Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:18 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Online Heroscape Season 3 - ROUND 4 POSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I encourage others to post in a similar format to this, particularly if you have four games completed.
  • My Mezzodemon Warmongers x5, Vulcanmech Incendiborgs, Marcu Esenwein is 3-0 when I play it, and was never taken by an opponent.
  • My Varkaanan Blade Dancers x4, Krav Maga Agents, Laglor is 1-1 when my opponent plays it, and I never played it.
  • I am 0-1 playing armies that my opponent brought, and my opponents are 0-2 playing armies that they brought.
  • I am 2-1 when I win the dice-off, and 1-0 when I lose the dice-off.
  • I am 2-1 when picking first, and 1-0 when picking second.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm very sad for dalu. A top 3 with 2 europans would be huge, but the dices didn't thought that way.
Congratulations to InfectedSloth, he played really really well (and has gorgeous blue eyes ).

Quote:
I encourage others to post in a similar format to this, particularly if you have four games completed.
. I won 3 times the dice roll and losed it one time.
Particularity:
- I always choosed to defer the army choice when I won the dice roll.
- I choosed my opponent's army when I was forced to choose first, the 3 other times I countered my opponent's army with one of my two armies.
- In my games, there were never two armies of the same player on the field.

Also, when kevindola vs Sparkle will take place? I don't want to miss it.

Last edited by Foudzing; November 2nd, 2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:40 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

I just completed a nail-biter of a game with Dhyanam. Charos was able to pick up the Heroic Rune on his first try while the greenscales advanced. Dhyanam's Krav Maga Agents and Q9 were dishing out considerable damage to my forces, and I was having a tough time cracking their defense because of his well-protected Raelin (and Charos couldn't get more than 2 skulls on any of his attacks, even with the Heroic Rune!). Things were looking grim for me, until Charos made a beeline for the Glyph of Kelda and was able to heal 6 wounds! The bloodbath continued, and in the end I was able to squeak out a win with Charos at 8 wounds, two phantom knights, and a single greenscale warrior. Fantastic game Dhyanam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
- My Cyprien, Sonya, Marcu, and Skeletons of Annellintia x3 army is 0-1 when I play it, and 0-1 when my opponent plays it.
- My Axegrinders x3, Mogrimm, Ulfrid, and Krav Maga Agents army is 0-0 when I play it, and 1-0 when my opponent plays it.
- I am 3-0 playing armies my opponent brought, and my opponents are 0-3 playing armies that they brought.
- I am 1-0 when I win the dice-off, and 2-1 when I lose the dice off.
- I am 1-0 when picking first, and 2-1 picking second.

*If you read closely, you'll notice some of my numbers seem incorrect. That is because in round 1 my opponent and I both brought an identical army.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 11:58 AM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Vydar and I's game should be kicking off in about 5-10 minutes!

Here is the information for the game and G+ Hangout.

EDIT: The G+ Hangout is out, Vydar and I will only be private chatting. He could not get into the hangout.

I mostly lurk around here for nostalgia

Last edited by DrummerScaper97; November 3rd, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:07 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerScaper97 View Post
EDIT: The G+ Hangout is out, Vydar and I will only be private chatting. He could not get into the hangout.
Aw, too bad.

Sometimes clicking on a direct link to a Google Hangout throws up a screen saying that you need to refresh the plug-in before proceeding. Maybe that's what he got? If so, it's easy: just need to click on the "refresh the plug-in".
Old November 3rd, 2012, 01:02 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

Sorry, guys, I just haven't bothered installing Google+ yet. I'm using my wife's computer for the games because my laptop has such a small screen I can't see everything. I didn't think we'd have as many observers as we did since we aren't one of the high profile undefeated match-ups.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 01:35 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

DrummerScaper97 and I just finished a crazy game.

Both of us had a Charos/Greenscale build in our armies. I had played against Charos twice before in this tournament, so I told him that if he took his Ne-Gok-Sa/Grok Rider/Marro Warrior army he could choose which army I'd play. He accepted the challenge and selected my Vydar army (Q10, Nakitas, Gorillas, Warforged x2) for me.

When setting up my starting area, I found that the map is not friendly to 5 move characters when matched up against 7 move Grok Riders. I was expecting DS97 to send his Groks charging up the middle, so when I won initiative I opted to hang back and build a blockade with my Warforged (one blocking movement from the top, one in the middle, and one at the bottom).

DS97 did not send his Groks up the middle as I expected. He claimed the glyph of Lodin (top) and push his advance along the bottom route, so I probably should have played more aggressively with the Warforged by getting them on the road hexes quickly. Ne-Gok-Sa picked up a potion of healing and his excellent placement made it very hard for me engage him in a favorable manner. Q10 managed to down a few of the Grok Riders as they advanced, but in a key roll, my Warforged failed to kill the Grok Rider on the glyph of Lodin from height, and then died on the Grok's next activation leaving me with no one around the glyph.

By the end of the first round, DS97 had managed to corner Q10 in a manner that he could not escape NGS, but Q10 had managed to eliminate all Groks that were an immediate threat.

DS97 won a key initiative roll on the next round and then Soul Shackled Q10. This was a major blow as I had my first 2 OM's on Q10 and Q10 had no wounds. DS97 had played an excellent first round and I was pretty sure the game was lost at this point. However, instead of continuing his assault with Ne-Gok-Sa by going after my Nakitas, NGS turned towards eradicating my Warforged. He did engage one Nakita with a Grok, but did not go for the mindshackle. From this point on, I put all my OM's on the Nakitas. DS97 slowly ground down my Warforged forces and claimed the second treasure glyph (Elixir of Speed). My Nakitas managed to escape engagement from the Grok (it took 5 attacks to kill), kill the Grok on the glyph of Lodin, advance onto the road area, and kill my own Q10 with 3 or 4 attacks from height. I clogged the lane with my Gorillinators, engaging NGS and keeping him from advancing on my Nakitas.

In one key round, I won initiative and killed the last Grok Rider (costing DS97 an OM), moved my Nakitas in range of the Marro Warriors to finish them off from height (costing DS97 another OM), and wounded NGS. NGS used his potion of healing to restore his 3 wounds, disengaged my 2 remaining Gorillas (which both wounded him), and attempted to mindshackle my Nakitas. He failed, but managed to kill the Nakita with his attack.

The last round, DS97 won initiative and closed with another Nakita, failing to mindshackle or kill her. He finally fell to the Nakita barrage from height.

DS97 played an excellent game. By the first turn of the second round, I was sure he had beaten me. His main mistake was that he didn't go directly after the Nakitas after mindshackling Q10. The result was that my "angry" Nakitas, who seemed to consistently roll 3 (sometimes 4) skulls on their attacks, managed to turn the game around.

Thanks for a great game, DS97!

Last edited by Vydar; November 3rd, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Valentine and St. Patrick's Custom Contest Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, I have officially lost my game.

It was definitely the wackiest game I've ever played online, with both of us getting really goo and really bad rolls at random times, but he got both of the game changing rolls(rolling 3/4 Sheilds to block Cypriens attack on a Glad, if I'd have killed him, I could have won, and winning the next Initiative to surround Cyprien with Glads.) Anyway, Thanks for playing!

Tournament Record:27-11 Online record:50-21
Trade Thread; Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old November 3rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!

Thanks to Sparkle for a great game. I came out the winner with Cyprien pulling clutch blocks and chilling touches out and some key initiative wins.

Round 1
Sparkle rolls the drop but declines to drop the AE. Forces move out

Round 2
The combatants engaged and a PK takes down a minion, but they respond by killing 2. Cyprien enters and his sword kills the 2nd minion. The minions counter with 4 hearty wounds to Cyprien. His final turn hits a chilling touch and another melee kill from height gets him back to 4 life. However the minions hit again and put 2 wounds on him (4 total). (4 minions dead, 2 PKs dead)

Round 3
Minions kill another PK and drop Cyprien to 1 life, he retreats to Kelda for a heart container. More minions and PKs swap against each other. Cyprien takes a few wounds but also hits some CT. By the end of the round there are only 2 minions, Atlaga vs. 3 life Cyprien, Golem, and 6 PKs

Round 4
AE drop, however I win a key initiative and PKs are able to kill 2. The PKs finish off the AE after 3 PKs are killed and they wound Cyp, leaving...Cyprien with 1 life left, 3 PKs, Golem vs. Atlaga and 2 minions.

Round 5
First 2 OMs from both players are 10 failed attacks from PKs and Minions on each other.
My last turn flies Cyprien down giving height to a minion but he hits CT. heals to 2 life. Atlaga comes in missed his attack and his bolt

Round 6
PKs swarm Atlaga and kill him in 2 round losing one in the process.

Round 7
Cyprien takes two turns but hits a CT to kill the last minion.

Remaining army: Cyprien (3 life), 2PK, Iron Golem

I was hot with Chilling touch (4/6) and Cyprien managed to kill 2 minions with regular attack. that was 5 wounds healed, plus the Kelda glyph meant Cyprien did some serious damage in this game. The PKs didn't really hold their own against the minions, but did take care of that pesky paratrooper problem when it happened.

A fun game with sparkle that could have easily gone his way with initiative after the Drop or with some better chilling touch luck.

EDIT: added sparkle's comments
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesparkleinyourwater
That's a very good summary, kevindola.
I think you summarized rounds 3 & 4 together, and the subsequent rounds are off by 1.

I hit Cyprien for 14 wounds total. That Kelda glyph sucks . I lost initiative in rounds 2,4,5,6,7, & 8 and the first round initiative didn't really matter.

Round 5 was when the Airborne dropped, it was the biggest by far, it would have been 3 4's and a 3 on a 3 life Cyprien.

Round 6 would have helped too, if I'd won I would have been able to get to Cyprien instead of getting engaged by the PK's.

Round 7, Atlaga would have gotten to attack Cyprien with 5 and position himself to get height advantage against one of the 3 incoming PK's.

The initiative was just so crucial with Cyprien, if you lose initiative on him he might end up with more life.

Last edited by kevindola; January 6th, 2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:24 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's a very good summary, kevindola.
I think you summarized rounds 3 & 4 together, and the subsequent rounds are off by 1.

I hit Cyprien for 14 wounds total. That Kelda glyph sucks . I lost initiative in rounds 2,4,5,6,7, & 8 and the first round initiative didn't really matter.

Round 5 was when the Airborne dropped, it was the biggest by far, it would have been 3 4's and a 3 on a 3 life Cyprien.

Round 6 would have helped too, if I'd won I would have been able to get to Cyprien instead of getting engaged by the PK's.

Round 7, Atlaga would have gotten to attack Cyprien with 5 and position himself to get height advantage against one of the 3 incoming PK's.

The initiative was just so crucial with Cyprien, if you lose initiative on him he might end up with more life.

Quote:
Since I've played four games now, I figured I'd put up some statistics about how this new format has played out for me. I encourage others to post in a similar format to this, particularly if you have four games completed.
  • Mohican River Tribe x2, Brave Arrow, Venoc Warlord, Zetacron, Marcu army is 2-0 when I play them, 0-1 when my opponent plays it.
  • My Minion, Airborne, Atlaga army is 0-1, it has only been played by me.
  • I'm 1-0 playing opponent's armies and 2-1 playing my own. My opponent's are 1-2 playing their own, and 0-1 playing mine.
  • I'm 1-0 when picking first, and 2-1 when picking second.
  • I'm 1-1 when I win the dice off, and 2-0 when I lose it.
  • I am 1-0 when playing against Dok.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
  • I am 1-0 when playing against Dok.
You are 0-1 when you drop all your Airborne within the threat range of the PKs for no good reason.

Last edited by dok; November 3rd, 2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: I needed your win for Strength of Schedule...
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
Valentine and St. Patrick's Custom Contest Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My Cyprien, Sonya, Raelin, Isamu, Stingersx4 army is 2-1 when I play it, and was never taken by an opponent.
My Sir Gilbert, KoWx3, 4thx3 army is 0-1 when my opponent plays it, and I never played it.
I am 1-0 playing armies that my opponent brought, and my opponents are 1-2 playing armies that they brought.
I am 3-0 when I win the dice-off, and 0-1 when I lose the dice-off.
I am 2-1 when picking first, and 1-0 when picking second.

Tournament Record:27-11 Online record:50-21
Trade Thread; Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Last edited by boromir96; November 3rd, 2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: 0 not o :p

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events