Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old August 24th, 2018, 10:27 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (8/24/2018)

Keep sharing your work. They look great. I need to get back in there in my shop and get painting again. Thanks for helping to inspire to not be lazy and help me paint minis.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 25th, 2018, 09:44 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (8/24/2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Keep sharing your work. They look great. I need to get back in there in my shop and get painting again. Thanks for helping to inspire to not be lazy and help me paint minis.
Thanks man!

I just bought 12 more minis that I need to paint, and hope to find time this week to work on them.

Also I added a list of my unpainted minis to the 1st post, that I'll update from time to time.
Old September 5th, 2018, 04:55 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (9/5/2018)

I wasn't able to post this past weekend, but I have been able to keep painting minis, some of which I have bought recently, while also finishing some older ones that I was working on.

These are some Tyranid Genestealers that I painted up with a Marro paint scheme.

I got a set of Tau Stealth Suits from Warhammer 40K which I used for a test paint scheme of black and red.

This guy is a Chaos Lord from Age of Sigmar that was painted up to match my Chaos Warriors.

With the recent release of the new Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures wave I bought 10 Thri-Kreen that I painted up.

I also got some new Dragonborn that I painted up with different scale colors, instead of my standard bronze/gold color.

This one is a Dark Elf Queen from Reaper.

A Reaper Naga that I painted up.

A Reaper Half-Orc Druid that I painted up.

This is from Reaper's Pathfinder line and is called Seelah Iconic Paladin.

A Reaper Battleguard Golem painted up as a Warforged champion.

This one is a Elf Ranger from Reaper Miniatures.

A Colossal Skeleton Reaper Miniature that I painted up.

A couple Malifaux Miniatures that I painted up.

Two Flying Saucers that I made clear flying stands for.
Old September 16th, 2018, 06:45 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (9/16/2018)

This past week and a half I painted up quite a few minis. I also received an order of miniatures from Miniature Market which has some cool minis that I still need to paint up.

This is Cola from the Relic Knights Game from Soda Pop Miniatures. I recently ordered a bunch of miniatures and bases from Miniature Market because there was a nice sale on them.

This one is a Reaper miniature, of which I don't know the name. I really like how her cape turned out with the orange and yellow.

This is a Reaper Bugbear miniature. I really like how the muscles turned out and ow the layering turned out.

These were some Sword and Sorcery miniatures that I also picked up from Miniature Market that were pretty fun to paint up.

This is a Malifaux Miniature called Perdita Avatar of Revelation. This one is a metal model and feels like it weighs a pound. This mini is the largest metal miniature I've worked with and it was nice practice with pinning which I had to do with the rider and the manticore and the base. I got this mini from my FLGS for $10, but online it looks like it's out of print and costs a lot.

I painted up my Reaper bones Hydra and put him on a Heroscape base. I used some cork to cover up the holes in the base.

This is an Owlbear from the Unpainted D&D miniatures line. It was fun to use a dry brush on the feathers and the Eyes were super fun to paint. I tried to make the paint scheme a mix between a grizzly bear and a great horned owl.

This uses the parts of the Troglodon and Carnasaur set in the Age of Sigmar Seraphon Start Collecting set. I magnetized the head so that the head can be switched as well as the rider to be played as either. I also magnetized the base so that it can be used in Heroscape or Age of Sigmar.
Old September 18th, 2018, 10:29 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (9/16/2018)

These are looking great. Dont know how I missed these after you posting them.

Old September 23rd, 2018, 07:18 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (9/23/2018)

This week I painted some more Soda Pop Miniatures, and also started to use some molds and resin and experiment with them.

This mini is Lug from soda pop miniatures' Relic Knights game that I painted up in Omnicron colors.

This one is Mr Tomn from Relic Knights.

This one is Lakmi from Relic Knights.

These are Suspect 7 from Relic Knights that I painted up Twilight Clan Ninjas

These ones are Pit Crew from Relic Knights that I painted up.

I started experimenting with some molds and resin to make a replacement head and a shade of bleakewoode. With the Shade of Bleakewoode the resin dried before I could fill the mold, but it did end up giving him a neat whispy effect, but next time I should be able to fill the mold and make shades from my three molds.
Old October 6th, 2018, 10:47 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Sorry for the bump to this old thread, but were the Soda Pop minis easy to paint? Did you have to prime them, etc?
Old October 8th, 2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Sorry for the bump to this old thread, but were the Soda Pop minis easy to paint? Did you have to prime them, etc?
The Soda pop minis weren't difficult to paint, and priming them would be good though not necessary. There is a bit of prep work if you want to remove mold lines, and most of them require assembly with the larger ones being more complicated.
Old October 8th, 2018, 06:12 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Awesome, thank you!
Old October 13th, 2018, 07:09 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (10/13/2018)

These past few weeks I've been a bit too busy to post my progress, but I still have been painting at a decent pace.

This was a reaper miniature of a Gnome wizard that I ended up painting up.

These were some of the reaper miniature tengu/kenku/raptorians

This was a reaper gelatinous cube that I painted up with some washes, and given a base.

This was an orc figure that I found at a local game store's unknown figure bin and it turned out to be a D&D chainmail metal miniature.

These were some of the Soda pop miniatures that I ended up painting over the past few weeks.
Old October 18th, 2018, 01:05 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (10/18/2018)

This week I'm adding some miniatures that I did this week as well as some that I painted last week and forgot to take pictures of.

This was reaper bones' Cthulhu that I had a blast painting. I ended up using a lot of drybrushing to take the base of a dark green to a bright lime green to bring out all the texture in the figure. He's about 8 inches tall.

This one was a Frost Giant Queen also from Reaper bones, and finishes up the last of my giants that I was painting.

This one is a Shadow demon from reaper miniatures that came in a translucent purple plastic. I gave him a thicker black wash to tone down the color and picked out his eyes and mouth with red.

This one was a star wars miniature that was missing his arm so I replaced it with some seraphon bits from Warhammer.

Some more reaper bones that are deep ones and are sort of acting as a test of a paint scheme I want for the Dagon reaper miniature that I have.

These are also some slimes and oozes that I painted with washes like my gelatinous cube
Old October 18th, 2018, 08:42 PM
"like" happy

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (10/18/2018)

All your stuff is looking great. Are you making heroscape custom cards to go with them?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions