Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old August 30th, 2010, 01:10 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Commander Charvanek

I can see under Clouded Judgement, the alied comander being Adjacent, Maby a lower negative with him not having to be adjacent when he is non-alied. I just figure if he is non-alied and adjacent they are probably fighting I would think at range it would be acting like her rage at seeing him there.

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old August 30th, 2010, 03:07 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

I don't know. I like Clouded Judgement as it is. But I have to say, the ability to move 2 Heroes as opposed to one Squad is a bit much. I suggest Bonding move only 1 Hero or 1 Squad, just like Kato.
Old August 30th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Except Kato can move 2 squads.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Commander Keras looks like he will have a Romulan movement bonding allowing him to move up to 3 3-figure squads. Charvanek is heading toward a Kato Katsuro type "take a turn with" ability. Personally, I'd prefer her not to cost 200 points.

Here's Kato Katsuro's stats for reference:
Quote:
Kato Katsuro
Life: 5
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 4
Point Value: 200
Kato Katsuro's Command - Instead of taking a turn with Kato Katsuro, you may take a turn with one of the following that you control:

1 Samurai Hero,
or
1 Samurai Squad,
or
1 Ashigaru Harquebus Squad and/or 1 Ashigaru Yari Squad. You may choose which Sqaud to activate first.
Any figure in the above list that is taking a turn instead of Kato Katsuro must be within clear sight of Kato Katsuro before moving.
It's the 2 Ashigaru squads option that make Kato worth his points, IMO.
My suggestion would be to take one part or the other of Kato's command and apply it to Charvanek:
Either:
1 Romulan Hero or 1 Romulan Squad

OR

2 Romulan Squads

The second option would drive her cost up more, but it could still be kept below Kato.

Now, imagine Keras and Charvanek working together. Keras rolls the d20 moving up to 9 squad figures forward. Charvanek (with the 2nd option) moves and attacks with 6 of those squad members. Sounds like a neat combo.

Thoughts?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:03 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Romulus forever.

Aside
I think we will see some more activity and enthusiasim when the minis are out.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:07 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

I agree with that, Felindar.

Pete
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Here is why I worded the power the way I did...She is a group commander. In her only appearance, she had command of a group of 3 ships. I took that to mean that she had command over 3 captains, and they had command of scores of Romulans. The implications are, strategically, she controls middle ranking officers. The opportunities for strategy are greater. With an ambitious personality, she would not be content to control mere squads, but something bigger. I imagine she would be expensive, but earn it.

Of course, I will change it if the community desires it, but I just wanted to share my thinking.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
Here is why I worded the power the way I did...She is a group commander. In her only appearance, she had command of a group of 3 ships. I took that to mean that she had command over 3 captains, and they had command of scores of Romulans. The implications are, strategically, she controls middle ranking officers. The opportunities for strategy are greater. With an ambitious personality, she would not be content to control mere squads, but something bigger. I imagine she would be expensive, but earn it.

Of course, I will change it if the community desires it, but I just wanted to share my thinking.
I don't have a problem with Charvanek being a powerful unit - your reasoning is sound. There's nothing that says we can't have a Kato-type unit for Trekscape. We'll just have to ensure we properly set the point cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felindar
Aside
I think we will see some more activity and enthusiasim when the minis are out.
Or at least when we get to see some previews. I've not seen any more info about the set.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

We just need to be careful that we aren't making the Romulans (and their TBD squads) too powerful. They should be able to match up fairly evenly against a Federation contingent of Kirk, Spock, and 3 squads of Redshirts.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
We just need to be careful that we aren't making the Romulans (and their TBD squads) too powerful. They should be able to match up fairly evenly against a Federation contingent of Kirk, Spock, and 3 squads of Redshirts.
This is exactly why I am making her so powerful. I imagine that Kirk and Spock will be incredibly strong. I mean really, Kirk was able to defeat a Gorn by himself and Spock is able to beat the computer at chess. Just Kirk and Spock would be 350 points together, if we do the mythos any justice. The romulans have to be strong just to stand a chance.

That leads me to believe we are going about this in the wrong order. We might want to design K/S/M first and then make the enemies to fight them. Just a thought...

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum