Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 26th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Re: SoCal Slaughter NHSD '08

kenjib, know of any "mellow" neighbor-hood type places? I like old town, but I wonder how old town would like me after several straight hours of gaming.

I know of a place called "The Station" on Baldwin near Las Tunas in Rosemead, I believe. It was a really laid-back atmosphere, eh BIGJIM?

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old September 26th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

I don't drink really so I'm not very knowledgeable regarding bars. There's a british pub near Game Empire that has great fish and chips and some imported British beers on tap though. I can't remember the name but it's on Colorado near Allen on the south side of the street. It seemed pretty mellow when I was there though they do have the occasional beer tasting event which might be a little less mellow.
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:53 AM

JuicerGM has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce View Post
Anything to toss back a couple extra!!!

There is the other possiblity of carpooling if that will allow some time for you to sober and that always helps the drive so it is not too tiresome.

I am usually the designated driver so that would be fine with me.

You are a good friend. When the Zombies come to take over the world I will be tripping you.
Old September 27th, 2008, 05:27 AM

BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
kenjib, know of any "mellow" neighbor-hood type places? I like old town, but I wonder how old town would like me after several straight hours of gaming.

I know of a place called "The Station" on Baldwin near Las Tunas in Rosemead, I believe. It was a really laid-back atmosphere, eh BIGJIM?
OHHHHHH YEAAAAA! "The Station" very laid back and the story I can tell!!!! I down for a few but not my usual :I out drink everyone no sweat: for I got to get probably get my daughter from work when she get out a 1:00am and then got to get up early the next day to go to Victorville and set up for my Mother - in - laws' surprise birthday party [ Oh Yea I'm really thrilled ] {Sourcasm}

.....YOU UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE !
Old September 27th, 2008, 11:24 AM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

I would love to car pool, but prior engagements and something about legal drinking age have me heading out right after the tourney, maybe next time, next year, after my 21st bday.

DWARVES!
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:33 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

After some discussing, I too will be leaving after the gaming gets packed up. I'm somewhat of a lightweight anyway. But I'll no doubt be there from first to last.
Old September 27th, 2008, 02:07 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation

Gaming? Drinks? Good times with old friends? Can NHSD get any better?

Cheers to all of you!

Cheers to your favorite crew!
Old September 27th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkerson74 View Post
Gaming? Drinks? Good times with old friends? Can NHSD get any better?
I think not... unless I go undefeated and get hooked up with a fantastic prize!

Yeah... I think not.

So, any update as to whether or not you'll be carpooling down with Robb and I?

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old September 27th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, it'd be good to know how much room we have for transporting extra maps. And are we doing any practice beforehand as well? I'm open pretty much every Saturday.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Last edited by robbdaman; September 27th, 2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old September 28th, 2008, 02:09 AM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation

Yeah..some practice would be good....Im down. As far as carpooling....I think im gonna take my truck....but a caravan would be cool, just incase something happens. I look forward to seeing ya guys....Rob, what is the practice date again?

Cheers to all of you!

Cheers to your favorite crew!
Old September 29th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkerson74 View Post
Yeah..some practice would be good....Im down. As far as carpooling....I think im gonna take my truck....but a caravan would be cool, just incase something happens. I look forward to seeing ya guys....Rob, what is the practice date again?
I'm down with some practice, as well. But I'll let you two decide the date and time, as my weekend availability has been fluctuating as of late.

The caravan idea sounds like a good one. I think the consensus was that we were going to try and leave early in order to make it down to Pasadena to help with set up. And it's always cool to get down there ahead of time to talk to folks before things get too heated.

We could meet at my place that morning, load up and then head out from there. How does that sound?

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old September 29th, 2008, 02:48 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Can't wait to meet you all, and to see those I have met again!

DWARVES!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day