Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 20th, 2021, 05:19 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Shiftrex Customs (6/18/21... Lepiota-Myconid)

- - - - - - -

Cavac Hunter
EERIE ALIEN

The figure used is Skulk #012 from Fangs and Talons.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • ARKTOS: HUNTER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT
    As a Hunter figure, Cavac Hunter may receive an additional attack die when adjacent to Arktos

Synergy Benefits Offered
n/a

Comments and ideas welcome! Cavac Hunter is in its initial design, the figure is plentiful to find and cheap. I don't see myself submitting it to anything, it is just for anyone to enjoy that can get a hold of the figure or likes the concept of some alien horror that isn't on the level of the Elder Ones that has been previously invoked.
Old October 20th, 2021, 06:17 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shiftrex Customs (10/20/21... Cavac Hunter)

The Cavac Skulking ability allows for a movement of 8 which seems to fit thematically and I like the added skull in Isolation.

Makes me wish there was a space 'scape created or at least space ship sides and flooring for a crash site on Valhalla. That would've been an amazing master set. And this figure would have been awesome in it.

Great custom.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 20th, 2021 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Space...the final frontier...until we get there at least!
Old November 11th, 2021, 12:46 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

- - - - - - -

FISC
CUNNING WOLF

The figure used is Flind Trapper #018 from Rime of the Frostmaiden.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

• ARKTOS: HUNTER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT
    As a Hunter figure, Fisc may receive an additional attack die when adjacent to Arktos
  • ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Fisc may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
  • VARKAANAN GREYSPEARS & VARKAANAN QUICKBLADES
    & VARKAANAN DARKCLAWS & VARKAANAN SWIFTFANGS: Wolf Pack

Being a Unique Wolf, Fisc may benefit from the special power WOLF PACK that gives him a special activation bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
n/a

Comments and ideas welcome! Fisc is has been around in my design box for a while and I enjoy the unit, the figure is plentiful to find and cheap. I don't see myself submitting it to anything, it is just for anyone to enjoy that can get a hold of the figure or likes the concept of a more villianous wolf character for their wolf armies or a stand alone villian for a dungeon crawl.

Last edited by Shiftrex; November 12th, 2021 at 10:30 AM.
Old November 11th, 2021, 10:49 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shiftrex Customs (11/11/21... Fisc)

Slink Away feels like something that should ignore leaving engagement attacks; it's mechanically and thematically similar to Scatter, Flutter, and several goblin units' powers, and it seems odd that Fisc's is the only power that doesn't let him slip out of an engagement.

Other than that, the unit looks solid. Skull Whip Special Attack is a nice way to give the Wolves an easier time fighting swarming units while adding a little more Range to the army, and the left- and right-box stats are appropriate for the design. It's also interesting to see another Varkaanan, especially one that's broken from the pack to follow Utgar.
Old November 12th, 2021, 09:57 AM

Re: Shiftrex Customs (11/11/21... Fisc)

That's probably a great point. Was trying not to overload the card at the time but Disengage should be appropriate there. I'll add that in.
Old November 12th, 2021, 11:24 AM

- - - - - - -

FOMORIAN TWINS
DEVASTATING DUO

The figures used are Fomirian #032 from Wild Beyond the Witchlight, and Fomorian #031 from Snowbound.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

• N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered

N/A

Comments and ideas welcome! Fomorian Twins are in the early stages of design but I think they are at a great spot, the figures are easy to find and there are a couple of alternates. I would recommend these guys in a dungeon crawl or scenario play for a lot of fun against heroes but they shouldn't be too shabby in a regular or competitive game either, regardless they will draw some attention. I hope you enjoy!

Last edited by Shiftrex; November 12th, 2021 at 01:18 PM.
Old November 12th, 2021, 11:59 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shiftrex Customs (11/12/21... Fomorian Twins)

Not sure how I feel about terrifying as a personality, just based on the current terrifying units in the canon that maintain a theme of paranormal/undead. What other personalities have you considered?
Old November 12th, 2021, 12:28 PM

Fair point.

Tormenting, Wild, or Menacing are probably all valid options here.
Old November 12th, 2021, 12:49 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I agree with Andre about the Terrifying personality being an issue. You probably don't want to give them Ataraxis synergy. Additionally, I think they're overpriced. There is a very close comparison to be made to the Brute Gruts.

4x 3 dice (4 if common) attacks vs 2x 4 dice special attacks that hit 2 targets. Pretty equal, Formorians are better into heroes/uniques because of their normal attacks. Also better into Rats and Counterstrike and stuff because of the SA. But Brutes can spread out and screen better.

4 lives + 4 defense vs 5 lives + 3 defense. Each with a way to get extra attack/turn by sacrificing defense/lives. Decently equal, but edge to the Formorians because they don't lose attacks per turn when they lose lives.

Brute Gruts are 65. I can see the Formorians being in the 90-110 range.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 12th, 2021, 01:00 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

They certainly have a Terrifying toolkit. 3 Defense and high cost keep them in relative check but the ability to overextend with two attacks of 5 or hitting four enemies for 4 is pretty scary (as is their ability to jump off ledges or wade through lava and survive).

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 12th, 2021, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
They certainly have a Terrifying toolkit. 3 Defense and high cost keep them in relative check but the ability to overextend with two attacks of 5 or hitting four enemies for 4 is pretty scary (as is their ability to jump off ledges or wade through lava and survive).

~TAF
Thanks! Their size and being double based definitely give them some nasty interactions with the board. Glad I could convey the not-so-hairy but definitely scary ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
I agree with Andre about the Terrifying personality being an issue. You probably don't want to give them Ataraxis synergy. Additionally, I think they're overpriced. There is a very close comparison to be made to the Brute Gruts.

4x 3 dice (4 if common) attacks vs 2x 4 dice special attacks that hit 2 targets. Pretty equal, Formorians are better into heroes/uniques because of their normal attacks. Also better into Rats and Counterstrike and stuff because of the SA. But Brutes can spread out and screen better.

4 lives + 4 defense vs 5 lives + 3 defense. Each with a way to get extra attack/turn by sacrificing defense/lives. Decently equal, but edge to the Formorians because they don't lose attacks per turn when they lose lives.

Brute Gruts are 65. I can see the Formorians being in the 90-110 range.
Seems like a great analysis honestly. I can see going down to 110, never hurts my feelings to make something a bit more useable

Also, I definitely forgot about the space lich. For some reason my mind forms a mental block on synergies until a figure is released because I never know if they'll change or not.

Will get some edits in, thanks to everyone for their help.

EDIT:
- Price to 110 from 130
- Personality to Reckless from Terrifying, I think their power set and survivability communicate a reckless feeling to them because they can shrug off so much and even sacrifice their vitality to bulldoze forces.
Old November 13th, 2021, 02:39 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Reckless is a good personality, merciless would also work. I love these guys. Great mechanic for giving multiple lives to a unique squad too

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards