Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old November 3rd, 2012, 07:26 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker
Re: Online Heroscape Season 3 - ROUND 4 POSTED

My Vydar army is 2-1 with me playing it all 3 times.

My Ullar (Charos/GS) army is 1-1 with my opponents playing it against my Vydar army both times.

I'm 0-1 playing opponent's armies and 2-1 playing my own armies.

I'm 0-1 when winning the dice-off, 1-1 losing the dice-off, and 1-0 when I picked my opponent's army and let him pick mine.

I'm 0-1 when picking first, 1-1 when picking second, and 1-0 when picking an army for my opponent to play before he picked an army for me to play.

EDIT:
I'm 0-2 starting on the left side of the map and 2-0 starting on the right side.

Last edited by Vydar; November 3rd, 2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Forgot the most significant data point!
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The awesomeunleashed v. toastman56 pool of armies is:
* Cyprien, Gladiatrons x3, Blastatrons x2, Marcu
* Omegacron, Zetacron, Omnicron Snipers x1, Omnicron Repulsors x4, Air Elemental
* Marro Stingers x7, Raelin RotV, Guilty McCreech
* Blastatrons x3, Gladiatrons x3, Laglor
awesomeunleashed won the die roll and gets his choice of either first or second army selection.
I deferred, he took his Stingers, and I took my Cyp/GladBlast.

We are going to play at "3" today. Hopefully between now and then I'll find out what time zone, which could be further convoluted by the fact that most (but not all) of us set our clocks back an hour last night.

A Hangout might be happening, might not.

Old November 4th, 2012, 03:10 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just beat Smithy Winfred. He was very fun opponent.

He used his marro hoard and I used my Vulcanpodge. The dice were in my favor until the last rounds of the game but by then it was too late for him to make a solid rally.

Loving the amount of heroscape this tournament is allowing me to play. Many thanks to the organizers.
Old November 4th, 2012, 03:23 PM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The awesomeunleashed v. toastman56 pool of armies is:
* Cyprien, Gladiatrons x3, Blastatrons x2, Marcu
* Omegacron, Zetacron, Omnicron Snipers x1, Omnicron Repulsors x4, Air Elemental
* Marro Stingers x7, Raelin RotV, Guilty McCreech
* Blastatrons x3, Gladiatrons x3, Laglor
awesomeunleashed won the die roll and gets his choice of either first or second army selection.
Apparently this game was supposed to start ~20 minutes ago. I got to the game about 5 minutes late, but toastman was already gone. Hopefully he'll check back in.

Edit: We're be going now!

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; November 4th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old November 4th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
It was definitely the wackiest game I've ever played online.
My games are almost always wacky games, you should have anticiped that.

Quote:
with both of us getting really goo and really bad rolls at random times,
True

Quote:
but he got both of the game changing rolls(rolling 3/4 Sheilds to block Cypriens attack on a Glad, if I'd have killed him, I could have won, and winning the next Initiative to surround Cyprien with Glads.)
Lol the game changing dices were way before that, you were pretty dead at this moment. Your only chance was to kill the glad at 3vs4 AND to get the next initiative (if you missed on of this two rolls you died), unfortunately you missed the two... But even if you managed to fly away, I don't think you would be in a spot as good as you pretend, personnally I never saw Cyprien beat 4 glads and 5 blasts ( and 2 Black Wyrmlings and 1 red Wyrmling). You've to explain me how he could do that.

Anyway, I (and dok) think you lost in your army choice, one does not simply take Cyprien against the Trons...

Good game anyway.

Old November 4th, 2012, 05:41 PM

I beat toastman56. He started off the first round with a Drain and 5 wounds on Cyprien, and Stingers coming up both sides. My Blasts were very hard pressed to keep up a strong position (the map is tough on them starting out). However, toastman lost Stingers on his 3 other Drain rolls (if he hadn't, he likely could have won). Cyprien grabbed Kelda on cut down some Stingers before he died. toastman's Stingers had a very hard time killing Cyprien, and by the time they did, I had gotten a few Blasts up into the middle of the map and a few Glads up the side, and they rained death on his Stingers left in the SZ. toastman surrendered when all of his Stingers near Raelin and Guilty were dead, and he only had one squad left on the other side of the map. I still had 5 Blasts, 5 Glads, and Marcu left.

Good game, toastman56!

Old November 4th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Valentine and St. Patrick's Custom Contest Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Quote:
It was definitely the wackiest game I've ever played online.
My games are almost always wacky games, you should have anticiped that.

Quote:
with both of us getting really goo and really bad rolls at random times,
True

Quote:
but he got both of the game changing rolls(rolling 3/4 Sheilds to block Cypriens attack on a Glad, if I'd have killed him, I could have won, and winning the next Initiative to surround Cyprien with Glads.)
Lol the game changing dices were way before that, you were pretty dead at this moment. Your only chance was to kill the glad at 3vs4 AND to get the next initiative (if you missed on of this two rolls you died), unfortunately you missed the two... But even if you managed to fly away, I don't think you would be in a spot as good as you pretend, personnally I never saw Cyprien beat 4 glads and 5 blasts ( and 2 Black Wyrmlings and 1 red Wyrmling). You've to explain me how he could do that.

Anyway, I (and dok) think you lost in your army choice, one does not simply take Cyprien against the Trons...

Good game anyway.
True, Cyprien Vs. Trons is a bad matchup, but if you're down to 5 of each, and Cyprien has no wounds, can grab 2 T Glyphs, and Can run to Kelda, I'll take Cyprien. Had I killed that Glad I think I'd have won.

Tournament Record:27-11 Online record:51-21
Trade Thread; Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old November 4th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
can grab 2 T Glyphs, and Can run to Kelda
You can't do that thanks to Cybernetics Claws.
That's why taking Cyprien was an huge mistake, because even if the map is very favorable to him, even if there 2 T-glyphs and Kelda, all this is useless when your opponent has Cybernetics Claws.

That's also why I let you choose first:
Trons > Cyprien (even if the map is in favor of Cyprien)
Cyprien > Jandar thanks to the map (Kelda+T-glyphs)
Jandar > Trons

Old November 4th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Valentine and St. Patrick's Custom Contest Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
That's why taking Cyprien was an huge mistake, because even if the map is very favorable to him, even if there 2 T-glyphs and Kelda, all this is useless when your opponent has Cybernetics Claws.
Yes, I know, You just have to play it Smart. 8 move Cyprien can run away from 4 move Glads infefinately.

Tournament Record:27-11 Online record:51-21
Trade Thread; Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old November 4th, 2012, 06:25 PM

Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker

Great/Fun game GTigers! No Air Borne Elite drop = harsh times for the Walking Dead. Congrats. Good luck with the rest of your matches.
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:27 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

Just finished my match against Rosencrantz. He used his zombie horde, while I used his 4th build. His airborne elite (the only non-zombies) got lost over Germany and never landed in the Remains of Clionesia. The zombie horde attempted to overrun the 4th after the early deaths of Q10 and Raelin, but it today was not the day for an undead feast. Once the 4th figured out to shoot them in the head they fell relatively quickly.

All in all it was a great game that could've been heavily impacted by a single roll of the die. If the AE made it the game could've been very different. Rosencrantz played a well thought out game with little to no strategic errors, but missing a key component to his army proved to be insurmountable.

Good game Rosencrants and Good luck.

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I know, You just have to play it Smart. 8 move Cyprien can run away from 4 move Glads infefinately.
5 move Glads. But yes, this is an excellent way to never kill anything while the Blasts slowly gnaw you to death with long-range attacks of 1.

FWIW, Foudzing could have corralled you a little better at the end, but you were a huge long-shot to win even if you had been fortunate enough to kill the engaging Glad and then win initiative.

The key sequence of the game (other than the moment when you picked stingers instead of 4th) was actually much earlier, when you managed to take down Raelin using the last available space where you could attack her without engaging a gladiatron. You still lost the game, but if Raelin had survived those first two rounds it would have been ugly.

Last edited by dok; November 4th, 2012 at 06:37 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events