die for each revealed Order Marker on this card.

CONSCIOUS OOZE
When Plasmus defends against an attack, the most wounds he can take from this attack is two. Whenever any player attempts to take temporary or permanent control of Plasmus, they must instead remove an Order Marker from Plasmus’s card, if possible.

SUPER STRENGTH
Edit: it was so close I just reused Smothered.

Last edited by Splash; November 15th, 2021 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Class/Personality change and Nobody's marker idea, japes subtract life, updated Submerged wording closer to Smother
Old January 28th, 2021, 08:53 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Penance
Maybe Recluse as the class? It's a bit like Loner, but it's more explicitly a 'dark broody guy' class. I like the Pain Markers here.

Plasmus
This guy looks pretty stacked. I'd consider tweaking Corrosive Touch to be a d20 roll so that we can move the roll for balance purposes. I'd also either tone down his defense, or swap out Stuck for a less-powerful version.

Or you could keep him great and jack his points up - no idea what the intended power level is here! Only know this guy at all because I have a mini for him. And even then I forgot who he was once and had to ask the group to ID him.

Separate note, but I wouldn't go for the "cannot remove wounds" clause in there - we usually avoid memory mechanics like that.
Old January 28th, 2021, 10:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Might go Criminal on the class to keep him Suicide Squad recruitable? Unless, yeah, there's some good Class hook for Brotherhood of Evil. Don't know terribly much about this guy, though. Would love to see someone finally tackle Brain and Mallah!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 28th, 2021, 10:06 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

One thing I’ve wanted to play with for a while is having black Wound Markers (using those little initiative markers from the master sets) that function exactly like normal Wound Markers but can’t be removed. But that’s probably something we’d want to apply on a small scale instead of it being every wound a character dishes out.
Old January 28th, 2021, 11:17 PM

Okay I did some updates, I love that idea Nobody, I hope you don't mind if I steal it! I also changed class to Criminal for future Suicide Squad use and gave Unyielding Personality, since I figure Doom Patrol is all bonded by Troubled, maybe Brotherhood of Evil could be the opposite and I mean you gotta be pretty sure of yourself if want world domination. Decisive could be another one if we'd like an unused Personality, very Brain.

Quote:
CORROSIVE TOUCH
Begin the game with 9 black Protoplasmic Burn markers. Instead of attacking, you may choose an opponent's adjacent figure and roll 1 die. If you roll a skull, you may roll 1 additional die. Place 1 Protoplasmic Burn marker on that figure's card for each skull rolled. Protoplasmic Burn markers are considered the same as wound markers and are not removed from a figure's card until that figure is destroyed.

SUBMERGED
Whenever an opponent's adjacent small or medium figure attacks Plasmus with a normal attack that figure is Submerged and may not move. Figures affected by Submerged cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card and only one figure may be Submerged at any given time.
Also let me know if Submerged needs rewording.
Also I just noticed that Cyber Claw and Stuck have the same wording; is that only a no no when two powers have the same title or also when two titles have the same power.
Old January 28th, 2021, 11:21 PM

I'm also gonna do some light Titans reading, make sure this fella's accurate.
Old January 28th, 2021, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think the SA needs extra language to attack a non-adjacent figure and also all adjacent figures if that is the intent.
Fun power set. Do you have a bio on this guy?
Yes, the intention was to select one non adjacent figure and have all adjacent figures also be affected, ala Thor.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy