Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 18th, 2014, 02:11 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker
C3G Tournament at GenCon

C3G Tournament at GenCon

I am organizing a C3G Tournament which will take place during Open Play, or Casual Play this year. The event is scheduled for Thursday, 9pm and you must purchase a ticket for this event through GenCon in order to participate in the C3G Tournament. There will be a prize for the overall winner donated by philanthropists.

The only units that will be allowed for this tournament are Marvel Hasbro and C3G figures. Open Play overall is open to anything, but for the tournament that I am running, those are the restrictions. For those who don’t have any C3G stuff, but would like to play, feel free to message me and I can hook you up with an army to play with for the tournament.

From 9pm-1am we will have 4 one hour games with a 1000 point limit. That is a lot of points but if we move it along I don’t think time will be an issue. Heroes tend to fall quicker because the higher attacks and special powers are much more devastating. This is the first time that something like this has been allowed at GenCon so it is kind of a test. I’d like to see some good participation, but remember the ultimate goal is to have fun.

So, any questions? The intent of starting the thread is to publicize, to coordinate about how many people to expect, but also in case there need to be clarifications. Tickets for Casual Play are on sale now.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old May 18th, 2014, 07:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Tournament at GenCon

I'd recommend barring Even Heroes as well. Not sure how well they translate to tournament play. 1000 point games can go pretty quick depending on the figures used and the rolls of the dice. Not sure if I'll be going to Gencon, but now I have more incentive to do so.
Old May 18th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Except Satanus.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 18th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Except Satanus.
And Impossible Man ...

This is pretty awesome news. Wish I could go and lose all my matches; should be a blast tho for anyone involved. Hope you get a lot of participation.
Old May 18th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'd recommend barring Even Heroes as well. Not sure how well they translate to tournament play. 1000 point games can go pretty quick depending on the figures used and the rolls of the dice. Not sure if I'll be going to Gencon, but now I have more incentive to do so.
No, Event Heroes are fine. It's just certain units are not fine. As the Super League Heroscape Organizer, I'll note that right now Surtur and The Crow are OP for tournament play.

Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you sooner about helping you word out the Event, Orange Mailman. I was going to post it tonight so you could look over it.
Old May 19th, 2014, 12:46 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

What's your problem with the crow.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old May 19th, 2014, 02:29 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

If you plan on playing in the VC Event during Open Play at GenCon 2014, please visit this thread.

(I'll address the issues with The Crow at a later time. Basically, for now, I'll say that he's OP as cleanup, especially.)
Old June 18th, 2014, 08:11 AM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

Clarification:

I mentioned that you must purchase a ticket for Casual Play in order to participate in the event. In the other thread it was confirmed that Generic Tickets will be accepted if tickets sell out. There are more maps available than tickets and there are no other events going on at that time. There are only 5 tickets left available. Funny, this might be the first event to sell out this year. Also note, tickets for Casual Play will receive precedence over Generics.

So who's up for a C3G tournament?

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old June 18th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wish I could make it. I have been impressed by the tickets sales for Casual Play and I have to assume it is a direct result of the C3G and VC tournaments.
You and MS may want to team up for your own events in the future. Even just a day or two with one VC and one C3G event each day would be awesome. A lot of work to set up the maps but it would be a much smaller scale than the current Heroscape events.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 19th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd be totally down if I was going to GenCon, but maybe another year.

I'd suggest posting an announcement and link in the C3G Cave thread. Most C3Gers have a subscription to that thread, so you should get a lot more eyeballs that way.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy