Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 17th, 2010, 06:19 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Where to Post Your Army?

I just posted this 500 point army on the Wyrmlings army idea thread.

180 Wyrmlings x 6 (4 Red, 2 Black)
110 Sgt. Drake RotV
110 Rhogar
100 Iron Golem

I'm so proud of this army ! Now, let's see . . . I can post this on the Rhogar thread, the Iron Golem thread, the Drake thread (is there one?), the 500 point thread, the favorite 500 point army thread . . .
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Where to Post Your Army?

Everywhere

Or leave it here and we all just post armies like this.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 18th, 2010, 12:01 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Maybe just call it the D2 army thread?
Old August 18th, 2010, 09:58 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Everywhere

Or leave it here and we all just post armies like this.
What do you mean?
Old August 18th, 2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
I just posted this 500 point army on the Wyrmlings army idea thread.

180 Wyrmlings x 6 (4 Red, 2 Black)
110 Sgt. Drake RotV*
110 Rhogar
100 Iron Golem

I'm so proud of this army ! Now, let's see . . . I can post this on the Rhogar thread, the Iron Golem thread, the Drake thread (is there one?), the 500 point thread, the favorite 500 point army thread . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Maybe just call it the D2 army thread?
*Really?
Old August 18th, 2010, 10:41 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd probably post it here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=4396

You could also find some good options here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=25409
Old August 18th, 2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
I'd probably post it here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=4396

You could also find some good options here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=25409
Please! It's not that I don't know where I could post it (don't say it ). I am asking whether it is inappropriate to post an army in the thread for every unit in it, or, in this case, every kind of 500 point thread into which I can shoe-horn it, or whether there is a preferred protocol for determining into which of the many threads possible I should post it. Understand that I am well aware that there is a good chance that this is a non-issue generally, although I thought there might be some who would be annoyed if I flooded the forums with posts containing the same army.
Old August 18th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Generally, I post armies in reference to how I've been thinking about them:
  • If it's specific to a single card that doesn't have an active army idea thread I'll typically post it in the "book of" with some commentary about why I think that unit works well in that army.
  • If it's something that plays around with ideas others have been tossing around on a thread, I'll post it in that thread along with comments on how the army is related to the previous ideas.
  • If it's something that is intended for or was used in a tournament it will probably go in a competitive armies thread and/or a tournament armies thread along with commentary on the synergies of the army.
  • If it's a uniqueish combination of stuff that I haven't seen elsewhere and to which I want responses, I'll typically start a thread in Competitive Armies or Strategy Articles (depending on focus) with a lot of discussion about the ideas surrounding the army.

~Aldin, breaking down an existing internal thought process he'd never really examined before

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion