Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 27th, 2008, 03:29 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Santa Fe, NM HS Demo on May 3rd--Results! Not much, sadly.

So, Yesterday (may 3rd) only one person showed up. A 9-year old kid.
Thankfully, I got him hooked, and he told me something to the effect of he's going to con his grandma into buying him an RotV(I'm not kidding!). So what happened is I had him pick to piles of thematic armys, and he pick the Ne-gok-sa, marro warriors, and marrdon hounds x1, and the DW9000 and zettian guards squad, and I pick the Agent Carr and KMA squad. Then I went throught the basic rules, and we set up our figure on the trollsford swamps map with the desperate rescue attempt senario. we went one or two rounds with me advanceing to rescue syvarris (not drake) and he was setting up defensively. I killed ne-gok-sa and a marro warrior, but he killed two of my KMAs. I returned by killing one Zetian guard with Agent Carr, and advanced him closer to syvarris. He set up DW9000 and the Marrdon hounds around Syvarris so I couldn't get next to him, but I used carr to kill one of the marrdon hounds, then next round I got next to syvarris and won, but he lasted till the end of round four, and was a good sport about losing, and not to mention he was a pretty good player. much better than I expected for a 9-year old.

Then we played on the tribecca lads map we i had to get a glyph behind the ruin, and bring it back to my side. He had All the villians, and I had spidey, Capt. America, and iron man. I advanced my guys, he set up defensively, and the I andvaced iron man to the glyph a few rounds later, got spidey killed, and used Capt. to try( key word TRY) to beat on abomination, and that pretty much failed. But I got Iron man about halfway back to my side when he was killed, leaving me with capt. then he died, so th e second game I pretty much was pwned. but ti was fun, and I got a new HSer. So that's my first demo for ya.

Sorry for ay mispellings or improper grammar, ect. but I don't have time to check it right now.
TSS

Hey everyone,
I am finally doing something to help bring in new 'Scapers(hopefully)!
Here is all the info on it currently, and if any New Mexico 'Scapers would like to help out, PM me or post here to let me know what maps and/or figures you'd like to bring, and we can see what we can do.

So, Location: In the community room of
Oliver La Farge Public Library
1730 Llano St.
Santa Fe, NM, 87505

Date: May 3rd

Time: TIME CHANGE: now 3:00-5:30.

Maps and Senarios: A Desperate Rescue Attempt on the Trollsford Swamps map, and an improved Tribecca Labs with a Capture the Flag type Senario.

Pre-built near 200-point teams:

Agent Carr and Krav Maga Agents
Sgt. Drake Alexander and AE
DeathWalker 9000 and Zettian Gaurds
Ne-Gok-Sa, Marro Wariors, and 1 Marrdon Hounds
Finn, Tarn Viking Warriors, and either Thorgrim or RotV Raelin (I'll let the players choose)

I don't have any other guys to make thematic squads with figures like Syvarris, Grimnak, or the other RotV guys, but I will have all my excess figure on display at least.

I would also appreciate any suggestions for Pre-built Marvel squad other than the "good guys" vs the "bad guys."

Please feel free to make any suggestions, as I have never done this before. Thanks!
The Silver Surfer

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.

Last edited by The Silver Surfer; May 4th, 2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old April 28th, 2008, 02:41 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker
Re: Santa Fe, NM HS Demo on May 3rd

U da man!
I will be out of town next week. I would have been happy to help if I had known sooner. I hope that all goes well, and perhaps someone can help you out.

EDIT: Try PM'ing lil'newbie or TexMex. Maybe one of those guys might get a chance to come out. Are there other folks that come to the library to play games? Have fun!

Last edited by pinche_guey; April 28th, 2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Avoiding double posts
Old April 29th, 2008, 12:02 PM

TexMex Woo who?
Re: Santa Fe, NM HS Demo on May 3rd

Nice work, Silver Surfer! May 3rd...I don't see it happening for me, bud. I'm already planning a trip into Santa Fe the following weekend, and too weekends in a row of gas is hard on the pocket book And the late afternoon time is also a hindrance. I agree with pinche_guey, though. Try PMing lil'newbie, especially since he's currently planning a game day on May 17th and a tournament on June 14th in Rio Rancho--I think he'd love to encourage new players to attend. Regardless, keep us posted on how it goes. Take pictures if you can, so that we can live through those

The Daily Pugle
Albuquerque, NM-NHSD Tourney 2008 Results:
TexMex: 2nd Place
Mrs. TexMex: 8th Place--Out of 10
PS I lost every battle in my first tourney
Old May 4th, 2008, 03:00 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Re: Santa Fe, NM HS Demo on May 3rd--Results! Not much, sadl

See first post.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"

Old May 5th, 2008, 10:09 AM

TexMex Woo who?

It sounds like you had fun anyway! And you seem to have been well-organized. Kudos
Sorry I couldn't make it However, had someone told me that Saturday was Free Comic Book Day, I definitely would have come because I'd have spent the morning getting free comics--which cancels out the gas I would have to spend getting to Santa Fe

The Daily Pugle
Old May 5th, 2008, 01:25 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention the free comic books thing??!!? Darn. All well. You'd have return them in a week or 2 after getting them anyway .

Old May 5th, 2008, 02:14 PM

TexMex Woo who?

You don't have to give back comic books on Free Comic Book Day! It's like Christmas at the comic book store--they give you free comics I look forward to that day every year, but sadly, they held it early this year

The Daily Pugle
Old May 5th, 2008, 02:29 PM

You could be joking, but what I meant is: It's a Library! Of course you can get comic books for free, you just have to return them about a week after you get them, unless....

Old May 5th, 2008, 02:51 PM

TexMex Woo who?

No seriously, every year in May there's a Free Comic Book Day Comic book stores across the country give away free comics published for just this day! It's awesome
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/

The Daily Pugle
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:45 PM

I kinda thought you might be serious, but I was talking about the library. But anyway, maybe we should stop spamming this thread and let it fall to the lost area of events as it is destined to.

Old May 8th, 2008, 01:43 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker

Great work SS,
Any chance we will see you or our new scaper at a game day or tourney?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events