Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old March 25th, 2020, 03:19 AM

Snuffelupecus is surprisingly tart
Smile How we play Heroscape

So, we never really got into the real way of playing Heroscape.. maybe played for the first few months after getting it. Then it all got put away moving to a new house and continued to collect. Then we came up with a different way to play by adopting a Master of Monsters game-style ( Master of Monsters is a Sega Genesis game). We've split the armies into 9 different teams/factions. The map has 6 starting zones

Old March 25th, 2020, 09:34 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: How we play Heroscape

Nice! Cool you have one giant map set up at all times and if you wanted to play a quicker game you can just use part of the map with the terrain you want. Nice to have a basement you can keep it set up and play in.

How do you do orders/turns? Standard order markers or some other way?
Old March 25th, 2020, 09:42 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sounds interesting! Do tell more. Echoing lefton4ya's questions.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old March 25th, 2020, 01:21 PM

Gladly! So, the way Master of Monsters is played (we'll call it MoM), there are 5 leaders to choose from, and the goal is to summon monsters to go out and fight and kill the other leaders. You start out with 200 Magic points, and each monster costs a certain MP and you gain 100Mp each turn. In MoM there are hex spaces called 'Castles' or 'Towers', and you need these to summon more monsters, you can only have 2 more monsters than you have castles, so if I have 4 castles, I can only have 6 guys (or in heroscape, Army Cards) (and that includes the Leader). If you look closely at the pictures above you can see GOLD Glyphs, those are what we use for 'Castles'. Roll initiative to see what the turn order is, and there are 2 ways that we use to move our armies. The first way is not one that we like to do because it takes out strategy but it makes the game quicker, we never really play this way but you would take turns moving your entire army, 1 army card at a time. The main way we play, after init, highest roll goes first and take turns, in turn order, moving 1 army card at a time. There are 6 starting zones on the map. If you look at the very first picture above, in the middle f the grass area, at the edge of the map there's that black 7-hex spot, each starting zone has one and that is where your leader starts and that is where your armies are places after you've purchased them. Commons can be bought any number of times, Uncommons can only be Bought 3 times, and when a Unique dies, its gone for good, unless we play with glyphs and you can find the revive. And yes we don't have to use the whole map, but we've never done that before, we just use the whole thing, even in a 1v1. But ofcourse there are different ways you can play. We've played with glyphs, without glyphs which me and my cousin are doing right now in the above pics, we've done one where we used ALL of the glyphs we have, which was like, almost 70 glyphs. Was a crazy game. We've been playing this way for close to 20 years, Modifying cards, the map. Always trying to keep balance on the teams. It is very fun. Our most latest addition to the game, is we've added a General to each team using ScaperDads custom Generals he made here https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=26396

So now, along with starting with a leader, you have a baddie general (who doesn't count toward how many monsters/towers). And with that we've increased the points each round from 100 to 150. Always tweaking. Very fun game although I have unfortunately never played with 6 good people. most we had was 5 with 2 noobs. Our next project that me and my cousin want to do... is Marvel vs DC, we've decided on ~2500 point team, and we're gonna go on ebay and pick out our team and have a big battle. We also have other ideas like Pokémon, or Starwars. But yea there it is. This is how we play Heroscape

Last edited by Snuffelupecus; March 25th, 2020 at 01:55 PM.
Old March 25th, 2020, 01:47 PM

Undead Team

Ullar/Elves/nature

Utgar/Orcs

Old March 25th, 2020, 01:51 PM

Aquilla/Dwarves

Marrow/Drow

Einar

Vydar

Old March 25th, 2020, 02:39 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Look at all those customs! With such attention to detail on the cards!

I love the love for Valkrill.

And, of course, I love the C3V mixed in.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful map, all of these great photos, your collection, and your format!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 25th, 2020, 03:35 PM

Oh, yea thanks I did make quite a few my own characters and have had to edit other cards using Gimp, its a pain.

Valkrill is my fave. It used to be comprised of all valkril but at the end of 2016 into 2017 I saw that it was made up of demons and undead, so what I decided to do was collect more armies for both because splitting them up made them super weak since we didn't have all the guys we have now, but I split them up into a demon team and undead team and they super powerful teams now.
Old March 29th, 2020, 12:33 PM

Here's a close-up of the starting zones

Swamp

Lava

Grasslands

Fort

Ice

Forest

Middle

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios