Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old February 26th, 2021, 04:39 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: [Pod 2] Vlad III (Sorin) (Public Feedback)

I'd love to have placable DO's, but experience markers seem like the better move here.
Old February 26th, 2021, 05:09 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
I've been a fan of experience markers in my personal designs. I like the idea of reducing his cost by tying his attack aura to experience markers that are only earned by playing him the way we intend to play him.

That, to me, is reminiscent of ROTV era designs where all of the units had a play direction in mind that was immediately obvious to anyone playing it.
I like this too. Velkhor is a more passive cheerleader (passive debuff, plus a debuff spirit, and flying for easy positioning, and I like requiring multiple kills to activate Vlad's attack aura making him a more aggressive cheerleader. Kind of like the human champions with MacDirks.

I would prefer it only affects friendly figures, because otherwise he just dies to melee squads.

I would go with 3 experience markers (one for each killed figure) to activate a 4 space friendly +1A aura for range 1 figures, and cost him at 130.
Old February 26th, 2021, 08:28 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the Experience Marker route, would be a simple way to emphasise the impaled theme. The box the figure comes from does have cardboard markers in it to that we could use here. I believe there is some with crossed swords, some with shields (both of these match a glyph), and then some with some sort of star if I remember. For what it's worth, the star is very similar to the star on Vlad the Impaler's hat. I don't know if that star on Vlad's hat is a symbol for anything or not, but you could make a tie there.

Old February 26th, 2021, 08:47 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The little blood red markers could fit too. I think either works.
Old February 27th, 2021, 12:25 AM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Even if accidental, that star marker is suspiciously similar. I'd be very okay with us using that as the marker.
Old March 4th, 2021, 06:49 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Is there only 2? That might have to be the cap out of necessity.
Old March 4th, 2021, 07:10 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

There are three Star Markers in that box. The third one is at the bottom right, separated from the other two by one of the double-sided sword/shield markers.
Old March 5th, 2021, 11:43 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Right, okay. I missed it weirdly. Still might be good to cap it at 3 but that's something we can work out in PT.
Old March 7th, 2021, 10:50 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
I like the Experience Marker route, would be a simple way to emphasise the impaled theme. The box the figure comes from does have cardboard markers in it to that we could use here. I believe there is some with crossed swords, some with shields (both of these match a glyph), and then some with some sort of star if I remember. For what it's worth, the star is very similar to the star on Vlad the Impaler's hat. I don't know if that star on Vlad's hat is a symbol for anything or not, but you could make a tie there.

That's a great accidental connection! Looking forward to whatever "experience marker" direction Pod 2 comes up with for this direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
We could actually use the blood red markers for any number of marker-based powers (and they would be thematic here), but IMO they're a lot fiddlier than the other markers, and those give us some nice natural limitations to work with as well as visually tying into whatever powers they are for (like the Airborne's Grenade marker actually having a Grenade in it).

Also, FWIW, it's a little weird that a power with the name "Impalement" functions completely differently than the Cathar Spearmen's Impale, although it's obviously at least as thematic here.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 7th, 2021, 10:53 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post

That's a great accidental connection! Looking forward to whatever "experience marker" direction Pod 2 comes up with for this direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
We could actually use the blood red markers for any number of marker-based powers (and they would be thematic here), but IMO they're a lot fiddlier than the other markers, and those give us some nice natural limitations to work with as well as visually tying into whatever powers they are for (like the Airborne's Grenade marker actually having a Grenade in it).

Also, FWIW, it's a little weird that a power with the name "Impalement" functions completely differently than the Cathar Spearmen's Impale, although it's obviously at least as thematic here.
While the markers are a limited resource that I'd like to save for designs that really need it, I'd be okay with using some here. I think its also worth pointing out that I'm pretty sure Pod 0 decided that the blood markers would be used as wound markers in the interest of providing a master set that is as self-contained as possible, but I could be wrong about that.
Old March 7th, 2021, 11:06 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
While the markers are a limited resource that I'd like to save for designs that really need it, I'd be okay with using some here. I think its also worth pointing out that I'm pretty sure Pod 0 decided that the blood markers would be used as wound markers in the interest of providing a master set that is as self-contained as possible, but I could be wrong about that.
I agree, that makes the most sense for those markers.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 7th, 2021, 11:11 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would support the use of markers here, it seems on theme and simple. Whichever ones they wind up being.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs