Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 24th, 2021, 12:59 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!
New Battle Format - 1x Common Squads?

So I was brainstorming another battle/tourney format for HeroScape.

Has anyone tried a format where you can only use 1 x Common squad of a figure, and no Unique squads allowed? I think that'd be interesting.

500 points, you must have a minimum of 300 pts worth of common squad figures, and you can't have multiple's of the same squads. So common squads basically become unique squads for this format.

Seems like it could be a fun and challenging format. Thoughts?

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old February 24th, 2021, 01:57 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: New Battle Format - 1x Common Squads?

eh...I think commons X1 would make a lot of units unplayable at X1. Bonding commons will be the strongest options here and virtually any other non-bonding option will be unplayable...or, at least lose out in a 1-on-1 match.

That said, it's a new idea and unique and you should try out a few games and let us know how it goes. If it goes well, maybe I'll try to feature it on my channel

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 24th, 2021, 02:43 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I think your 4 man ranged squads are still very valuable as are mezzos. They de facto become unique squads.

Can I still use wyrmlings?
Old February 24th, 2021, 05:14 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
I think your 4 man ranged squads are still very valuable as are mezzos. They de facto become unique squads.

Can I still use wyrmlings?
I mean...they're heroes, but commons, sooooo I'd say you can have only 1 for each Wyrmling lol

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old February 24th, 2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
eh...I think commons X1 would make a lot of units unplayable at X1. Bonding commons will be the strongest options here and virtually any other non-bonding option will be unplayable...or, at least lose out in a 1-on-1 match.

That said, it's a new idea and unique and you should try out a few games and let us know how it goes. If it goes well, maybe I'll try to feature it on my channel
I'll try, I don't get to play as often lately, but I'd love to see it on your channel. Nothing preventing you from trying it in your next game!

(Sentinels, Microcorp *coughcough*) ;P

Old February 24th, 2021, 05:35 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is similar to some of the pod armies you see at reverse the whip. The most common component of those armies though is Realin: she's really necessary to keep those 1x squads (or at least 3/4th of them) alive for an extra turn or 2.

Some other squads that work --decently well-- at 1x:
PKs (range defense boost), Rats (still good at blocking & grabbing glyphs at 1x), & Vipers (decent 1st wave)

Anything with high defense (4) is also gonna be stronger than average just for staying power.

If nothing else, it helps you get better at random pieces of a pod that can be useful in reverse the whip
Old February 24th, 2021, 09:51 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Omnicron Snipers would be good at x1. So would the Mircrocorp Agents.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion