Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 8th, 2017, 09:01 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: PK's customs MK. III - 4/6 - Lead Vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Wow! Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I'm going to go through here and address most of anything.

Gravestone: I can see an aversion to "Lynch." Would "Hung and Dragged" sound better? Or "Hanged and Dragged"?

I totally agree that "non-leading end" sounds a little clumsy. IT's kind of an odd power that went through four or five versions, so I'm not averse to changing it now. My intent was that you couldn't place the dragged figure ahead of you while moving in order to maximize the d20 roll, since that's an extra three or more spaces between the front and back end of her model (assuming she's double space, which I think she would be). If I took out the wording involving the non-leading end, perhaps I could cap the number of spaces the dragged figure could be moved to, say, 8 spaces, to account for a slight movement around one of her hexes?

Definitely agree on having it be a same-level space, as great as it would be be to lasso someone and drag them into lava or over a cliff...
I think that's a perfect fix. As for the same-level bit... I can see that that would be more balanced.... But I don't like it, dragging them off a cliff sounds very thematic to me.

Quote:
Black Bear: Definitely can see a lower cost for him. I'll go with 35-40 on the next revision.

El Santos: Yeah, I realized after I posted him that he could present some problems. I think nerfing Last Rites to only activate on a normal/special attack, or even just once per enemy turn, would help quite a bit. IshMEL, did you mean that you'd have to make a d20 roll in order to attack, or replace Last Rites' "attack" with a d20 roll?

That might also bring him closer to 110, but I could also see bringing him up a little. I'll also take your advice on the more official wording for his Champion status.
Only activating on an attack and only once per turn seems good to me. I assume he meant replacing the attack with a d20 roll, but I don't really see the problem with out of turn attacks. In fact, I think making it a d20 roll could be OP against DW9K and the like. You could lower it to 2 dice, in my mind that would also cancel any potential height advantage.

Quote:
Sam Knight: Dr. G: that's a...good question. I'm not quite sure how to feel about that one. My response would be no, but I'm not sure how you would word that to make it seem right.

Thanks again for all the interest, guys. I do have a couple more cowboys I want to do, including Mulroney and some squads. Those will come later!
Perhaps:

If Samuel Knight moved at least one space this turn...

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old April 10th, 2017, 03:21 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I meant replacing the attack with a d20 roll, like Commander's Strike or Engagement Strike. As for the problems facing out-of-turn attacks, I'll quote Scytale here:

Quote:
A careful examination of official Heroscape units tells a simple story when it comes to allowing a player to take multiple turns: no unit ever takes a turn in the middle of another unit’s turn. Bonding, for example, explicitly occurs “before taking a turn” with the bonding unit. Other powers give turns “after” or “instead of.” That is because doing otherwise opens the door to numerous problems. For example, do duration effects like Smoke Powder continue to work if another turn interrupts the current turn? More than that, though, it’s a slippery slope. If unit A’s turn is interrupted by unit B who takes a turn, which is interrupted by C who takes a turn, which is interrupted by B who takes a turn, which is interrupted by ... It doesn’t take many such powers to create a potentially deep stack of lots of units taking a turn concurrently. It’s a situation that the original designers wisely avoided, and so should we.
Let's say I have an El Santos, and so do you. My Roman Archers use their special attack against your Tornak and destroy it. You use Last Rites and your El Santos attacks one of the archers who killed your Tornak. (Here there's already a corner case -- which "figure" made the attack?) In this turn-within-a-turn, your El Santos kills my Roman Archer. But then my El Santos gets to use Last Rites, and in this turn-within-a-turn-within-a-turn, he attacks your El Santos. But wait! You have a Nakita Agent next to your El Santos and you roll for Smoke Powder. Pop quiz: whose turn is it?

There are rules you can break in Heroscape with special powers, but messing with turn sequence is fraught with peril.
Old April 10th, 2017, 03:58 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

You're not wrong about that. I'd argue that the case with the Roman Archers is, at least, covered by the "if possible" clause in his ability.

In the current iteration of the ability I have yet to post, Last Rites is only once per enemy turn. That wouldn't solve the dual El Santos problem, quite, but I might say something like "destroyed by a normal, special, or leaving engagement attack during an enemy's turn"

Your El Santos couldn't use Last Rites on the figure I killed with my Santos, because it wasn't technically his turn. That's what I would argue, anyway.
Old April 10th, 2017, 03:59 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I'm also not against just turning it into a straight d20 roll, too.
Old April 10th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For dual El Santos' you could do the Samurai Counterstrike method of having the power not work against other Cowboys or other units with the Last Rites special power or what have you.

~TAF, who should probably add that to his Customs capable of attacking out-of-turn

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 10th, 2017, 06:46 PM

Hmm. That's also a good option. I'll think over the various versions and probably post edits tonight or tomorrow.
Old April 12th, 2017, 01:59 PM

Re: PK's customs MK. III - 4/12 - The Lombardi Crime Family

4/12

I added targeting images to all cards, and made a number of changes to the Lead Vengeance figures.

==========================================

The year is 1931. Prohibition would end in two years, but there was still money to be made from the scarcity, and organized crime was scrambling to fill the gaps. Enter the Lombardi family. Immigrating from Italy in the mid 20s, they found cities like New York and Chicago already claimed by other families - so they turned their attention to the ripe territory of Los Angeles. Though affiliated with the American Cosa Nostra, the family quickly rose to power and carved out their own powerbase. With connections to Hollywood as well as the usual Mafia tactics of racketeering, blackmail, extortion, drug running, and speakeasies, the Lombardis were impossible to stop, living a quite public and glamorous life in the sunny streets of LA. Not even the death of Frank Lombardi, the family's patrician, stopped their rise. Indeed, his wife seemed to take advantage of her husband's death, using her intelligence and cunning to spread to cities like San Fransisco. It wasn't until the "deaths" of the family heads in a December explosion at their headquarters (rumored to have been perpetrated by a spurned lover of Mrs Lombardi, a man with Pinkerton connections) that the high life finally ended.

The Lombardi Brothers

Figures: Copplestone Castings - Frankie's Fingermen

Mickey "Sharps" and Vince "The Jackal" Lombardi were no strangers to violence. They cut their teeth on extortion, learned the family business at a young age. They were public figures in Los Angeles from the late 20s to the early 30s, Mickey's drug use and Vince's cruelty well known among the Hollywood elites. Though they enjoyed their wealth and success, they were no slouch in the violence department, well known for gunplay and fistfighting alike. Though they're reckless, they relish the opportunity to gain more power in this new world of Valhalla than they ever could in LA.

Mama Lombardi

Figure: Copplestone Castings - Gun Molls

After the tragic death of her husband, Angelica "Mama" Lombardi took to leading the family with remarkable aplomb, more cunning and devious than her husband. Don't let her age fool you - even Vydar himself is wary of her capacity to manipulate both her comrades and her sons, always seeming to be where trouble is not.
Old April 26th, 2017, 10:10 AM

Re: PK's customs MK. III - 4/26

Skreek

Figure: Pathfinder miniatures - Dire Bat

The enormous Dire Bats have been allies of the Esenwein for generations. Legend has it they were once elves, cursed into a hideous form and exiled to the wastelands. Now, they are scouts, couriers, and in Skreek's case, jesters. Skreek was Cyprien's beloved court jester, finding the bat's penchant for killing by dropping his victims from the sky amusing.

Ogre Bruisers

Figures: WoW miniatures

Although the Ogres of Azeroth are slightly different than those from other worlds, all ogres have some things in common; they're stupid, strong, and violent. Azerothian Ogres tend to rely on and defend their leaders, knowing they're not as smart as "the boss."

General Kondo

Figure: Monsterpocalypse - General Hondo

Of all the Primadon military leaders, Kondo is perhaps the most revered. A brilliant biogeneticist, he learned from studying the Marro, the fruits of his labor being a gene therapy that increased his size, strength, and endurance tenfold. His increased size didn't effect his intelligence, however, the general remaining a brilliant tactical mind and military leader.

Avalanchion

Figure: Pathfinder - Medium Earth Elemental

Not many of the Elementar have names - there's no need, for creatures who can return to stone at a moment's notice. Avalanchion relishes its title - the Rumbling Rockslide, the Living Avalanche. Only living mountains are more powerful and resolute than he.

Last edited by Pumpkin_King; May 5th, 2017 at 10:57 PM.
Old April 26th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Another cool batch, PK. Here are my initial thoughts:

Skreek: That's some court jester He's a decent alternative to the Wyvern, and the bonding with Death Chasers helps quite a bit. He might actually be a good link between a Vampire/Death Chaser army, come to think of it. Is there a reason Stealth Flying is his first power? Usually Flying comes last, usually.

Ogres: Cool reuse of a few powers. I appreciate the effort to not couple them with Raelin, but sadly they can still help Raelin herself. Maybe they could only guard Utgar units?

Kondo: Wow he's strong. 7 Life, 4 Defense, and Tough is immensely powerful. He's gonna be nigh impossible to kill. I'd say either lower his defense or buck the Tough entirely. Or maybe slightly lower his defense and make his Tough not work against Special Attacks.

Avalanchion: Cool hero version of the Granite Guardians. I imagine his Improved Rock Throw will be very powerful. It'd be cool if he could throw it farther depending on how much height he has, but that'd probably be too much text to do.

Overall some very cool units. I like the Utgar ones in particular.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 26th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Was really excited about those Lombardi figures until I found out they were metal.
Regardless, good stuff here.
Old April 26th, 2017, 10:34 PM

Hey, thanks!

I think on Skreek flying came first because I whipped up his card when my brother and I were still trying to work out Lift and Drop, so I slapped it on there first.

The Ogre buff came more from a desire to avoid defense-stacking, like you said. I just didn't want to have a situation where I or anyone else would have to houserule buffs because you can stack them up with other customs or official units. That's a good idea though, only buffing Utgar.

I think you're right about Kondo. I might have to lower his defense by one, or something.

And yeah, Tornado, I looked everywhere for a pre-painted or even a plastic set of mobsters. Nothing! Very frustrating. I'm still going to be buying and painting some of them myself though.
Old May 5th, 2017, 11:41 PM

Okay, I've lowered Kondo's defense by one. I...probably should have upped his price as well. I think we'll be playtesting him a bit. I'll let you all know how that goes.

================================

The Kelly Gang

Figures: The Kelly Gang - Dead Man's Hand - found on North Star miniatures.

The outlaw
Ned Kelly Ned Kelly
is infamous in Australia. Though his career is a notable one for a bandit and killer, the most famous part of his life is definitely his final stand with police. He and his gang donned suits of thick metal armor salvaged from train parts, rendering them almost bulletproof to the arms of the time. Ned held out for a long time, finally being brought down after being shot in the legs. Some of Kelly's gang were never accounted for after it was all over...no one on earth could know that they'd been summoned to Valhalla, to serve Einar...reluctantly.

Microcorp Hardsuit

Figure: AT-43 Tacarms

Only the most dedicated operatives in the Agent ranks earn the promotion into the Hardsuit program. Experimental but still well-tested technology allows for harder firepower in situations that standard Agents or Troopers can't handle alone. Equipped with interfaces that support the tactical abilities of nearby operatives, Hardsuits are an undeniable force for the Microcorp conglomerate's missions. Like the Trooper grunts say - when you have to kill every single Paradyne mother-hubbard in the room, you call for Hardsuit backup.

Polaris

Figure: Otherworld miniatures (D&D has an alternative giant owl)

Polaris the Wise, the King of Owls, ruled the snowy forests in Northern Feylund. He was kind and fair, but firm and valiant. It was under his guidance that the Owls and Elves became allies, a bond that would last for generations to come. Polaris' end came far too soon, the wise owl ambushed by the forces of the Esenweins, left for dead...a perfect opportunity for Aquilla to summon the noble owl King.

The Butcher

Figure: Buzzsaw - Rebel Minis

The Butcher. The Chainsaw Gutter. The Windy City Ripper.

Not much is known about Robert Paul Thompson's early life, except that it was filled with pain, misery, and abuse. Growing up on a farm with twisted monsters for parents, Bob Thompson grew into a bear of a man with the mind of a child. Having no regard for life, his downward decline began like many other serial killers - it started with animals, then people he decided were bad, and then...just anyone. His favored weapon, the one he came to be known for, was a chainsaw - said to be the only thing that could drown out his mother's screams.

Bob Thompson met his end in a sinking boat, cast out into a lake by the sole remaining survivor of a camping trip, a teenage girl who tricked the man into getting on the boat, knowing that the Butcher couldn't swim. Valkrill sensed his chance. He summoned the man, saving him from his drowning death, and gifted him a new weapon - an enchanted monstrosity, a chainsaw that never ran out of fuel, a machine that whispered to him in the voice of his mother - a voice that he would obey without question, not knowing it was Valkrill doing the whispering.

Russel Meyer

Figure: Mechwarrior Constructionmech #81

The events of June 4th, 2211 are well-documented. Citizens watched in breathless suspense as the rampage was broadcast on every holo-channel and social media site. Details trickled in - Russel Meyer was a construction worker in an underground Microcorp facility. He'd somehow ripped the limiters off his Neural Interfaced Mechanized Industrial Vehicle (or NIMIV) and had uploaded his mind into it. The death toll was thirty-seven in thirty minutes, and several trillion dollars in property damage, seemingly at random. Russel had no demands, no ransoms - he seemed content with simply causing death and destruction. No one knew the reason for his rampage. Maybe it was the divorce, or the terrible working conditions, or his alcoholism, or his gambling debt. Whatever the cause, Microcorp Agents responded, and Meyer managed to kill five more before a building was destroyed underneath him, plunging him off a cliff and into the waters below.

Valkrill summoned him as he hit the water, and in that moment cut Russel off from his body. Valkrill promised the stranded man that he'd return him to his body once the fighting was done - but Russel had grown used to this new body, and relished the opportunity to cause more destruction....and maybe kill a few more of those Microcorp bastards on the way.

This card has the obvious problem of being yellow and black on yellow and black, so I've provided an Utgar alternate here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards