Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 7th, 2019, 05:46 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Disengage doesn't really seem to be a D&D world Orc thing, but it's always been a Grut Orc thing. I suspect the mini isn't Grut Orc blue, so it's probably non-Grut, but that hasn't stopped us before. This one does seem similar to a Death Chaser, so I assumed D&D.

Which means it isn't an inherent thing, but I do see it as valuable to the design. This guy wants to rush in and burn out quickly, and having the freedom to get to a high priority target is valuable.
Yeah, Valkrill/green orcs and Utgar/blue orcs are definitely different despite sharing a species. This design itself seems like it's leaning more towards the green orc side, given the Valkrill general and Death Chaser ties.

Disengage is always valuable, but I feel like it's overused in the filler category (thanks partially to how many ninja-like fillers we already have). Given that Olog wants to get in and deal a heavy blow, I'd rather see him focus on that aspect rather than having more freedom to choose his targets or get past screens. Of course Disengage would be a useful way of making it easier for him to hit his mark, but I think that the design itself would be stronger if that was cut in favor of an extra life or attack die, which lets him lean more into what makes him unique.

He isn't a ninja out to assassinate a key figure, so it'd be nice if he played a bit more like a brutish orc. Giving him a higher life value (much like Valguard had) would be enough to give him some freedom about leaving engagement attacks without going the full Disengage route, in my eyes, or the extra attack power would lean into his strength once he makes his big strike. Either direction seems more compelling than Disengage here to me.
Old October 8th, 2019, 10:54 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Battle Rush and Savage Ambush seem at odds with each other. How about Charging Assault?

Old October 8th, 2019, 01:18 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

Battle Rush and Savage Ambush seem at odds with each other. How about Charging Assault?

Not sure about 2 movement powers. After playtesting the 2 powers Battle Rush and Savage Ambush seem to work fine together. At life 3 defense 2 and 20 points he has been hit and miss with survivability, but he is able to use savage ambush effectively especially with bonding from ravagers. With good placement he is effective outside his bonding squad. Also without disengage he doesn,t seem that restrained and can always risk leaving engagement with 3 lives.

Long live heroscape
Old October 10th, 2019, 02:55 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

This is the current card for Olog

Long live heroscape
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:04 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

"Battle Rush and Savage Ambush seem at odds with each other. How about Charging Assault?" ~ kolakoski

"Not sure about 2 movement powers." ~ The Long eared bat

I meant replace Battle Rush with Charging Assault (duh!).
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:13 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks good TLEB, and a solid improvement on the last version. My only concern at the moment is price point. Normally, low-point filler heroes get away with offering good value for their point cost by not generally being worth the OM cost it takes to activate them. With Orc Battle Rush and Ravager synergy, however, it seems like Olog would be able to easily earn back his points every game without having to spend a single OM on him.

I would recommend keeping this in mind and looking back over your testing data. If he's performing consistently and with little to no downside, a price bump could be in order.
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:47 PM

He did die without doing anything in 3/6 playtests, but I can see what you mean with not needing to put order markers on him if you have the savage cry bonding. From playtesting I can't see him above 40 points and I would probably go for 35 points because of his poor survivability, but can hit hard in certain situations without an order marker. He doesn't have the range or defensive ability Seleena has and Olog can't use his savage ambush power as freely as Maltis Tez's First Assult 2. What Olog does have is the bonding.

Long live heroscape
Old October 11th, 2019, 10:34 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm back with another design that's been in hiding for a while.

The Vulcanmech Striker

see spoiler for text version of card:
Spoiler Alert!

So, I want to know if my explanations for the abilities are sufficient. I don't think anyone will have a problem with the names, or the figure associated with them. However their function, and the figure might give pause for some.

Priority Power Systems gives 6 melee attack damage before any wounds have been received. How is this robot with no arms, dealing this damage? Well my explanation is that the robot is kicking the enemies. Now I don't expect those text lines to convince you, so I have a picture ready:

The legs are taller than Sargent Drake. They could knock a fully grown man over with ease. When no damage has been sustained, the power of this kick is quite powerful. Once you take two or more wounds, the power systems are no longer supporting the legs as much, and you'll be rolling more, or the same, dice with the ranged attack.

Double shot is just Double Attack, but only for ranged attacks. The figure has two guns, so I don't think anyone will be bothered by this.

Jump is Stealth Leap without the Stealth, and you move 4 spaces instead of 3. The Legs are also the justification for this. The Legs are indivually as large as the main body of the robot, so I believe that it is conceivable that they could jump quite high. Additionally, there is what appears to be rocket boosters on the back of the main body, allowing it to reach a height as high as level 15. Here's a Picture of the back so you can see the boosters:

Is that explanation sufficient, or are there still some concerns?
Old October 12th, 2019, 01:29 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

What’s the availability like
Old October 12th, 2019, 04:10 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Priority Power Systems is the only power that doesn’t quite come across for me. Double Shot is fine, and I’d believe that miniature can leap even without jump jets (Though I’d call it something less generic, like Powered Jump or Hydraulic Leap to sell the move advantage it has over Stealth Leap).

For Power Systems, I’m willing to buy that this figure can kick out 6 dice in melee, but the name of the power doesn’t really tell you that’s what’s happening. I think that’s partially a symptom of the power trying to do too many things as once—which doesn’t even quite work out, as the theme of it losing power to its legs doesn’t carry over to the card’s movement abilities. If it can’t kick as well, but can still leap and run just fine, what’s does that mean thematically?

I’d recommend narrowing down Priority Power Systems into some kind of Powered Kick or Stomp power to give it a clearer, more consistent theme.
Old October 12th, 2019, 09:44 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
What’s the availability like
208 before Ebay. 25 more on Ebay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Priority Power Systems is the only power that doesn’t quite come across for me. Double Shot is fine, and I’d believe that miniature can leap even without jump jets (Though I’d call it something less generic, like Powered Jump or Hydraulic Leap to sell the move advantage it has over Stealth Leap).

For Power Systems, I’m willing to buy that this figure can kick out 6 dice in melee, but the name of the power doesn’t really tell you that’s what’s happening. I think that’s partially a symptom of the power trying to do too many things as once—which doesn’t even quite work out, as the theme of it losing power to its legs doesn’t carry over to the card’s movement abilities. If it can’t kick as well, but can still leap and run just fine, what’s does that mean thematically?

I’d recommend narrowing down Priority Power Systems into some kind of Powered Kick or Stomp power to give it a clearer, more consistent theme.
I wanted to use a very generic name so that future designs could reuse the power, however Hydraulic Jump is a nice fit for the figure, so I might go with that.

The power name was designed to explain why the figure is getting more defense as they take wounds, and was never intended to explain anything else, because they were going to have a range of 1. Originally the basic attack was the kick. Double Shot was a special attack. I had to change that because I didn't want Hoplitrons to bond with them. Priority power systems was worded the same, all I added was that the target had to be adjacent so that it couldn't be used at 5 range. The idea behind this design has always been, "what if a figure had high attack at the start, but got better defense, and worse attack, as they took wounds?" You could explain away the jump by saying that jumping is considered a high priority action, and the same could be said for moving. I'm not opposed to giving the power a name that is more indicative of a kick, but I'm not willing to change the core design of lowering the attack per wound, while raising the defense per wound. I don't think that a name like "Powered Kick" would explain any of that, so I would need a name that explains all of that, and the kick.

I did consider lowering the move per wound. So they would have a move of 4 at 3 wounds. I did not do this because the card is already full of text, and I didn't want it be too cluttered. I'm kicking myself now for not mentioning this. If you and the other judges wouldn't be turned away by the amount of text, I would actually like to add the lower move per wound onto the card, I just wanted to save space, and lower the complexity of Priority Power Systems. (bolded so the other judges see it.)
Old October 12th, 2019, 11:24 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe it’s an uncommon/common Utgar Soulborg? The name Deathcharger keeps coming to mind, since the mini is literally throwing charge shots.

EDIT: this was in reference to the Deathwalker figure you all were talking about. Ignore this post

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards