Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 7th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Race for the presidency political discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister View Post
Freedom is the ability to say 2+2=4
You really like bringing up 1984, don't you. First you replaced the word Thoughtcrime with something else, now this.

Note: it's one of my favorite books, so don't take this negatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; November 7th, 2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think we should use Principal Skinner's Pledge of Allegiance:

"Hey America. You're so fine. You're so fine, you blow my mind. Hey America."

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:08 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
I have no problem with anyone exercising their right to practice whatever religion they want. Worship a frog for all I care. As long as you don't force it on me and it doesn't cause anyone any harm, go for it. Freedom of religion. But, as soon as you start to force it on me I'll fight back, and hard.
That's the same way I feel about both religion, and the Homosexual agenda. I don't care what they do in private, but when they feel the need to convince everyone else that its okay and normal, and that I should accept and push their agenda, that's when I get upset.

As far as my feelings on marriage and gay marriage go, I don't think there should be legal marriages of any kind. The government has no business with a religious ritual. All legal marriages should be civil unions, in my opinion. That would remove the stigma of allowing 'heathens' to participate in a sacred religious ritual. I think far less Christians would complain about the subject if the word 'marriage' weren't used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
You really like bringing up 1984, don't you. First you replaced the word Thoughtcrime with something else, now this.

Yeah, I do from time to time. Actually I make a lot of references to different things. Usually just to see who is paying attention. Mostly, no one.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
Quote:
I have no problem with anyone exercising their right to practice whatever religion they want. Worship a frog for all I care. As long as you don't force it on me and it doesn't cause anyone any harm, go for it. Freedom of religion. But, as soon as you start to force it on me I'll fight back, and hard.
That's the same way I feel about both religion, and the Homosexual agenda. I don't care what they do in private, but when they feel the need to convince everyone else that its okay and normal, and that I should accept and push their agenda, that's when I get upset.
Normal? Who are you to decide what normal looks like? Who are any of us to determine what normal is to anyone else? What most people think is normal is what walks and talks like ME.

Something that might not have occured to you but, to a gay man, being gay IS normal. That is what he is. No one asks you not to be a Christian so why should Christians ask gay people not to be gay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by "quido'
As far as my feelings on marriage and gay marriage go, I don't think there should be legal marriages of any kind. The government has no business with a religious ritual. All legal marriages should be civil unions, in my opinion. That would remove the stigma of allowing 'heathens' to participate in a sacred religious ritual. I think far less Christians would complain about the subject if the word 'marriage' weren't used.
I wish you were right but I kind of doubt it. I am happily open to being proven wrong, but, no matter what you call it, I just don't think most Christians are going to be ok with it.

Bannister

PS. I consider myself a moderate, but I still voted.

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:30 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
I don't know about anyone else here, but this thread is now going on 248 pages based on my settings.

Perhaps its time to switch to a post-election thread instead of this one.

(Nothing political in this post, so I consider myself to be living up to my promise a few pages back).
Go ahead and post whatever you want, as I think most folks have you on ignore anyway...
Except you.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:46 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well Shieldcrusher, we all know the well documented cases of Jesus going around trying to get his name on currency and making sure everyone said his prayers everywhere. His campaigns to intitute prayer in schools were widely hailed as was his famed political stint as a hopeful local regent. He was also famous for promoting public law and campaigning in favor of politicans who supported his views.

Oh wait...

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 7th, 2008, 01:11 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:

Yeah, I do from time to time. Actually I make a lot of references to different things. Usually just to see who is paying attention. Mostly, no one.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Quote:
Quote:
Normal? Who are you to decide what normal looks like? Who are any of us to determine what normal is to anyone else? What most people think is normal is what walks and talks like ME.

Something that might not have occured to you but, to a gay man, being gay IS normal. That is what he is. No one asks you not to be a Christian so why should Christians ask gay people not to be gay?

Quote:
I wish you were right but I kind of doubt it. I am happily open to being proven wrong, but, no matter what you call it, I just don't think most Christians are going to be ok with it.

Bannister

See, if it were just a clean break between religious "marriage" and contractual "union," the argument would be much easier. If you want to get married, and have all the legal rights and priveleges associated, no problem: just go right ahead and do it. If you want to belong to a church that won't perform or recognize gay marriages, and can't (and, more importantly, shouldn't) be forced to, that's fine, too. There's no need to "redefine" marriage, insofar as each individual church goes. It's just a matter of the country recognizing the legal rights of consenting adults in committed unions, no matter what you want to call them.

And, yes, there would of course be people who would still say that the gays don't deserve to have the same rights and protections as straights. Those people are douches, because they're trying to relegate a segment of the population to second class citizenship. That's bad, m'kay?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old November 7th, 2008, 02:44 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think that is exactly my point. I am quite content to describe myself on a personal level as being the normal version of humanity, while believing that those that deviate from my perspectives, good people though they may be, are misguided. Even so, that doesn't bestow upon me the obligation to convert my associates to my way of thinking. I never said that Christians (or people of any religion) should ask gay people to not be gay, but I am in disagreement when those that support the Homosexual agenda persecute me for not believing that homosexuality is perfectly normal. I have gay friends too, just as I have Jewish friends, liberal friends and Onacara friends. Just because we disagree on various ideals doesn't mean I can't respect them as people, and it doesn't mean I wouldn't help them out in their own times of need. It just means that we have different opinions.

Quote:
Quote:

Bannister

I don't think anyone who is anti-homosexual, Christian or not, will ever be 100% okay with 'gays'. I do think, however, that removing the fuel from the proverbial fire will go a long way to douse the tension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Quote:
I think that is exactly my point. I am quite content to describe myself on a personal level as being the normal version of humanity, while believing that those that deviate from my perspectives, good people though they may be, are misguided. Even so, that doesn't bestow upon me the obligation to convert my associates to my way of thinking. I never said that Christians (or people of any religion) should ask gay people to not be gay, but I am in disagreement when those that support the Homosexual agenda persecute me for not believing that homosexuality is perfectly normal. I have gay friends too, just as I have Jewish friends, liberal friends and Onacara friends. Just because we disagree on various ideals doesn't mean I can't respect them as people, and it doesn't mean I wouldn't help them out in their own times of need. It just means that we have different opinions.
So you can respect them as people as long as they don't ask for the same rights that you have or expect you to consider them as "normal"?

I don't expect you to change your religious views on homosexuality. If you want to believe that it is a sin and that those people will spend an eternity in torment, then that is your freedom of religious right. I will argue just a fervently to make sure you get to keep that right as I am right now.

What I do expect from you is for you to realise that now IS their time of need. Right now they are fighting for equality and would appreciate you standing beside them and acknowledge them as a "human beings" with certain "inalienable" rights. Even if you also consider them sinners.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:25 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I think that is exactly my point. I am quite content to describe myself on a personal level as being the normal version of humanity, while believing that those that deviate from my perspectives, good people though they may be, are misguided. Even so, that doesn't bestow upon me the obligation to convert my associates to my way of thinking. I never said that Christians (or people of any religion) should ask gay people to not be gay, but I am in disagreement when those that support the Homosexual agenda persecute me for not believing that homosexuality is perfectly normal.
Exactly how are you being persecuted? If gay marriages were legally recognized, in what way would it subtract from the legal rights and priveleges you currently enjoy? Being asked to tolerate a lifestyle you don't support does not count as persecution. By your logic, it would seem that simply because I am forced to tolerate people who loudly chew gum, I am being persecuted. Conversely, if I were to pass legislation that would forbid gum chewing people from getting married, I would somehow be protecting my rights. Explain this persecution you speak of, in terms not of what you find offensive, but of what harm is being done to you.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:29 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

I have a quick statement.

From my understanding of the teachings of Jesus, however minimal they may be were basically that you should love your fellow man, he forgave Judas, he believed that you should love thy neighbor, and spread the good word.

In the end it is up to God, and St. Peter who goes up and who goes down, we have no right to judge others and prevent their "happiness" if they are not harming another.

DWARVES!
Old November 7th, 2008, 05:16 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Right now they are fighting for equality and would appreciate you standing beside them and acknowledge them as a "human beings" with certain "inalienable" rights. Even if you also consider them sinners.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General