Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old October 20th, 2009, 03:44 AM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker
HS Database dump?

I've been tossing around an idea for generating cards in a different, more traditional CCG style (because, seriously... what were they thinking when they came up with this wacky shape?) and was thinking if I had all the stats/values/etc from all the cards in a database I could make a template with HTML and use PHP to create "pages" that I'd output as a PDF file that I could easily print.

Writing the code is easy, inputting all that data... not something I really want to do. So, does anyone know of a HS SQL data file out there anywhere? It doesn't matter if it's exactly how I want it, I can always load it into a table that fits and write a script to convert it to a form more convenient for my project.
Old October 20th, 2009, 07:30 AM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker
Re: HS Database dump?

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930

Last edited by Harlax; October 20th, 2009 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Sorry, misread your post and was about to post something irrelevant
Old October 20th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

There are several spreedsheets about that have the data compiled, although usually pretty roughly from a DB perspective. I personally have gleened data from GaryLASQ's web site and Bixby's Hextreme HeroScape Spreadsheet for my own personal use.
Old October 20th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

You have reminded me to update my spreadsheet. You can use the data in the sheet to drive a SQL query.

On a side note, the shape of the cards is probably an artistic decision. Everything in HS is base 6, everything an CCG is base 4. Also, the cards all fit between two 7-hex tiles without moving.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old October 20th, 2009, 10:26 PM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
You have reminded me to update my spreadsheet. You can use the data in the sheet to drive a SQL query.

On a side note, the shape of the cards is probably an artistic decision. Everything in HS is base 6, everything an CCG is base 4. Also, the cards all fit between two 7-hex tiles without moving.
I'm sure the decision was artistic it just makes so many other things difficult... at least for me.

I have all my cards in protective covers but they cost more and look less attractive than card covers and they don't seem to protect the card as well. It's still possible to bend the "corners" and this happens too often when I'm teaching a young person how to play the game. With homebrewed cards that I can replace just by running a script I'll be able to focus more of teaching the game and having fun than having to say "Whoa junior, take it easy on those cards!"

I'll download your spreadsheet and see what I can do with it, thanks for pointing it out.
Old October 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

I updated it with all the correct powers. Have fun.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software