Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old August 3rd, 2015, 01:11 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Porting AotP Into Scape

That little symbol in between "Enchant Squad" means Unique.

There are currently no spells for enchanting common squads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 3rd, 2015, 01:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Some of the spells talk about controlling only white creatures (Honor of the Pure) or something similar related to the Arena color wheel. I think assigning each classic scape general to a color will be important as then those color specific spells can be extended out to more units while still being exclusive in nature.

White = Jandar
Green = Ullar
Blue = Vydar
Red = Einar
Black = Utgar

Never really liked it when Classic expanded beyond the first 5 generals and it seems the two newest additions are extra's here. Maybe have Aquilla & Valkrill be multi-colored teams, assuming they will introduce multi-colored spells at some point.

Blue & Green = Aquilla?
Red & Black = Valkrill?
Old August 3rd, 2015, 01:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
That little symbol in between "Enchant Squad" means Unique.

There are currently no spells for enchanting common squads.
Oh, that is good to know. I wasn't sure what that symbol meant as I don't yet have the game in hand.
Old August 3rd, 2015, 08:04 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Not all black red are bad though, Phyrexian's Red Faction are a good example of this, though I'd wouldn't say they are completely good, very Vydarish.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old August 4th, 2015, 12:50 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It might be simpler to not assign colors to generals, which would limit synergy to some extent, resulting in fewer chances of outrageous combinations.

(Synergy is fun, though.)

The points on the units seem pretty reasonable in a scape context so far (I've only played twice, though). I'm not sure how to incorporate spells (and spell costs) into a heroscape point limit, though.

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old August 4th, 2015, 01:49 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
It might be simpler to not assign colors to generals, which would limit synergy to some extent, resulting in fewer chances of outrageous combinations. (Synergy is fun, though.)

The points on the units seem pretty reasonable in a scape context so far (I've only played twice, though). I'm not sure how to incorporate spells (and spell costs) into a heroscape point limit, though.
Having absolutely *NO* familiarity "Magic: the Gathering" I was making some erroneous assumptions based upon the background colors that we are so accustomed to seeing on the HeroScape cards...
Aquilla ==> YELLOW
Einar ===> TAN & PURPLE
Jandar ==> BLUE
Ullar ===> GREEN
Utgar ==> RED & BLACK
Valkril ==> DARK BROWN
Vydar ==> SHADES OF GREY
... it's just not going to easily work for us integrating Atop into HS, if we are going to place more emphasis on the General's personality traits and unit characteristics, since the Magic mana, spells, enchantments, and figures are diversified across a wider spectrum that even seems to overlap in some areas.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old August 4th, 2015, 02:30 PM
C3G Landlord

It's been a while since I played the magic card game so it might have evolved into something different over the years but once upon a time the different colors of magic had certain themes behind them. Here is a brief description of each, I'm sure more active Magic players can do a better job defining them.

White = Good, Pure, Healing, Righteous,
Green = Neutral Good, Nature, Earth,
Blue = True Neutral, Wisdom, Knowledge,
Red = Chaotic Neutral, Fire, Direct Attacks,
Black = Evil, Dark, Death/Undead, Disease,

So Jandar does fit in with White quite well, same with Ullar for Green. Utgar for Black also fits like a glove. Red & Blue are not perfect fits but Vydar is fairly Neutral and seems to value knowledge in the form of technology. That leaves Einar and Red to be paired up.

Aquilla has dwarves, which are usually found on Red cards, and insects who seem to fall into the nature category so maybe Aquilla would be both Red & Green?

Valkrill has evil and undead units so Black would need to be one of this colors. I'm not sure what a good second color would be for him. Maybe blue, that way no color has 3 generals and Jandar remains 'pure' with only one General.
Old August 4th, 2015, 04:01 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If this thread were about porting scape into arena, I think you'd need to assign the generals colors. But this thread is about porting arena into scape, so I think the need for general assignment is far less pressing.

i.e. Spiderman plays just fine in scape without a general.

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old August 4th, 2015, 04:12 PM
C3G Landlord

For me it is more about clarifying which spells work on which units. The Arena spells seem to be designed to boost certain types of units and not others. Suddenly making the spells work on all units instead of just some would seem to make them much more valuable then their point cost was tested for. Which would require us to retest all the spells and assign new costs.
Old August 4th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Which ones do you think are designed to be only work with a subset of units?

They seem pretty generic to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 4th, 2015, 04:58 PM
C3G Landlord

I just went through all 60 spells included in the initial set again (we can assume more spells will come out in future expansions). Many of the spells do work on any unique squad, any 'creature', or any planeswalker without specifying a color but then a few specifically call out a color. This indicates that they were tested and priced with the limits in mind.

Gideon's Phalanx - Enchant Planeswalker
All white creatures you control within 4 clear sight spaces of enchanted Planeswalker get +1 defense.

Honor of the Pure - Enchant Squad
As long as you control only white creatures, all undamaged white creatures you control get +1 attack and +1 defense.

Strangling Soot - Hidden Enchant Unique Squad
Flip Strangling Soot over when a creature in enchanted squad is attacked by a nonblack squad creature. Destroy the attacking creature and Strangling Soot.

Pyroclasm - Sorcery
Deal 1 damage to target red creature you control and each figure without flying that is adjacent to that creature.

Seize the Day - Sorcery
You may move and attack with a red squad creature you control.

Skyreaping - Sorcery
Choose a green creature you control. Deal 1 damage to all creatures with flying that are adjacent to that creature and draw a card.

If the term 'Planeswalker' gets expanded to include any Unique Hero, then these spells are also relevant to the current discussion. If the term 'Planeswalker' is left restricted to only the imported Planeswalkers then this is not an issue. Not sure where we are going to end up on that decision right now. An argument could be made for both expanding the definition of the term 'Planeswalker' when combining the games and for leaving it alone.

Sanctified Charge - Enchant Squad
Whenever a white Planeswalker you control deals damage on its turn, remove a damage marker from a creature in enchanted squad.

Incinerate - Sorcery
Deal 3 damage to target creature adjacent to a red Planeswalker you control.

Flames of the Firebrand - Sorcery
Deal one damage to each of up to 2 different target creatures within 2 clear sight spaces of a red Planeswalker you control.

Titanic Growth - Sorcery
A creature you control within 6 clear sight spaces of a green Planeswalker you control gets +3 attack until end of turn.

Bountiful Harvest - Sorcery
Remove up to 3 damage markers from a friendly green Planeswlker.

Inspired Charge - Sorcery
All creatures you control within 8 clear sight spaces of a white Planeswalker you control get +2 attack and +1 defense until end of turn.

Mind Control - Sorcery
You may move and attack with target squad creature an opponent controls that is within 4 clear sight spaces of a blue Planeswalker you control.

Project Self - Sorcery
Move a blue Planeswalker you control to an empty space that's adjacent to another figure you control.

Rise of the Dark Realms
- Sorcery
Return a squad creature from your figure graveyard to the battlefield on an empty space adjacent to a black Planeswalker you control.

Killing Wave - Sorcery
Choose a black Planeswalker you control. Deal 3 damage to all non-Zombie squad creatures adjacent to that Planeswalker.

Corrupt - Sorcery
Deal 1 damage to target creature within 5 clear sight spaces of a black Planeswalker you control. Remove 1 damge marker from that Planeswlker.

Altar's Reap - Sorcery
Destroy a creature you control that's adjacent to a friendly black Planeswlker. Remove up to 4 damage markers from that Planeswlker.

Then their was one other card that called out a specific color but it relates to spells rather then figures. Still it is worth noting since their were a couple of blue spells that are somewhat similar but not restricted by color.

Dual Casting - Sorcery
Play a red sorcery from your graveyard that you played this turn.
Old August 5th, 2015, 01:45 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Having absolutely *NO* familiarity "Magic: the Gathering" I was making some erroneous assumptions based upon the background colors that we are so accustomed to seeing on the HeroScape cards...
Aquilla ==> YELLOW
Einar ===> TAN & PURPLE
Jandar ==> BLUE
Ullar ===> GREEN
Utgar ==> RED & BLACK
Valkril ==> DARK BROWN
Vydar ==> SHADES OF GREY
... it's just not going to easily work for us integrating Atop into HS, if we are going to place more emphasis on the General's personality traits and unit characteristics, since the Magic mana, spells, enchantments, and figures are diversified across a wider spectrum that even seems to overlap in some areas.
@Johngee you actully made me remember that in Magic the Gathering they have a faction called colorless or Artifact which appears grey sometimes. The Planeswalker Tezzeret who is a colorless artifact planeswalker, is very much a tech savvy planeswalker who specializes in espionage, infiltration, and backstabbing.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender